Having a meeting with the Jehovahs Witnesses

nsmbfan

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I was a witness for almost 15 years... I wasn't forced to do anything... And them coming to your house isn't them claiming to be prophets trying to "convert" you... Just trying to teach...

"ARE YOU PREPARED FOR JEHOVAHS RETURN?" - thats prophecy. they aren't God, therefore they can't prophesize a damn thing.... nahm sayin?

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 states:

“But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’ When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.”

from that same website

why would you even take your cues from Catholics to begin with? it's ok for Catholics to ex-communicate their followers who questioned things so it's ok for jehovahs witnesses to do the same?

to me it's like a perfect synonym for the U.S.A. right now. religion, as well as corporate america, wants you to be just smart enough to do the work, and not smart enough to realize that all this shit is rigged.

pic related (rip george carlin):

AlKzP.jpg

and your mum still is one... good for her.

religion is there for those that require it. wouldn't you agree?

pic related (again, carlin):

george-carlin.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ask him what the difference between eating blood and receiving a transfusion is.

Jw do not transfuse blood, they much rather allow a child/family member to die.

This is enough to get your own Jw thoughts rolling

I grew up a joho and they don't consider blood transfusion as a viable option but they don't believe in faith healing. There are other options to save a life other than blood transfusion such as a hemocirculatory machine that keeps your blood flowing through a machine and while it is a conscience matter there are more options than blood transfusion that the jw society makes known to it's members. I guess if there is no other option available they would choose death over the transfusion. All Jw's carry a card signed stating they refuse blood transfusions on their person at all time. In the case of children I think it's the parents decision but most members have made the decision on their own.

I'm not defending them I'm just saying what I've been taught since birth. I'm not one now because I hated it and refuse to believe a loving god refusing me the things I want to do(Marijuana,mushrooms,lsd...). A loving father (as jw's look at Jehovah) should support his children in what they want to do as long as they bring no harm to others.

i am a very like-able person in general.

i spread my ignorance here so it doesn't overflow day to day.

but even in my ignorance i could never foresee myself making myself get up in the morning to knock on someones door and profess that I am a prophet of God and you should be one too.

even if it came with free blow jobs from the choir girls, I'd still find it hard to actually put the effort into converting people...

THAT IS UNLESS I WAS BEING FORCED TO.... which it seems that the watchtower society does indeed, unless you want to be "disfellowshipped" (see, even spellcheck knows thats some bullshit)

its a fucking cult man.

even one of the commandments is against this shit: "thou shalt not ???????? false prophet"

LOL that made me laugh. underpants gnomes.

Two things;

1.there are no choir girls (and it's the wrong place to look for a blow job XD)

2. a cult is a group of people who follow a human but the johos follow god and pride themselves in knowing god personally through reading the bible (all the fuckin time).

• Like 1

Two things;

1.there are no choir girls (and it's the wrong place to look for a blow job XD)

2. a cult is a group of people who follow a human but the johos follow god and pride themselves in knowing god personally through reading the bible (all the fuckin time).

they pride themselves in reading their version of the bible?

that's like writing your autobiography and reading it and getting a hard on at how awesome you are.

a cult is defined as:

Definitions of cult on the Web:

* followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices

* fad: an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"

* followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader

* a religion or sect that is generally considered to be unorthodox, extremist, or false; "it was a satanic cult"

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

so since the first applies to all religions, I believe I am correct. only your cult follows their own created version of God instead of a person.

in a way, they're following the original person(s) that created your cult. they were the ones responsible for translating the new version of your bible.

no?

i don't believe in any "holy" manuscript to be divine word.

why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_relativity

Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis:

Basically says that no ONE language can be DIRECTLY TRANSLATED into another one perfectly.

As all languages are regional, and not all regions have similar traits (that's why eskimos have 20 words for snow),

not all languages will have the same words, or construe the exact same meaning from the word being translated.

That being said, the King James version of the Bible has been translated multiple times over centuries.

Even in the dark ages... when people threw shit on each other and ate their own feces (from what i'm told), they had to copy bibles by hand.

It wasn't until Johannes Gutenberg invented the first printing press that bibles were produced in mass.

So for hundreds of years you have people translating the Bible from hebrew to latin to italian to english and all languages in between, BY HAND...

not to mention that each book in the bible was written by a man. then the final king james version was cut to include only partial accounts of the story of jesus christ

they purposely left out many books (ie. enoch, for example), just like your cult does, to tell their own story.

yea im sure that "Gods Word" maintained its integrity throughout centuries of manipulation by fallible man....PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

it's all taken out of context...

it's like how jimmy kimmel always used to do on his show, that skit called "Unnecessary Censorship" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOaoMvkWDeY)

food for thought.

The great thing about faith is that it precludes- if not downright discourages- critical thinking. (That was sarcasm, BTW.)

As an empiricist I have had some difficulty squaring my belief in what some might call "Chi" or "the Force" with what I consider my rational tendencies. All I know is that it's there, I've seen it in action. I can't explain it or quantify it, but I definitely don't need a book or some outdated value system to validate why I acknowledge it.

