Netbooks

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

had an acer, was ok. All pc's come loaded with bullshit, so once you clean it out it works fine. acer also has a larger optional battery pack i believe (its one of the cheapest brands)

HP netbooks are pretty good, but more expensive.

really, how much is your dad going to do with it? because an acer should work for general purposes just fine...

I don't think he's trying to spend macbook money on the gift.

Seeks --if your pops is just using it for the web, the Samsung one my girl has was pretty cheap and does the trick. She cleaned off all the bullshit she didn't need, and I've never seen her have any issues. The battery life is really good as well, much much better than my macbook. I think she only payed like 3 or 4 bills for it.

Here's the info:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/notebook/others/NP-N210-JA02HK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Here's some reviews:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/samsung-np-n210-ja02us/4505-3121_7-33970183.html

i hate it when people qualify themselves as apple people

apple_gauged_ear_headset.jpg

but anyways. What i did was pick up a Dell Latitude D410. I put an extended life battery on

and added a GB of system memory. Its a small laptop and only came with 40 GB hard drive

so i picked up an external HD that holds 320. I got the comp for free but ive seen the same

one on ebay and craigslist for 100$. The added memory was not necessary but I wanted a bit

more performance. The external hard drive was necessary. All together its probably 250$

and i wouldn't trade it for a new netbook in a million years

He and my step mom are going camping across Mexico for 4 months, living out of their van (no hippie). He just needs something simple to watch DVDs on, get on the Internet and I think my step mom might need to run excel for some simple work-from-the-road shit. They don't need anything fancy or expensive at all. To be perfectly honest, I think my dad just doesn't want to be away from his online poker.

Ima skate up to best buy in a few and see what they have to say.

my Dell. The one i described above has a dock

that it sits in with a dvd drive and other shit. Im

not sure i would want my mom camping out a van

in mexico for 4 months. If the gangs are really out

there kidnapping migrants from south mexico and

latin america hopping trains to get to america

(people with little to nothing).... they see your folks

and you can expect a phone call and ransom

He and my step mom are going camping across Mexico for 4 months, living out of their van (no hippie). He just needs something simple to watch DVDs on, get on the Internet and I think my step mom might need to run excel for some simple work-from-the-road shit. They don't need anything fancy or expensive at all. To be perfectly honest, I think my dad just doesn't want to be away from his online poker.

I don't know if netbooks have players in them. You could always try and find an external one cheap online and use that attached to the netbook.

Or just tell them to watch Telemundo.