Effingham deputies call feds after arresting Russians with shovel, wire cutters outside Ge

lord_casek

http://savannahnow.com/effingham-now/2010-09-09/effingham-deputies-call-feds-after-arresting-russians-shovel-wire-cutters

By DeAnn Komanecky

SPRINGFIELD — Effingham County sheriff deputies have reported the early Sunday morning arrest of three men to the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force.

The men, two from Russia and one from Kazakhstan, were found near Georgia Power’s Plant McIntosh on Old Augusta Road about 1 a.m. Sunday after a ranger with the Department of Natural Resources reported a suspicious vehicle, Effingham County sheriff’s spokesman David Ehsanipoor said.

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, had a machete, shovel, wire cutters and ski masks. One man also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket.

Arrested were Evgeniy Luzhetskiy, of Kazakhastan Nail Idiatullin and Rustem Ibragimov of Russia. All three reported they lived in Charleston, S.C., deputies reported.

The men were all charged with possession of tools during the commission of a crime.

The three were released after being interviewed by task force members, Ehsanipoor said.

"They did all have visas that allowed them to be here and are supposed to be leaving the country soon."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Effingham deputies call feds after arresting Russians with shovel, wire cutters outsid

The best part about this article is it reminds you that Kazakhastan really does exist.

If they were actually planning on breaking in I really doubt it was for terrorism purposes.

I mean, what are they going to do, steal electricity and make energon cubes to bring megatron back to life?

Re: Effingham deputies call feds after arresting Russians with shovel, wire cutters outsid

The best part about this article is it reminds you that Kazakhastan really does exist.

If they were actually planning on breaking in I really doubt it was for terrorism purposes.

I mean, what are they going to do, steal electricity and make energon cubes to bring megatron back to life?

Dry run? I think the most shocking, and apparently most overlooked part is that these guys were let go.

What I find most shocking is the same thing, they were actually considered innocent until proven guilty.

If I were to speculate on their worst intentions myself, I'd guess it was more burglary than anything.

What I find most shocking is the same thing, they were actually considered innocent until proven guilty.

If I were to speculate on their worst intentions myself, I'd guess it was more burglary than anything.

Possession of burglary tools is usually illegal. I'm sure if you look up SC's laws, it will

be shown to be illegal. Also conspicuous that they are Russians. That wouldn't be very

upsetting pre 9/11, but I guarantee that if you or I were caught around a power plant of

any type with the same tools we would be booked and hailed as homegrown terrorists.

It's ok, though. They were scheduled to leave the country in a few days...right?

Let go..

Im sure they have a couple of guardian angles watching over them wearing FBI jackets, sitting in the back of a van.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, as well. We can only hope that's the case.