The Art of the Steal

earl broclo ESQ

art-of-the-steal-poster.jpg

This is playing on Showtime now. I highly recommend watching it if you hate how money and power is involved in the art world. I knew nothing about the foundation or Albert C. Barnes before watching the film, but it gave me a new respect for the guy.

Albert C. Barnes:

photo_04_hires.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_C._Barnes

The guy made millions and collected impressionistic paintings from legends. He eventually built a foundation and turned it into an educational device, opposed to what museums and galleries were in the 50's. So he snubbed his noses at all the elite of Philly, and rarely opened his collection up to the public. One of the quotes in the documentary is that millionaires and politicians would call to schedule a viewing, and he'd say no. BUT, if a plumber from New York wanted to check it out he'd say yes. Any rich mother fucker with those standards and morals is cool in my book.

Watch the documentary though. They cover the history of the foundation and up until the present shit show that is going on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...