Gold and Silver

eattingsnowflakes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunglasses have been part of everyone’s clothing article especially during summer season. All people are into sunglasses. There are a lot of brands to choose from and different designs that can go along well with your clothes and fashion. However, not all these are affordable sunglasses. Most branded sunglasses are very expensive. So if you are looking for affordable sunglasses you should be able to familiarize yourself with these tips and techniques on finding affordable sunglasses.

just click here ,find your fashion

gold and silver coins are a great investment.i have bought and sold thousand of dollars in gold coins in the past ten years and i buy1oz silver dollars almost every month,you will be surprised how many people have silver dollars that are pure silver and think there worth 1 dollar.my silver collection is worth alot but i believe silver will shoot up in the near future with gold staying where it is now

gold and silver coins are a great investment.i have bought and sold thousand of dollars in gold coins in the past ten years and i buy1oz silver dollars almost every month,you will be surprised how many people have silver dollars that are pure silver and think there worth 1 dollar.my silver collection is worth alot but i believe silver will shoot up in the near future with gold staying where it is now

How much and when?

• 2 weeks later...

even if you jackasses are right about the dollar (you are wrong BTW) buying gold now, just shows how little investment sense some of you have. To buy when the market is at a high does not make sense. You buy at the low and sell at the high.

How long do you all think it will be before people are selling because the price is so high? What do you think will happen when they all start selling? The price will go down like anything thing else that floods the market. Nothing has upward movement forever. Nothing. Even Gold, once you take a look at inflation, has had very low periods.

gold is irrational, what is its right price?

I remember when Gold Oz was at USD 900 and people were saying that it would never go over USD 1000.. and at every USD 100 step people are saying the same thing.. it's too high and it will soon drop but the truth is that nobody can predict what will happen, and for the time being the price continues to go up.. there are other "smart" people waiting for the price to drop to enter but again what is the right price? when to enter? it is better to buy small from time to time.

And tell me from your opinion what could lead to a gold price drop in the close to medium term, do you see any positive sign`?

I think gold will start to be sold by all those tea party types who bought gold when Glenn Beck was really pushing it two or so years ago. The people that traditionally bought gold over the years, will not sell, but the market has been flooded with new nontraditional buyers. Those commercials are not helping the value either. They see the high price and since the economy is doing bad, they will need the money. So they will start selling this coming year. When that happens, it will flood the market and the price will go down. It will not bottom out, but it will definitely go down. Buying today or in the next few months is not a good idea unless you plan on making a short run, by buying alot and selling it all when it goes up a little bit. But to do that you will need a whole lot of cash to make a sizable initial purchase.

Gold is just like any other investment. What people get confused with is that they do not see the difference between investments and the dollar, as far as gold is concerned.

From my point of view gold is not like any other investment and also you seem to have a usa centred opinion/vision. The fact is that people outside the us are buying gold on volumes way bigger than the us people and it does not look like the will soon stop.

cool, but why is it not like any other investment? It is not used as legal tender anywhere. Sure you can use it sometimes, but as a whole, it is not used as currency anywhere. To actually use it to perform any function, it has to be transferred to a currency, like the dollar or euro. If you say it is not a investment, then what would its use be if it is not a currency?

gold is irrational, what is its right price?

I remember when Gold Oz was at USD 900 and people were saying that it would never go over USD 1000.. and at every USD 100 step people are saying the same thing.. it's too high and it will soon drop but the truth is that nobody can predict what will happen, and for the time being the price continues to go up.. there are other "smart" people waiting for the price to drop to enter but again what is the right price? when to enter? it is better to buy small from time to time.

And tell me from your opinion what could lead to a gold price drop in the close to medium term, do you see any positive sign`?

only way gold is dropping in significant terms is if the govt stops spending money, stops printing money and gets its house in order.

in another words, this is not going to happen

Precious metals

Data flow continues to heighten investor concerns over a possible slowdown in the global economy, to the benefit of precious

metals. Yesterday’s US Philadelphia Fed and home sales numbers painted a darkening outlook for the US economy. Manufacturing

in the Philadelphia Federal region suffered the largest contraction since March 2009, coming in at a dismal -30.7 for

August — well below the mild 2.0 expansion analysts had expected. Existing home sales also disappointed, showing a 3.5%

m/m decrease during July (consensus: 2.7% m/m increase).

