FACEBOOK IS DEAD!!!

nsmbfan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I don't mind facebook at all, nor myspace when it was popular. I use it all the time, as well as a slew of othe social media/networking sites. I will probably continue to do so in the future, and this does not bother me as I have a pretty active life IRL, as in not on the internet. I also enjoy watching TV. So fuck off.

THIS.

My Facebook was working fine when this thread was posted, but has since shit the bed. I'm gonna watch my DVR'ed shows for awhile I guess

man if you have to go to the library to get your facebook on then you have no business social networking, bum ass losers

1. there are books at the library

2.they have dvd's and cd's at the library that i can rip within 5 minutes to mp3 and avi

3.single hmong college girls

4.single mothers

5. there are books at the library

6. the connection is ridiculously fast with wifi...oh look my ps2 rpg collection from demonoid started an hour ago and only has 30 minutes left.

7. hoodrats love black guys with books

1. there are books at the library

2.they have dvd's and cd's at the library that i can rip within 5 minutes to mp3 and avi

3.single hmong college girls

4.single mothers

5. there are books at the library

6. the connection is ridiculously fast with wifi...oh look my ps2 rpg collection from demonoid started an hour ago and only has 30 minutes left.

7. hoodrats love black guys with books

i'm not talking about you homie

talking about said people losing their shit over fb being down/people who spend time at the library on fb cuz they dont has interwebz or smart fones

Check out: "Massive Facebook outage caused by improper error handling, not improper Facebook flirting as previously feared" - http://www.engadget.com http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/24/massive-facebook-outage-caused-by-improper-error-handling-not-i/?icid=engadget-iphone-url This has not been a good week for social networking. First there was that security hole on Twitter's site, and yesterday time stood still (and unsightly error messages popped up all over the web) when Facebook experienced its worst outage in four years. According to the company, the problem stemmed from an automated system that checks for invalid configuration values and replaces them with correct values from a database. A great system, to be sure -- as long as the database itself is error-free. If it isn't? Incorrect values beget incorrect values, until the database cluster enters a feedback cycle that can only be remedied by shutting down the entire site. Which is exactly what happened -- for something like two and a half hours (or the total running time of The Social Network, plus an additional 30 minutes to get some popcorn and find a seat). On the other hand, The Atlasphere -- the world's first social networking and dating site for "admirers of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged" reported zero downtime whatsoever yesterday.

Via: The Wall Street Journal

Source: Facebook

-------------------------------

This article came from the Engadget iPhone App, which features everything from the latest smartphone news, to reviews and hands-on looks at laptops, HDTVs, gaming, and more. To learn more about the app or download it go here: http://www.engadget.com/downloads/iphone

Sent from my iPhone