Having a meeting with the Jehovahs Witnesses

nsmbfan

So over the last month or so, there has been an increase in the amount of visits I get from jehovahs witnesses. I am always nice to them, I go out on the porch and have a talk while they share some scripture. I like to give a salesman their chance, yanno.

But today was different. Homeboy went in for the kill. He wanted to come in and talk to me about specific bible verses and stories.

I scheduled a meeting for Saturday around noon.

Why?

Well, he gave me this book. And it gives me a chance to highlight certain parts and rebuttal everything he believes in. I will study this propaganda so I can be well armed when we meet again.

in the meantime...

does anybody have anything I should share with this guy? please, don't hold back. he wants to come in my house and talk shop with me, ima give him the what for. /nh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

Ask him to explain the difference between the words honor and worship.

Jw. Do not pay respects to the us flag.

Ask him why they have decided to erase certain scripture.

Jw bibles simply put a - Instead of certain verses.

Ask him What part of the earth will be your inheritance?

Jw believe that the meek will inherit the earth in a very literal sense.

Ask him what the difference between eating blood and receiving a transfusion is.

Jw do not transfuse blood, they much rather allow a child/family member to die.

This is enough to get your own Jw thoughts rolling

lol @ tullurian

i saw that awhile back, never got too deep into it though. he did all that out of love though, duh.

and GBM:

those are all obviously controversial. which is good for the end of the meeting, but not the start.

think: the daily show interviews, they start out semi-legit, and then the bottom falls out halfway through.

i need something relatively benign that eventually turns into him completely forsaking his entire belief system.

ok so got a little list going so far. these are the topics im going to have to bring up to him:

-dinosaurs

-ghosts

-aliens

-ninjas (which will lead into...)

-buddhists

-ufo's

-scientology

-dragons

-bigfoot

-the crusades

-pagans

-naturalistic pantheism

-drugs

-medical cannabis

-praising jah

-babylon

-secret societies

-9/11

in that order.

edit: thought of more, now that the pope is in the news

-wtf a pope?

-catholic rape

-absolving sins

-tithing

-churches not getting taxed

-everything GBM said

another edit: THIS website http://4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-facts.php

im gonna make him say the pledge of allegiance upon entering my house.

Ask him to explain the difference between the words honor and worship.

Jw. Do not pay respects to the us flag.

Ask him why they have decided to erase certain scripture.

Jw bibles simply put a - Instead of certain verses.

Ask him What part of the earth will be your inheritance?

Jw believe that the meek will inherit the earth in a very literal sense.

Ask him what the difference between eating blood and receiving a transfusion is.

Jw do not transfuse blood, they much rather allow a child/family member to die.

This is enough to get your own Jw thoughts rolling

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A) The difference between honor and worship have to do with the pledge of allegiance... J-dubs don't pledge their allegiance to anyone but God... Not even a country... Especially one as fucked up and corrupt as ours... Respect is TOTALLY different thing than allegiance... J-dubs respect the fact that they are ruled by certain governments but won't pledge their life intellectually or emotionally to it... But they won't burn a flag or deface it in an act of defiance because they respect the fact that they are under that country's control...

B)J-dubs didn't "erase" certain scriptures... The bible they use has been recognized by many scholars and religious groups as the closest thing to the original transcripts that were written in Hebrew and Arabic... Don't know what you mean by the "-" scriptures... This was even a question on Jeopardy once...

C) The meek shall inherit the earth comes from God's original plan for the earth... He put people here to populate and live... Not chill here for a few years and then die and go hang in heaven with him... If he had wanted you in heaven then why the hell didn't he put you there first?!?

D) Blood is your life force... Somewhere in that big black book it says that your soul is your blood... When one of the priests sacrificed an animal they were to pour the animal's soul (or blood) on the ground... They have mad respect for blood cause God says not to have ANYTHING to do with it... And now with modern medicinal practices it's possible to do an open heart surgery without a blood transfusion... Thanks to the J-dubs...

E) No it's not a cult... It's a highly organized, internationally recognized religion that has somewhere over 12 million members worldwide... Cults are secretive and sketchy... Witnesses are open and honest and for the most part really nice honestly good people...

How do I know this?!? Cause I used to be one... Any other ?'s feel free to ask...

holy fuck.

yes actually, tons of questions. what's a j-dub think about the following:

-dinosaurs

-ghosts

-aliens

-buddhists

-ufo's

-scientology

-dragons

-bigfoot

-the crusades

-pagans

-naturalistic pantheism

-drugs

-medical cannabis

-praising jah

-babylon

-secret societies

-9/11

and if you got time

-wtf a pope?

-catholic rape

-absolving sins

-tithing

-everything GBM said <--- you answered this one already

also, the not recognizing birthdays or holidays. so into god you cant celebrate his son? tha fuck? presents and eggs homey.

AND the obvious one....

WHY AREN'T YOU STILL A "J-DUB"??

PRIEST TOUCH YA?

holy fuck.

