Transferring Files from an ipod to PC

Reuben Kinkaid

I still use a first generation ipod that's on it's last legs and I'm terrified that if I don't save the files from it soon it will die on me and I'll lose everything. The majority of the songs were in my iTunes library on an old computer so there would be thousands upon thousands of songs that would be lost forever. Can any of you recommend a program that will take the files from my ipod and save them on to my PC?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when my friend sold me his ipod shuffle back in the day, it was filled with hip hop and punk music.....i wanted to keep the hip hop, but delete the punk.

so i googled this program that moves music from ipod to pc, but i forgot what the program was called....but just google moving music from ipod to pc and find the trial version of the program at a reliable website like download.com.

This is pretty simple. Ive done it a couple times without any program help.

Connect your ipod, and on Itunes there should be an option where you can 'enable disk use'. So once its applied, click the start button and go to 'computer'. Your Ipod should show up.

click on it, and around the top there should be something that says 'organize' Click on it and some more options should drop down. Click on 'Folder and search options'

And click on the 'View' tab once a new window pops up.

Look through the list and check the option that says 'show hidden files, folders, and drives'

Press ok and a new folder named 'Ipod_control' Should show up.

Click on it and there should be a folder that says music. Just copy and save all of it to your computer. Even though the folders and songs might have 3-4 letter names, Once you upload them to your new itunes or whatever It should have the original names.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

fuck apple. fuck r.i.m, fuck microsoft too, every piece of technology has fucked up on me and sucks brilliantly, in various ways.

im going to get a pager, go on usenet, and only use linux, and probably break out my schockwave discman.

hope you get the songs fixed. cause i just lost 4,000 of them on my last back up/transfer

yay!