REST IN PEACE PREACH. AE. MDR. ITK.

RockTheCasbah

flicks0222.jpg

This was from earlier in the day that same day... the first spot he did at some tunnel spot he had that he loved. We were eating chinese food, and I was begging him to front me some pills... he just kept laughing and wouldn't talk about anything except painting more spots. The more i'd talk about drugs, the more he'd talk about bombing. The billboard in the middle was unforgettable. That night... PREACH, HOTBOY, MAYHEM and Myself were painting some spots and saw a billboard off of I-25 that we decided we were going to hit... we ended up parking and walking to the spot... we climbed up the building ant got onto the billboard which was on top of the roof... we didn't hear the cops that rolled up on the street underneath us. they must have just sat there waiting for us to finish so they could pop us and link us to our names... the second we finished and were packing up our cans getting ready to climb down, the cops hit us with the searchlight and we all bolted. I vividly remember preach, mayhem and myself jumping off the billboard onto the roof underneath and then dropping onto the ground below and running to a barbed wire fence which backed up to to some train tracks and industrial areas... hotboy was unlucky enough to fall directly through the roof as he jumped off the billboard... the fucking roof caved in and he fell through to the ground floor where he was trapped and locked in. the cops let out the k-9s on us and I remember hotboy kicking the door, which was chained and breaking it open, you could hear all kinds of huge ass oxygen tanks falling over and clanging loud as fuck because he fell through the roof into some compressed tank storage unit...he made it out and ran to meet us where we were waiting for him. *one thing about preach... if you were crew with him... he would NOT leave you behind to get arrested. he'd wait, or go back and fight whoever was trying to stop you. this night, I think preach actually ended up bearmacing the k-9 unit that came flying towards us and we ended up getting away...I can't even count the numerous times that preach bearmaced police dogs. The very last flick on this trio was from the previous night where PREACH and i were popping lortabs and in the snow... i remember we had to walk a ridiculous distance just to get this spot... i did the AE, while he got a better more visible spot right next to it on a dumpster facing the freeway.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flicks0230.jpg

hahaha... i remember preach gave me so much shit (or *chit as one of his favorite rappers, chingo bling would say) about this 8bit that I painted... he was embarrassed about the AE being painted in that style. we were battling sws at the time, and preach got pissed telling me that my shit looked too fruity and happy to be in AE. it took him a while to warm up to mine and hotboy's styles... and i think he secretly always hated them, because when it boiled down to it, and without getting into any discussion about styles... PREACH was a fucking THUG. POINT BLANK. His graffiti fit his personality so perfectly. he didn't paint his style because it was what everyone was into, and when everyone jumped on the simple bubble-letter and basic oldschool styles, PREACH refused to budge. he was PREACH. and that was that.

A TRUE DENVER LEGEND.

Will get some pictures up here asap, just want to let everyone know that preach spent his last night throwing down a live wall for an art show surrounded by people he loved. It was the most clear eyed, happy and relaxed I have ever seen him be. He knew what loyalty was and set the bar for it. It hasn't even begun to sink in.

SPEED AE

WOW... I cant begin to put into words the amount of love this man (MY BROTHER) has shown me over the years... I was a little dude in 97 trying to be down, PREACH IS THE REASON I have a tattoo shop, THE REASON i have stayed with music and seen success.. THE REASON I BELIEVED I CAN DO ANYTHING IN LIFE THAT I WANT!!! A BROTHER, BOOSTER, GANGSTER, SLICK BAD ASS MOTHERFUCKER! He gave me my name (SPEED AE) when i was 11 and taught me everything about LOYALTY, FAMILY FIRST and how to SURVIVE IN EVERY SITUATION!!! He has been there through thick and thin with a word of advice for anything i might be going through. the most stubborn dude i ever knew that could sell sand at the beach! A HUSTLER. He was larger than life and THE BACKBONE of his family and KREW.. We've had ups and downs but REMAINED BROTHERS.

I was in his Bedroom with family today and reminicing and telling stories and it felt like he was there with us..

I would share stories with yall, but there are simply too many... So heres a list of words that come to mind when i think of my BROTHER KING PREACH AE MOBB MDR

I-25, Boulder walls, , DEF CREW, 333, surplus store, flatirons, lizzy bags, fiskars, michaels to walmart, FREE YESKO, San Diego with B4 and MDR, CHURCH, HIP HOP SHOWS, HOLLYWOOD VIDEO RUNOUTS, Guns, MONEY, Do it like this Speed... Not like that, trust me, nah if you buy em 2 for 5 sell em for 5 each and double up. "STICK WITH MUSIC, KEEP GOING!" "Speed Im gonna come "work at your shop", Paystubs, SPEED ROCKOE, YESKOE, PAYOE, ONIST, OMY, KOZE, The West Side, Commerce city house brawl started by Yesko, breaking a bottle on the wall causing the lights to flicker, accidentlly puching the homie, SLUTS KREW, LIFE KREW, Did i mention GUNS, BEAR MACE, FUCK THEM ITS PAYBACK TIME, Punking the Legal wall fags in 01, SHIFTYS, PREACH BREAK DANCING, THE GROCERY GETTER, FOOD SCAMS, FREE FOOD FOR LIFE, "SPEED YOU NEED YOUR WIFE WHO ELSE WILL PUT UP WITH YOUR SHIT, SHE LOVES YOU TOO MUCH" No officer Repent is my dead homie, Youll NEVER get caught if you pay attention to what youre doing out here. Let him sweat it out he will apologize tomorrow, but leave it alone...

