Technology Traps.

Crocodile Tears

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's more interesting that money has become an intangible idea.

Like first it was barter, than someone decided gold/silver would make things easier.

Gold and silver are pretty much worthless metals other than for jewelry or trade.

Then they decided to make pieces of paper that could be cashed in for gold/silver.

Someone can just write a check, essentially making a worthless piece of paper any value, all based on faith.

Then money could no longer be cashed in for anything like gold and silver, it's purely philosophical in it's worth.

That brings us to electronic banking, electrons on a hard drive in some banks server is what most people use now.

Like the shit doesn't really exist at all now, people let you swipe a piece of worthless plastic and give you goods and services.

Or through direct deposit and online bill pay it never actually exists, it's all electrons basically.

That shit is pretty crazy to me that someone might be in a mansion with servants, or out sleeping on the street, based on the sequence of a few electrons on servers.

this has always fascinated me...

• 3 months later...