junkie gets outrun by a 90 year old

sayWORD?

3639380.bin?size=620x400

The thief likely thought he’d spotted the perfect mark in 84-year-old Josefine Haas.

The West Kelowna senior was about to get into the back seat of her Toyota Corolla, which was parked in an underground lot in Vancouver’s Gastown.

She had an expensive Burberry purse in one hand. Her husband Otto, who is just two months shy of 90, was already sitting in the driver’s seat.

What the thief didn’t know is that Otto Haas ran the 100 metres in 12.5 seconds about 70 years ago as a university track star in Germany. And that he’s still pretty spry.

“I was just pulling on the door handle when someone jumped me from behind,” Josefine recalls. “He was pulling on my purse, but it has two strong handles, and I wouldn’t let go.”

Josefine says the man pushed her to the ground and twisted the purse free, snapping one of her fingers.

When he dashed for a stairwell, Otto leaped out of the car and chased him across the lot.

“I started screaming like I’d never screamed before,” Josefine says. “I chased after them, because I’m afraid he’s pushing Otto down, or he has a knife.”

Otto chased the thief up three flights of stairs.

The man passed the second-floor door, an open entrance to a mall, heading for the roof. But the top floor door was locked.

Otto had him cornered, standing about three metres from him.

Security guards had heard Josefine’s screams, and within a minute they ran into the stairwell.

“You move and I shoot,” one of them shouted at the thief.

About three minutes later, police arrived.

In an interview Thursday, Josefine said she’s doing just fine, except for the heavy painkillers she has to take for her broken finger and sore back.

“I knew Otto would protect me,” the proud wife says. “After 61 years of marriage, it’s just a reaction.”

“I’m surprised I could run that fast,” Otto says. The former sprinter says he’s still active, but hasn’t run flat out in decades. “The legs are not the same anymore; they get wobbly.”

The couple was visiting Josefine’s sister in Vancouver, and having a great time shopping in Gastown, when the last day of the trip ended with unpleasant fireworks.

They say they enjoy Vancouver and will return, even if the city is not as safe as it used to be.

Otto says if the thief had attacked during the stairwell standoff, he would have been ready, but the younger man seemed to accept that he was overmatched.

“He said ‘Here, take the purse,’” Otto says. “In a way, I felt sorry for him. It looked like he was under the influence of drugs.”

Otto adds that an unidentified woman who saw the struggle in the parking garage called police, and he would like to thank her.

Allen James Barkley, a 28-year-old Surrey man, was later charged with robbery in connection with the incident in the 200-block Granville Street, which happened on Sept. 22.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Spry+senior+chases+down+mugger+Vancouver+purse+snatching/3639384/story.html#ixzz13LKKSWHL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There has got to be a better come-up for a junkie than robbing grannies. If I snapped an old ladies finger I would feel so bad I would jump in front of the skytrain.

The DTES is the worst mix of Junkies and hipster douchebags on Earth- If powder drugs were poisoned the city would improve immensely overnight.

Yeah thats kind of low even for a junkie,

I can honestly say if I saw this dude rob and injury the old bag its a safe bet youd need a crowbar to pull me off from pummeling his dead beat ass.

And like dude two post up said, the old guy didnt outrun him he just got trapped and knew he was fucked.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

you know it haha.

what i want to know is what is an 80 something year old woman doing rocking a burberry purse.

and where can i get ahold of said lady for some sugar mommaing.

What I wanna know is, how the fuck would you know what kind of purse that is?

There might be a /nh in order after typing a statement like that.

how do i know what kind of purse that is?

because i read the article.

how do i know what burberry is?

i fuck higher class hoes than your american apparel hipsters.

and ive been known to hit saks fifth when im down south of the border.

didnt you hear?

i live my life vicariously through dwayne carter.

he wears it, its cool wit me.

Lil-Wayne-Burberry-Scarf.jpg&t=1

fuckouttahea br0.

how do i know what kind of purse that is?

because i read the article.

how do i know what burberry is?

i fuck higher class hoes than your american apparel hipsters.

and ive been known to hit saks fifth when im down south of the border.

didnt you hear?

i live my life vicariously through dwayne carter.

he wears it, its cool wit me.

Lil-Wayne-Burberry-Scarf.jpg&t=1

fuckouttahea br0.

So in other words you're a metrosexual?

We call them fags down here.

in other words...

im at a point in my life, professionally and personally, that does not allow me to acquire clothes from the local value village.

or walk around everyday wearing paint splattered airwalks.

youll get there eventually.

or you wont.

l_86efede18989cb0d11c4054cfc09b85c.jpg

in other words...

im at a point in my life, professionally and personally, that does not allow me to acquire clothes from the local value village.

or walk around everyday wearing paint splattered airwalks.

youll get there eventually.

or you wont.

l_86efede18989cb0d11c4054cfc09b85c.jpg

^This nigga in the 3 piece is stylin on you and your metrosexual fag gear.

I think you're mad at yourself.

i think youre obsessed with my wardrobe.

which makes you HOMOsexual.

why do you care so much about another mans fashion sense?

lets put it this way...

if you ever found a girlfriend, my dick would be in her pussy.

and you'd be standing there in your orange tab levis wondering what happened.

i think youre obsessed with my wardrobe.

which makes you HOMOsexual.

why do you care so much about another mans fashion sense?

lets put it this way...

if you ever found a girlfriend, my dick would be in her pussy.

and you'd be standing there in your orange tab levis wondering what happened.

You the one who seems obsessed.

And I haven't rocked Levis since elementary school.