I support everyone's right to believe in whatever they want to, worship the way they want to, and even go out there and spread the word as they see fit. I start to get nervous when they force that on me or anyone else, but it's my right (and everyone else's) to say "not interested, thanks" and walk away or close the door. I definitely support people in saying "hey, what you believe is some nutball shit, take it somewhere else" when it's called for.

My contact with JW folks is somewhat limited, I knew a couple growing up and have definitely had them come by my house but I don't really give it much thought either way. They never gave me any shit, so I do the same for them.

they pride themselves in reading their version of the bible?

that's like writing your autobiography and reading it and getting a hard on at how awesome you are.

a cult is defined as:

Definitions of cult on the Web:

* followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices

* fad: an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"

* followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader

* a religion or sect that is generally considered to be unorthodox, extremist, or false; "it was a satanic cult"

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

so since the first applies to all religions, I believe I am correct. only your cult follows their own created version of God instead of a person.

in a way, they're following the original person(s) that created your cult. they were the ones responsible for translating the new version of your bible.

no?

to those definitions you could call all religions cults if you don't believe in them. They follow a leadership organization who claim to follow the bible (god's word and will) and there are many translations of the bible but I really don't want to waste my time explaining it talk to a jw lol!

Guest Ginger Bread Man
The last time a jehovah's witnesses came to my door. I laughed in they're face and told them that they should kindly go fuck.

you need to learn proper grammar before you go around acting like a dick, dickhead.

to those definitions you could call all religions cults if you don't believe in them. They follow a leadership organization who claim to follow the bible (god's word and will) and there are many translations of the bible but I really don't want to waste my time explaining it talk to a jw lol!

if it's a waste of time for you to explain why J.W. versions of the bible are legit as opposed to any others... then why even post in my threaD? if you'd like to tackle the issue of linguistic relativity i'm all ears.

what's your god say about language translation in its holy manuscripts?

it's all a farce. you know. i know it. agree with me and i'll be done.

on the issue of faith... it's just like hope, irrational.

if my car breaks down on the side of the road, i begin walking to a gas station.

i dont sit and hope someone decides to stop and help me, because that's irrational.

i don't have faith that everything will turn ok, because i could get side swipped by a semi truck hauling down the freeway as i walk for gas.

faith in the written word of man is entirely stupid. and believing the man when he tells you God told him to write that is further insanity.

I was eating at a food court and this j.w. sat down right next to me, mid-grub. He asked me if I knew of the Lord's relentless love and compassion for me, and I kindly told him I was a devout satanist who actively practiced pagan rituals. He looked confused, but needless to say he walked away after that.

if it's a waste of time for you to explain why J.W. versions of the bible are legit as opposed to any others... then why even post in my threaD? if you'd like to tackle the issue of linguistic relativity i'm all ears.

what's your god say about language translation in its holy manuscripts?

it's all a farce. you know. i know it. agree with me and i'll be done.

Life is nothing but different views of the same picture... Agree to disagree?!? lol...

The only reason I commented on this thread was cause I had some dickhole walk up to me in a bar the other night and pretty much call me out cause my mum came by his house and is in a cult and I used to be too... I was like A) You really wanna have this convo here?!? Drunk?!? And B) You OBVIOUSLY don't know dick about what you are talking about... So don't speak...

Knowledge is power... And that dude had zero...

I'm not saying you have no knowledge of this because obviously you have done your research... But most people just go off what others say and don't bother to find out for themselves...

When you say cult you automatically think super special koolaid and Waco Texas... And that's not what the witnesses are at all...

Thinking how far we have advanced as humans I find it funny that organized religion will still accept senarios in fictitious books over scientific proof, like children with thier fingers in thier ears screaming la-la-la.

This classic somes it up best............Shit in one hand wish in the other see which one fills faster.

cheezy JW joke:

two jehovahs witnesses knock on a door. guy asks them what they want. they said they want to talk to him about something. he invites them in and they all sit down in the living room. guy asks what they want to talk about. the jehovah's witnesses guys look at each other puzzled and one says...' i dont know, we never been this far before. '

jehovahs witnesses believe that there will only be like 25000 people will be saved and get into heaven, the number is real specific but may be even lower than 25 g's but ask the dude why he goes door to door trying to make competition for his spot.

i think the number is 144,000.

that was written by john of patmos, the author of the book of revelation. i'm not sure how that made its way into the bible....like a lot of stuff in there.....

how could God punish people for not believing a religion which was written by man? He really wants us to be that gullible? what seperates Christianity from the other religions "inspired" by a deity or deities and written by man? they are all the same to me. but faith is subjective....i can't say i know what really spiritual or religious people are feeling. just don't preach to me...

My brother had a few come to his place. Not sure if it was Jehovahs because one of them was a girl. They said they wanted to talk to him and he said, oh sure I would love to talk to you, you're a really cute girl. He asked for her number and was trying to get her to go out to a bar with him. She kept spouting off about God not allowing her to drink and shit like that. He wouldn't let up with the cheesy pick-up lines until they left.

/truestorybro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...