Want a gun

ShortFuse

So Ive been thinking about it and out of boredom I figured it be nice to have a gun to pick off targets on my property. I figured a nice .22 rifle could do the trick. I dont hunt and dont plan to. So Im just looking for something cheap and good. Im sure a lot of you guys on here have a gun or even a large collection. Someone I know mentioned to just grab a cheap Remington but just to make sure the hammer was metal. I dunno I just figured Id throw this out to the ontz and see what comes back.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. If you aren't super serious, this is a good way to go and you can pick one up for about $200. The aftermarket accesories for these are insanely plentiful also. If you want something way more powerful and even more fun, but loud, get a surplus AK or SKS. If you buy the Russian ammo, its cheaper to shoot than 9mm.

a .22 is the assassin's weapon of choice... strong enough to get into brain area, but not strong enough to pierce the skull. The bullet goes in and bounces around, scrambling brains and maybe coming back out an open orifice.

And it's super quiet and concealable.

ah thanks man, they werent responding on the soldier of fortune forum

Get one from a gun show when it's in town. Nothing special, Just get a little scope and use a vise to set it. You won't notice a difference unless you spend more than $300.

Alternatively you could get a .22 air rifle, which is a lot less hassle depending on where you live, and its quieter. Not as strong though obviously unless you get a nice one.

I got a .177 break barrel pellet gun and it shoots 1300 fps with a spread the size of a quarter at 50 yards, so it's perfect for squirrels and such.

If you really wanna blast somethin though, i'd go with the 30.30 or 30.06. I got one of each, lever action and they're really fun.