AND PREACHES LAST WORDS TO ME:

"IM SO PROUD OF YOU SPEED, YOU DID IT, I TOLD YOU YOU WERE A DOPE EMCEE, I FUCKING TOLD YOU. TAKE ME ON TOUR, ILL BE YOUR SECURITY, CARRY LUGGAGE, WHATEVER, COME STOP BY THE SHOP LATER"

MY MUFUCKIN BROTHER BIG BAD PREACH AE MOBB, MDR

Cant Cry enough tears to express what you meant to me Big BRO!

Preach....truly one amazing soul! I have never meet anyone with as much heart & as loyal as you....still don't understand why it was your time to go, days are so diff not being able to pick up the phone and call you. I can definetly say that you are and were ONE OF A KIND! Rest in peace friend

I posted a video of Preach bombing the streets of Denver... R.I.P G http://www.BoxStateMusic.com

Fuck. Thank you so much for posting that. I miss my main man PREACH so much. I am still in shock that he's gone. If you can re-edit that to the song curtis187 by 50cent, you should because it was one of his favorite songs to listen to while out bombing.

damn homie cant belive ur really gone.its not preach or repent im missing there be here forever its chris i miss.i could still remeber the first shoping spree i took u 2.. shet was fun since. but it not that i miss.its the litte things picking me up chilling at the pad with the little homies watching flicks drawing,chatting about graff, talking shit or just relaxing.. fools be on the floor with blankets just chillen like a family for years.getting pissed at me for eating ur left overs in the morning! and i would always blame osoe!ha..i miss the mornings at the pad..i miss having a friend that knew me better then anyone that could always cheer me up..or every sunday was family nite at ur parents house and it didnt matter who was wit us they were going with us for a evening of watching one our fav boxsets and dinner and drinks with the family every sunday.i miss my family...payo aemob

WOW i cant believe how many heads are dropping. Kicked it with Preach Koze and a bunch of other denver heads in LA and SanDiego. Those dudes were so young and hungry for writing shit! Dam those early 2000's T K O were off the chain. I think i got some good video footage of Preach and us kicking it. R I P homie.

Tonight is the benefit! The Wash on 81st and Washington at 7 p.m. till midnight. Get out there, get everyone you know out there, get fools you don't even know there. Support his family and help take care of this insane bill they are facing. We have rallied together to raise money to get family out here, pay for other shit that needs to be paid for, we NEED YOUR HELP! SERVICES: The Viewing will be Sunday from 5-8 p.m. on 121st and Grant at the funeral home. The Funeral is Monday at Crossroads Baptist Church on 104th and Huron at 1:30 p.m. I fucking miss you P. You were more loved than I think you know.

I JUST WANTED TO AGAIN SAY HOW HONORED I AM TO HAVE NOT ONLY KNOWN PREACH, BUT TO BE LIKE FAMILY WITH HIM AND THE REST OF THE AE MOBB. YOU GUYS CAME THROUGH IN A CLUTCH AND GOT ME OUT THERE FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND OF PREACH. IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE AND TO HANG OUT WITH AND PAINT WITH THE CREW. SOMEONE NEEDS TO POST FLICKS FROM LAST NIGHT. AND WHOEVER HAS FLICKS FROM THE FUNDRAISER NEEDS TO SHOOT EM OVER TO ME ON FACEBOOK. SHIT... THIS WEEKEND WAS SOLID.

AEON.AEMOBB.

Time to post up.....The first ones of these are from wayyyyyy back when I was first getting into all this mayhem....Driving the highway once a week, you were guaranteed to see something new from Preach and that shit always got me pumped. Crazy hollows in spots where a tag would have been deserved props, heated fill-ins in even crazier spots, and style was always on point. How this dude rocked some much shit, so rad, and in the spots he did still amazes me....RIP Preach, not forgotten at all homie

These Circa 2002

preacher.jpg.2d4644d58bd8e3d3609653500b896218.jpg

preachhollow2.jpg.f5ac3d52d07a3288f430d3aab6c9b56c.jpg

preachhollow.jpg.00ea7eb474bb4202d8741664520ccfc9.jpg

preach-kozeroof.jpg.e618741eea6736d1e26d549dbbe046e5.jpg

preach-kozeunfin.jpg.f1bc2dc46b0b5c0bb3064b1509f83346.jpg

repentbus.jpg.7c5a5d9a3f8176b9679bfda3321844ad.jpg

rollerpreach.jpg.999de92384f68a56daded6e7c1a96f37.jpg