Floor painting

uncanny

Hi! I have a task to paint linoleum floor in the office. Probably will use combination of spray and paint. The question I have is about protection. Upon finishing painting should I put some layer of protection over it in case of damaging the work I did by pulling the chairs and walking on it? If do, what should I use as paint protection?

Thanx in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Clear gloss acrylic for a top coat.

But not the kind you paint on, get the spray, make sure you don't use a respirator or it'll fuck it all up.

Use immediately after finishing while paint is still wet.

what if i can't use it immediately after painting? because it won't be just monocoloring, but some drawing and i will do it in phases probably

For christs sake. Just use a low cost spray on polyurethane clear coat. After your done and the paint is dried. put on 3 or more light coatings. Only apply a new coat after each coating has dried for a half hour with fans blowing on it. Preferably in a dust free warm room. Remember after at least a half hour dry time between each layer. The more you apply the less likly it will get damaged from foot traffic.

You could have googled your question and founds and answer alot faster.

Edit to add. Now that you know. Please fuck off and let this hread do what it should have from the start. DIE.

For christs sake. Just use a low cost spray on polyurethane clear coat. After your done and the paint is dried. put on 3 or more light coatings. Only apply a new coat after each coating has dried for a half hour with fans blowing on it. Preferably in a dust free warm room. Remember after at least a half hour dry time between each layer. The more you apply the less likly it will get damaged from foot traffic.

You could have googled your question and founds and answer alot faster.

Edit to add. Now that you know. Please fuck off and let this hread do what it should have from the start. DIE.

go fuck off yourself... u r just like those guys from high fidelity, bitter and criticizing others, get a life...scumbag

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What do you think of the strapless wedding dress phenomenon

Q:What do you think of the strapless wedding dress phenomenonWhat do you think of this trend? Do you prefer strapless dresses? Do you think the straplessness takes away from the class and distinction your wedding dress is meant to invoke?A:Don't worry about trends, just find what looks good on you. White dresses is a white dress. They'll have different dresses in stores. I wasn't very excited about the idea of a strapless dress either, because I usually look bad in them, but when I tried different ones at the store, strapless looked the best. The dresses have corset bones so they give you a nice elegant look. Don't get set on a dress in a magazine, get some general ideas, then go to a couple of stores and try different things to see how you look.If you want to know more. you can visit cheap and beautiful wedding dresses

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

your best bet is to google this and use your common sense, you can also ask your local hard ware and art stores and they will give you a variety of options. (use your own judgement what will work best for your job).

it sounds like you havent commissioned much work before. after you've done it a bit you'll realise there are some things you should either simply say no to, or tell the commissioner its not practical. Often they don't know about painting, you do (or atleast youre meant to).

You can also google 'how to commission art work' and you may learn something from this.

I've had people ask me to do all kinds of weird stuff, from painting ceilings (like the sisteen chapple...give me a break) to doing large fonts on rough brick with charcoal. You just politely explain that , that won't work well and suggest something else. This sounds like one of those. But good luck.

mm also you sound like a kid, sorry if i'm mistaken. whatever you do, practice trying to finish your work at a high quality ok? tape off the edges connecting to the walls so you dont get paint where it's not meant to be. When you put whatever kind of protective coating down, take care to minimise any dust or other shit that might get stuck in it. Pay attention to detail.

if you aim to finish things well rather than make a mess you'll feel more satisfied with whatever you do and you'll be more likely to get another job from this one.

that high fidelity insult was so ridiculous im thinking about making it my signature :)