WHATS THE DIFFERENCE....

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, each to their own. id call it a dnb beat...or at least very reminiscent of dnb.

either how, my point was more that Magentic Man (the people who made the tune) are 3 of the most well know dubstep guys. but is this tune dubstep or a trance-fast drum mash up?

it's jungle at 140 bpm. like playing dnb (which is +/-172bpm) at 33rpm instead of 45rpm, will give you breaks. it's also mixed in with dubstep though.

the difference between techno and dubstep is that techno is more 4 to the floor, meaning each beat in a bar has a kick. i think techno is mostly around 125bpm.

in dubstep, the (heavily emphasized) snare is on the third beat of every bar, giving a kind of swing/shuffle feel to the beat. there is a lot of 'space' between the kick and snare (2 beats to be precise), unlike techno which thuds every beat, and seems to be in a rush to get to nowhere in particular.

dubstep is deeply rooted in UK soundsystem culture and influenced by jungle, dnb, hardcore, garage, dub, grime, etc.

flying lotus does not make dubstep, whoever said that was wrong. he works with analogue hardware, while most dubstep is digital. and he's clearly from the j dilla/madlib school of beatmaking.

colo story bro.

There is so much music with an emphasis on bass these days, I just lump it all into what I call bass music. dubstep, glitch hop, stuff like pretty lights, daedlus, bassnectar etc...

Techno is a pretty specific genre, I would describe it as having emphasis on drum and rhythym patterns, with little or no melodies or breakdowns, repeating patterns that are manipulated with filters and what not, and like daddy screw said a 4 to the floor beat.

Dubstep is a genre within techno.

They're actually both electronic music genres.... techno and dubstep that is..... techno is that classic "oontz" sound.... dubstep sounds sort of like a hip hop producer too stoned to use their equipment stumbling over buttons on the MPC with a womping d'n'b style bass line behind it..... atleast that's what most shit i consider "dubstep" to sound like.... French Electro-House FTMFW!!!!!

Dubstep is a genre within techno. I think it's what Jungle/DnB has become.

But I could be wrong, because i've never actually sat down and listened to it.

Dubstep is the same thing as jungle.

Just like how jungle was the same thing as drum and bass.

When people started calling drum and bass "jungle", other people were asking what the difference was.

There was no difference, and there is no difference.

All three are the exact same music.