SO I NEED HELP CHOOSING A FONT....

Crocodile Tears

SO...  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

....FOR A BAD ASS GANG.

I'm making a few shirts for some friends and i needed help picking out a font, i went through about 6000 different fonts, and I'm totally up in the air about what i like, so i want to narrow it down more to give them choices. Nothing really jumped out at me but I did manage to trim the fat to these.

Next step call on oontz for support/abuse. more advice.

Feel free to pick one and quote it, or add one thats not one here.

I actually picked out 58 but i reduced it to these 20 for the thread.

BITEWISE2.png

SleepyHollow.png

SFSportsNightAltUpright.png

ReynoldsChanceryDeux.png

Porkys.png

OneFellSwoop.png

LinearBeam.png

PhoenixScriptFLF-1.png

PocketCalculator.png

ucznik1303.png

Newtown.png

IkarusdemoBUS.png

FLWScript.png

DigitalStripBB-Italic.png

FountainPenFrenzy.png

D3RoadsterismLong.png

DigitalSurf.png

BreezedCaps.png

Caeldera.png

AdineKirnberg.png

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ucznik1303.png

To me this seems to fit the word itself best, hard to judge which would be best without a background on what it's for though.

The trick to it is manually spacing the gaps between letters or "kerning" them to find the best balance between the weights of negative and positive space.

For instance, in the example above the gap between the A and B is too big and they should be closer.

Also, I'd take at least one letter and change it just enough to make it unique, and almost impossible to match the font exactly without directly stealing that changed letter.

I was going to probably lay it across the top of the back with a crank set gear variation under it taking over the entire center upper and lower half, on dark navy background, plain white or turquoise if on a black shirt, gear always remaining white.

I agree on the spacing between the A and the B, actually i would play with the spacing more on a lot of the other font combos, its for some inside shit, but really just something these kids would appreciate.

thank merce

Disclaimer: i do feel like the graphic t has died a slow death, but this is one-them-thangs