-dinosaurs

-ghosts

-aliens

-buddhists

-ufo's

-scientology

-dragons

-bigfoot

-the crusades

-pagans

-naturalistic pantheism

-drugs

-medical cannabis

-praising jah

-babylon

-secret societies

-9/11

and if you got time

-wtf a pope?

-catholic rape

-absolving sins

-tithing

also, the not recognizing birthdays or holidays. so into god you cant celebrate his son? tha fuck? presents and eggs homey.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Damn... Umm ok... I'll try and knock out a few of these without being all preachy I guess... lol...

1) Dinosaurs were real... End of dino discussion... (Getting deeper and more scientific the dinosaurs are what give us fossil fuels now)

2) Ghosts are supposed to be the souls or spirits of people... J-bubs believe when you die your soul dies... You have no immortal soul that exists after you to haunt anyone or anything...

3) Aliens... Who the fuck knows?!? If God can create one planet with life why couldn't he create others?!?

4) Ninja's and buddhists I can answer as one... YOU DON'T FUCK WITH EM CAUSE THEY KNOW KARATE!!!

5)UFO's see #3...

6)Scientology is a joke no matter who you are... It's a religion started by a sci-fi novelist... How much more kooky can you be?!? lol...

7) Dragons and bigfoot fit into the "urban legend" catagory...

8) The Crusades happened... Was perpetuated by what then became the Roman Catholic Church... They had that whole "If you don't serve MY God imma kill you" attitude...

9) "Pagan" is what the Jews reffered to everyone else as... All non Jewish people were pagans... It's lost alot of the meaning nowadays because people use it improperly... Like the word fuck has lost alot of its power... Used to be FUCK!!! Now not so much...

10) naturalistic pantheism <---- I don't even know what this is... So... I'm gonna pass on that one...

11) Drugs are bad... Mmmmmkay... Goes back to the "your body is a temple" thinking and drugs can lead to some fucked up things that happen to your body...

12) Medicinal weed fits into #12 I guess...

13) Babylon was a city... Now it refers to the worldwide religions...

14) Secret societies and 9/11 are really obscure topics and have nothing to do with the witnesses...

All the last ones can be answered with one short statement...

The Catholic Church is a buisness... It has been turned into a money making machine... And with money making machines comes greed and power hungry people... Which leads to fucked-up-ed-ness...

Birthdays and holidays is an easy one... A 10 year old witness can answer that one... The only accounts of birthday celebrations in the bible wern't good... Honest men were killed at both... So they just don't make a big deal about it because it wasn't like Jesus said "Hey you guys lets celebrate the day we were born!!!"

Holidays have many pagan origins...

Was Jesus born on Dec. 25th?!? No... He was born sometime in the fall... CHRISTmas was a holiday many many years before that Jesus guy came along... It was the day the ancient romans celebrated the rebirth of the sun god Nero... That's why j-bubs don't celebrate it... It's not that they don't aknowledge Jesus... It's just they focus on God through Jesus...

Damn that was alot of typing...

That got em all?!?

holy fuck.

-dinosaurs

-ghosts

-aliens

-buddhists

-ufo's

-scientology

-dragons

-bigfoot

-the crusades

-pagans

-naturalistic pantheism

-drugs

-medical cannabis

-praising jah

-babylon

-secret societies

-9/11

and if you got time

-wtf a pope?

-catholic rape

-absolving sins

-tithing

AND the obvious one....

WHY AREN'T YOU STILL A "J-DUB"??

PRIEST TOUCH YA?

lol... Well they don't have priests... But no a priest didn't fuck with me... I'm not a J-dub cause being one isn't easy... Right now my life is going in a fucked up direction and I had to walk away...

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Yo chunky, those questions were rhetorical, clearly I know the answer. Also I don't agree with your attempt at a response, However, I am not at the point where I wish to debate theology on an open forum with someone who isn't worth the time as I don't know you.

I'm happy you found a way which fulfills you.

6)Scientology is a joke no matter who you are... It's a religion started by a sci-fi novelist... How much more kooky can you be?!? lol...

THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION:

In 1950, the Watch Tower Society came out with their own translation of the Bible, the New World Translation. Jehovah’s Witnesses are told that this translation is the most accurate, unbiased translation available. The Society claims that the New World Translation Committee was made up of highly trained Greek scholars who did their best to “transmit his [God’s] thoughts and declarations as accurately as possible.”18. However, when one endeavors to check into the credentials of these translators, one finds that the Society is unwilling to release this information, stating that the Committee desires that all the glory for this translation go to Jehovah God and therefore the translators desire to remain anonymous.

On the surface, this may sound quite noble and honorable; but one may wonder, is this the real reason why they desire to remain anonymous? Over the years, further investigation has revealed who the translators of the New World Translation were, and the facts show that they were totally unqualified for the task of translation. Five of the six Watchtower Governing Body members who were on the Translation Committee had no formal training whatsoever in the Biblical languages. The fifth one, Fred Franz, (former Governing Body member and Watchtower president from 1977-1992) claimed to have some education, but in the Douglas Walsh Trial in Scotland, he gave this testimony under oath:

Tuesday, 23rd November, 1954:

Frederick William Franz, Examined:

Q. Have you also made yourself familiar with Hebrew?

A. Yes....

Q. So that you have a substantial linguistic apparatus at your command?

A. Yes, for use in my biblical work.

Q. I think you are able to read and follow the Bible in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and French?

A. Yes.

Q. It is the case, is it not, that in 1950 there was prepared and issued what is called the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures?

