File Sharing Site Limewire Shut Down By US District Court

T4M*

File sharing site Limewire has been shut down after the US district court issued an injunction.

The company which offers users’ free illegal downloads of music, music and videos has been at loggerheads with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for over four years and has now been told it must disable its search, download and upload functions.

A message on Limewire.com says: “This is an official notice that LimeWire is under a court ordered injunction to stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.

“Downloading or sharing copyrighted content without authorisation is illegal.”

A spokesperson for the company said they were now ‘out’ of the file-sharing business however were working on other ideas that adhere to copyright laws.

http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/file-sharing-site-limewire-shut-down-by-us-district-court/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
File sharing site Limewire has been shut down after the US district court issued an injunction.

The company which offers users’ free illegal downloads of music, music and videos has been at loggerheads with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for over four years and has now been told it must disable its search, download and upload functions.

A message on Limewire.com says: “This is an official notice that LimeWire is under a court ordered injunction to stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.

“Downloading or sharing copyrighted content without authorisation is illegal.”

A spokesperson for the company said they were now ‘out’ of the file-sharing business however were working on other ideas that adhere to copyright laws.

http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/file-sharing-site-limewire-shut-down-by-us-district-court/

HOLY SHIT! Music, music AND videos??!!??!!

• Like 1

soulseek is still alive and well. i use it often. i have stolen many a song from lime wire but haven't cared for awhile. i was guilty of renaming skredriver tunes with the popular songs of the day for my own amusement. then a lot of other people started doing it and it turns out that it is not so funny.

i haven't used it but when i ask people i know where they steal their music frrom, frostwire is the most popular answer so i guess that's what's going on amongst those that like reinstalling their OS every so often.

is winmx still up?:lol:

yeah totally scary they took down an illegal file sharing program.

my rights brah

Internet censorship... this is how it starts...

wait and see where things are going, especially with the whole "killswitch" giving Obama the right to turn off the internet in the US for up to a couple months...

I'm sure Casek can chime in more about this.