Preserving Graffiti History

Gnarly Sheen

I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't know if i'd be better to just replicate the entire car on a wall or... what they're doing. Either way, pretty dope.

Cool story br0, right. I get it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/arts/design/27graffiti.html?_r=1

[[Anyone who has been lost in the last few weeks around the southern reaches of the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn could be excused for experiencing a powerful Koch administration flashback. On the wall of a brick warehouse there, visible from the parking lot of a furniture store, a huge mural unfurls itself, a loving, seemingly spray-by-spray re-creation of one of the more infamous pieces of graffiti ever to ride the subway: a 1980 work by the artist known as Seen that covered the length of a No. 6 train car with the ominous phrase “Hand of Doom.”]]

Read the whole thing

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Saw this earlier today. I like the idea but buffing those kuma and hert things was a dickhead move.

totally. if i was them id take it as a diss. where the fuck did the pull joan of arc from? shit is lame if they are changing the original pieces. thats not paying homage, thats bastardizing classics