Your highschool bands: where are they now?

Soup

You didnt have to know how to sing or play an instrument to be in one, and chances are you didn't. Not very well at least. My musical friends are a thing of pride for me, regardless if they're broke or sold out hard so here we go.

In highschool i was a singer/keboardist in a screamo band called Seeing Means More.

I got kicked out of it for kicking an amp off stage and restricted to only making the shirts, and NOW, the lead singer and the guitarist are in this

Fight fair just completed the entire Warped tour, which is tight, but I wish they made music we all like again. Both SMM and FF are joke bands, but when its how you make a living, is it still a joke?

Luckily not all my friends sold out and now are doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSH4asOPgQk&feature=player_embedded#!

What about the rest of you? Post if bands you were in, or bands your friends were/are in for the sometimes hilarious contradictions.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Luckily not all my friends sold out and now are doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSH4asOPgQk&feature=player_embedded#

Kick-fuckin-ass. Dan Smith of Listener is on that track.

Been listening to homie for years. Exceptionally nice and humble person.

My contribution to this thread being that I wrote songs for music that never came about to a band I had already named.

none of my friends from highschool were musicians...

but im pretty sure a good lot of my friends are going to go on to become

leading figureheads in politics,science, and media

now for me.... i have no idea what the fuck im doing anymore. undeclared sophomore in college with no idea what i want to pursue anymore.

A lot of people play silly music to make money, and you can't blame them. I's the same as a guy who wears a suit to work, I guess they're selling out on the clothes they normally wear. . . but when tons of money and having fun on tour is involved, it's ok in my book.

But I will say, I never got the whole screamo, hipsters playing death metal, while singing about girls who broke their heart thing. But hey, if it pays the bills and takes you around the world.

That's exactly right. PLaying silly music is the same as wearing a silly suit. It's all corporate bullshit, which is why you see Fight Fair on TRL and ran through other corporate machines/merchants of cool.

And screamo, as far as we were concerned, was satire. There was a lot of humor in it.

n24602082_35508926_704.jpg

Just saying. Look at this. We used to make fun of NFG. Another friend's band opened for them a while ago so we went to the show and ended up throwing water bottles at them while screaming "JORDAN. WE LOVE YOU!" Even then we were Kings of Satire.

Now they're being sold on Fight Fair's endcap. Hahahhahaha. Im gonna go cry now.

Between this thread and eyedea dying i've been reminiscing a lot about what it meant to watch local bands or "underground" rappers play. It was motivated by a total hatred of MTV, TRL, big record labels and the focus-group packaged corporate-sponsored monsters their musicians became, because you wanted control of what was culturally relevant and not have it dictated to you by television. With the advent to the internet the game's changed and has made TV along with MTV, no longer socially relevant, so there's no counter culture pushing local music anymore, and at the same time you now have the endless internet/youtube-scape to find music on, so that's two strikes against "scene" or "genre" music from ever happening again.

I was in band class/neighbors/still good friends with the drummer of this band. Gay ass music, but they pull females and his parties are full of drunken young sluts.

That's actually not that impressive. Its all about lowering your standards, something some people have no problem with. Also, a lot of people get kind of big cause they have a lot of friends, really gay cause u don't have to be good for your friends to like you.

That's actually not that impressive. Its all about lowering your standards, something some people have no problem with. Also, a lot of people get kind of big cause they have a lot of friends, really gay cause u don't have to be good for your friends to like you.

I cant believe i forgot about this one:

This was a few people in my crew back in highschool. They were all four years or so older than me and out of highschool. It was sick when they opened for Method Man at the fillmore. THey were also all flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39ok0v--Sk

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1215764

I was in band class/neighbors/still good friends with the drummer of this band. Gay ass music, but they pull females and his parties are full of drunken young sluts.

A person in this band is in the crew and these dudes should/will blow up soon. I enjoy going to their shows a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/handsofgabriel

damn i like that second band a lot