Heightening investor anxiety were reports that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York had expressed concerns over a possible

spread of the Eurozone debt problems to US financial institutions. The Fed has asked for more information regarding

whether the US units of large European banks continue to have reliable access to funds to prevent any disruption in their operations.

Gold continues to enjoy strong buying interest from ETFs, with physical demand even evident as buyers anticipate even higher

prices in the future. With the pick-up in seasonal jewellery demand still ahead of us, the potential for further upside in gold appears

most likely. Short term, we believe that gold should find support on dips and move higher — physical demand is strong

on price dips but falls away on price rallies. Our strategic view remains unchanged: we continue to believe that gold will push

higher into 2012. Tactically, we remain neutral on silver and see upside capped at $40.

Gold support is at $1,825 and $1,782. Resistance is $1,870 and $1,872. Silver support is at $41.06 and $40.12, resistance is

at $41.94 and $42.00.

As noted in today’s Focus, platinum is racing towards our target of $1,900. Tactically, we believe that upside for platinum at

$1,900 is becoming compressed. As we approach $1,900, combined with a deteriorating economic environment, the risk to

adding new longs in platinum is rising.

We believe that on a risk/return basis, return favours platinum and palladium closer to $1,700 and $700 respectively. However,

support at these levels could be eroded by a depreciating ZAR. We still target $950 for palladium, but our target may only be

reached in Q1:12.

Platinum support is at $1,851 and $1,825, resistance is at $1,876 and $1,890. Palladium support is at $742 and resistance at

$774.

By Marc Ground

• 5 weeks later...
For all you extremely poor folk out there you may want to consider hoarding copper. A good friend of mine is doing this. A 1909-1982 penny is currently 280.66% the value of its denomination because it is 95% copper.

In the event of economic collapse you would do well to have some copper, if not silver or gold.

Get it before JP Morgan and the rest of these banksters do!

Heheh, here is some info I had no idea about. Should've been collecting copper all this time, instead of focusing on precious things like gold or silver :D

Seriously, though, I wish I had some gold, you never know when it might come in handy. Sadly, I believe we've sold it all through the difficult times :)

Gold continued to make headway in yesterday’s trade, buoyed by Eurozone debt concerns and a darkening outlook for the

global economy. Italy’s sovereign downgrade and the collapse of the Slovenian government have kept Eurozone woes front of

mind. The IMF pared down its 2011 growth forecasts from 4.3% y/y (as predicted in June) to the current 4% y/y, noting a growing

lack of confidence and the emergence of further downside risks. The 2011 outlook for the US was revised down to 1.5%

y/y from the previous 2.5% y/y (also predicted in June). Added to this, a weaker dollar has seen gold make some steady gains,

lifting the rest of the precious metals complex along with it.

...So what is a fiat-money slave to do?:

Well, has anything materially changed in the outlook for currencies debasement in the coming zillion years? Read a little from BU's Laurence Kotlikoff or subscribe to John Williams Shadowstats.com for an instant primer on the disaster which has been covered up by everyone who's been benefiting from the cover up.

So, stop cryin' and start loading up the basket of silver goodies left behind by those unfortunate, scared, stupid, impetuous, lazy, distracted or drugged out to know the tsunami will eventually move from the entire world back to US shores.

And by the way, if you happen to live in Brazil and were clever enough to hold gold (silver prices will be a commin', too), gold hit a record high in Reals yesterday. What? No coverage on CNBC? So, the inflation generated by, and led by, the gang of four at the Fed, ECB, BOE and BOJ has reached the 'invincible' Brazil. A crushing 22 percent collapse in the Real since Jul. 26 spells potential civil unrest from those lagging behind its approximate $10,000 PPP national average.

Watch for a potential Brazilian Real-like crash in the Malaysian Ringgit, Thai Baht, Philippines Peso, Indonesian Rupiah and other currency escape routes out of the US Dollar. The tide has gone out fully now, and the Bernanke knows it will eventually come back to the shores of the US.

MP Nigel Farage said it well; he told KWN's Eric King, yesterday, “Yeah, we’ve had a setback, a little bit of a settling of the gold price after what was a meteoric rise. I think the worst in the financial system is yet to come, a possible cataclysm and if that happens the gold price could go (higher) to a number that we simply cannot, at this moment, even imagine. Gold is in an uptrend and professional traders should be buying the dips.”

Naturally, it's dittos for buying silver.

http://www.beaconequity.com/author/dominique-de-kevelioc-de-bailleul/