Bacon turned into scrambled eggs over a parking space

UPS!

BALTIMORE — An off-duty Baltimore police detective who was out celebrating his birthday was killed Saturday night in a dispute over a parking space, authorities said.

Detective Brian Stevenson, an 18-year veteran with the department, would have turned 38 on Sunday, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL'-mee) said. Stevenson was out celebrating with a friend after 10 p.m. in the southeastern part of the city when it happened.

"The preliminary investigation revealed an altercation took place over a parking place," Guglielmi said. As the dispute escalated, he said, "A suspect pulled a rock or large piece of concrete from the ground and struck the officer with it."

Stevenson sustained head trauma and died later that night at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.

The suspects were described only as a man and a woman.

"Once they struck the officer they fled," the spokesman said.

Guglielmi said witnesses led investigators to "people of interest" who were taken into custody.

"They are being interrogated right now by homicide detectives," he said early Sunday. "We are optimistic that an arrest is going to be forthcoming."

He declined to say how many were taken into custody.

The attack happened in what Guglielmi described as "a very safe part of town." He said he lacked the words "to describe how heinous this act of violence is for something as truly petty as a parking space."

Stevenson, who was married and had children, was assigned to a detective unit that investigates crimes such as shootings, assaults and robberies, Guglielmi said.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i love how that because its a cop its makes national news and shit.when that 2 year old girl got shot in the face a few years back it barely made local news.whats more important to me? a toddler getting shot in the face or a cop who got fucked up over some dumb shit.both are senseless and were unnecessary but somehow the cop gets more respect..its bullshit.dudes a grown ass man who made the decision to get into a fight over some petty shit.the little girl was just standing at the screen door.who should i feel bad for?

I wouldnt be suprised if he did pull some shit like waving his badge around after trying to steal the space from someone who had been waiting.

Regardless, killing someone over something like a parking spot may seem hood/gully to some, but to me its just someone whose a chicken shit mother fucker.

I have also seen many a situation were lawmen have tried to use their job to pull a fast one on people, and thankfully many a time it has failed as well.

saw this on the news earlier..

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/ny-police-shoot-and-kill-easton-student-25-ncx-20101017

NY police shoot and kill Easton student

BOSTON - Police shot and killed a Pace University varsity football player early Sunday morning as the student athlete tried to drive away from a noisy New York bar brawl at a popular campus hangout -- and plowed into two cops, authorities said.

Danroy Henry, a varsity defensive football player and junior at the university’s Westchester County campus north of New York City -- was shot around 1:19am outside Finnegan’s Grill located in an enclave in Mount Pleasant, N.Y.

Henry was at the wheel of his car with a passenger when cops flooded into the Town Center at Thornwood, shopping plaza -- responding to a chaotic brawl that had spilled out into the front of the bar, cops said.

When an officer from Mount Pleasant knocked on the driver’s side window, Henry suddenly gunned his accelerator -- plowing into a cop from nearby Pleasantville.

"With the Pleasantville officer clinging to the hood of the car, [the car] continued to accelerate; the Pleasantville officer then fired at the driver," a statement from Mount Pleasant police said.

"The suspect vehicle continued ... heading directly toward another Mount Pleasant officer, who also fired at the vehicle. The vehicle then struck a parked Mount Pleasant police car coming to a stop."

Both Henry and his passenger were rushed to Westchester Medical Center, where Henry was pronounced dead. The passenger had only a "minor gunshot wound," the statement said.

Two officers were treated for injuries, including broken bones, and two others for trauma, authorities said....

this story says only the officer on the hood shot at him, and that 2 other officers were struck by this kids car while dude was on the hood..

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12002505108026/north-easton-mass-native-shot-dies-in-ny/

....the cop must not have been "clinging on the hood" too hard cause he had the ability to unholster his gun and let off some rounds, and how did a cop go from knocking on the window of a nearby car, to being on the hood? and if this dude was clinging for his life on the hood like the story makes it seem, why would another cop, who had a car coming "directly at him" remember, open fire head on into a car where there was a cop on the hood..

some fishy shit.. and news reports are telling dif. stories, and witnesses are disagreeing with the cops stories from what i understand.

edit: USA TODAY says the cop who knocked on his window jumped in front of the car when the kid took off, therefore ending up on the hood, not as the other stories are saying how the the kid "plowed" into an officer..

double edit: dudes car doesnt really have the damage a wreckless driving car would have if he was plowing into police vehicles, it actually kinda looks like a car struck him judging by the way his tire is bent.

"minor gunshot wound," the statement said.

How the fuck do you have a minor gunshot wound? Obviously whoever said this wasnt the one who got shot.

maybe if it just grazed him? or hit his arm or something? either way a gunshot is a gunshot. kid just got lucky.

that whole story is fishy shit, seems to me like a cop made a very bad judgement call and they just bought some time by giving different versions to reporters.. to get a story down and try and save his ass for something he shouldnt have done.

If you've ever seen off duty cops road rage over dumb shit or wave their badge around to get over during personal disputes this wouldn't be surprising.

I guess he got cocky with the wrong person while out birthday drunk driving.

this.

sounds like drunk birthday pig was drunk and felt even more entitled than usual.

i'd bet big money he started the physical aspect of the fight and got his shit bashed by someone just trying to defend themselves against someone larger and better trained than them