video cameras..

Pfffffffffft

I'm not sure about the photo quality but the video is def going to be way better and 100x less shakey.

Plus megapixels tend to get alot of attention but it isn't actually all that important if the shot is poor quality to begin with.

Also, file/automate/photostitch takes 2 seconds to do in photoshop, not a great feature for anyone with photoshop.

Not sure why the lard ass in that video said it takes weeks, and you could see how janky his photostitch came out of the telescope.

Peep the rail next to it also, kinda fucked.

Screenshot2010-10-24at15228PM.png

I'm not too impressed with most sony digi cams, cannon pocket cameras can do the same shit but have much higher quality shots.

Alot of the features mentioned in that video are gimmicky and misleading, like stating the new sensor is "a cmos", almost all non cameraphone sensors are cmos.

You can set up manual settings in just about any pocket camera and I'd rather let photoshop autostitch my shots than some little camera that will fuck it up in alot of situations.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Taking pictures of objects are easy to stitch in CS. But if you go and take pictures of people, like in the video, stitching wont be easy. Sony made it seem flawless, that is able to keep people organized and within their proportions. Maybe that is what he meant by "it takes weeks" in photoshop, but it doesnt.

Photoshop VS Camera, camera is quicker and ready to go. Photoshop takes a few moments. Taking pics off camera, putting them to Photoshop, then stitching.

I know how to do this....

How-to-clone-yourself-in-Photoshop.jpg

i dont think its called stitching, but it does involve the same process.

The in camera stitching cannot do that nor can photoshop automation reliably yet.

As far as that feature being convenient I hear you, I just think photoshop and a real processor in a computer will do a better job than a point and shoot.

It's like you can unscrew something using a butter knife, sometimes it's going to be OK but sometimes it's not.

They have a superior tool for that that may take a minute to grab, but at least it wont strip the screw.

Besides, I'm pretty sure almost all photo's are going to be resized in PS anyway, so clicking file/automate/photostitch is not really all that big a deal.

Plus the main point I was making was the video quality, the hero is way ahead of the game.