Absinthe

FREIGHTYONE

Yes, for real.

Never had it. I, along with three good friends, one of whom is getting married, all turn thirty in January, and I'm thinking this will be a good investment for the bachelor/birthday party that month.

So I want the real deal. I know there is websites that I can order from abroad that provide the real deal, so hook me up with the info. PM if necessary.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My old boss swears he gets it at a local store. I find it hard to believe because to the best of my knowledge it's illegal in the states. There is shit you can buy in the US, but it's all just licorice flavored vodka.

This is what I fuck with

561_0.jpg

This is how I do

osb9ko.jpg

Don't fuck with Lucid or Pernod. It's just licorice alcohol. look around teh interwebs and order the real thing.

OK, that's great dude.

Have you ordered from there personally? Experiences with said website?

I know how to google shit, I'm looking for specific feedback from people who've ordered shit personally from these websites before I drop a hundy on some foreign liquor that turns out to be cheap Ukrainian vodka or whatever.

Yes, for real.

Never had it. I, along with three good friends, one of whom is getting married, all turn thirty in January, and I'm thinking this will be a good investment for the bachelor/birthday party that month.

So I want the real deal. I know there is websites that I can order from abroad that provide the real deal, so hook me up with the info. PM if necessary.

drink whiskey, eat mushrooms.

desired effect without the shitty taste.

absinthe is something 18 yr old american kids read about on erowid and order out of the back of a high times magazine. shits weak nigguh

alright, let me start this off by saying that i've never had absinthe, but i sure would like to. from what i've gathered the shit everyone is looking for are high levels of thujone, which like thc to marijauna, it is to wormood. the US does not allow a thujone level over 10mg, which means what you get here is weak. in europe the highest allowed amount is 35mg which can be found in Germany.

what seems to me like the real deal is this:

http://www.centuryabsinthe.com/

a whopping 100mg. now, if you blow 170 dollars plus shipping on it, be expecting that US customs might confiscate it.

good luck

I make my own and drink a fair bit of it.

What you want to look for is a verde style, the clear/white Absinthe is generally beginners stuff and really does have an overwhelming aniseed taste/flavour.

When drinking the green fairy, it is quite important to serve it correctly. Have yourself a glass with a slotted spoon as pictured above with absinthe already in the glass a good 60ML into a standard glass like above is the norm, put a small lump of sugar on top of that, it should always be French sugar cubes ordered as 'A La Perruche', from there the ideal method of dissolving is to use an Absinthe fountain, which is like a glass jug with taps on the bottom. You fill the fountain with ice and water, never fill an Absinthe fountain w/ Absinthe, it looks a bit amateur.

You can simulate this by just dripping ice water over the sugar into the glass. This causes the absinthe to louche into an opalescent version of its former self. Only when the separation of oil on the top of the drink becomes one solid cloudy throughout the glass is it ready to be drunk, from there, add water for as wussy as you are.

Water to Absinthe ratio should be 2:1 up to 4:1 - never any more. 2:1 should be quite bitey in alcohol, this is how I drink it.

That being said, the hallucinogenic idea comes from the Thujone content in the Absinthe, if you are looking for something with a large concentration, upward of 15mg/L then you would be looking for Absinthe Bitters, not just Absinthe. You would need to have drunk a few litres of it to be getting any kind of psychedelic reaction though... People that claim to have 'tripped out' on Absinthe are basically full of shit or placebo'd up so hard they'd go to rave on Panadol if you told 'em it were an eccy.

If that was too long, don't read it.