A. Yes....

Q. I think that it was your duty, was it not, before the issue of that New World Translation by your Society to check that translation for accuracy?

A. That is true.

Q. In light of your studies and in light of your knowledge?

A. That is true.

Q. And did you do so?

A. I did so....

Q. And was it your duty on behalf of the Society to check the translation into English from the original Hebrew of that first volume of the Old Testament Scriptures?

A. Yes....

Q. In so far as translation of the Bible itself is undertaken, are you responsible for that?

A. I have been authorised to examine a translation and determine its accuracy and recommend its acceptance in the form in which it is submitted.

Q. Are the translators members of the Editorial Committee?

A. That is a question which I, as a member of the Board of Directors, am not authorised to disclose....

Q. When did you go to the University?....

Q. Did you graduate?

A. No, I did not....

Q. Had you done any Hebrew in the course of your University work?

A. No, I had not, but in the course of my editorial work, my special research work for the president of the Society, I found it was very necessary to have knowledge of Hebrew, and so I undertook a personal study of that.

ADJOURNED

Wednesday, 24th November, 1954:

Frederick William Franz, Cross Continued:

Q. You, yourself, read and speak Hebrew, do you?

A. I do not speak Hebrew.

Q. You do not?

A. No.

Q. Can you, yourself, translate that into Hebrew?

A. Which?

Q. That fourth verse of the Second Chapter of Genesis? A. You mean here?

Q. Yes?

A. No, I won’t attempt to do that.

— Douglas Walsh Trial, Pursuer’s Proof, 1954, pp. 7-9, 88, 91-92, 102-103

This exercise which Franz was unable to do is something which the average first or second year Hebrew student could have accomplished without any difficulty. Is it any wonder the Society refuses to publicly reveal the people who were involved in the translation of their Bible? Would you put your trust in a doctor who refused to give his credentials? Yet, this is what many Jehovah’s Witnesses are doing when it comes to vital Bible truth.

your rebuttal?

synopsis for TLDR: Much like Joseph Smith and the Mormons, it appears that the organization that controls Jehovah's Witnesses, The Watchtower Society, has translated THEIR on version of the bible. And declared it more accurate, according to numb nuts above.

So not only did they bite christianity and write their own story, like the mormons, they also bit the "send out the troops" method of converting people like the mormons do (except without bikes it seems).

HOW KOOKY IS THAT???

no, HOW do you PHYSICALLY WALK AWAY from your belief system. it's in your head.

it's not a gym you just don't use your membership at because some guy stares at your balls when you do squat thrusts

the girlfriend, the friend, society - you can walk away from that, live in the mountains somewhere.

but your belief system stays in tact. or else, what you believe is garbage in the first place, and your mind can't take the prison you're placing on it, and you mentally check out.

so... you're crazy then?

so not legit.

i don't endorse that product in any way shape or form.

how can you say that? i'd argue that UN-organized crime is highly unfavorable due to its destructive nature in habitually foiling the crime being committed.

at least when it's organized, shits gets done right.

the road to Auschwitz was paved with indifference

fight for something. be like shai, go squat in a house and invite homeless to stay. do something with your life.

used to be a j-dub.

used.

to be.

a j-dub.

you were used.

into being a j-dub.

the watchtower society USES impressionable youth and willfully ignorant adults to spread their doctrine.

and then give it a cool street name like j-dub :lol:

so not legit.

i don't endorse that product in any way shape or form.

how can you say that? i'd argue that UN-organized crime is highly unfavorable due to its destructive nature in habitually foiling the crime being committed.

at least when it's organized, shits gets done right.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It get's done right so the ones doing it get theres... And the others are stepped on to climb higher... Just a different viewpoint I guess... I don't steal... Or lie for that matter... Not because I feel some greater moral obligation... Just because I'm to lazy to remember any story... So the truth is easy to remember... But I don't look down on people who do steal and shit... To each his own... It's really You do you and i'm gonna do me... I'm the nicest person you could ever meet... Untill you try to fuck with what's mine...

i am a very like-able person in general.

i spread my ignorance here so it doesn't overflow day to day.

but even in my ignorance i could never foresee myself making myself get up in the morning to knock on someones door and profess that I am a prophet of God and you should be one too.

even if it came with free blow jobs from the choir girls, I'd still find it hard to actually put the effort into converting people...

THAT IS UNLESS I WAS BEING FORCED TO.... which it seems that the watchtower society does indeed, unless you want to be "disfellowshipped" (see, even spellcheck knows thats some bullshit)

its a fucking cult man.

even one of the commandments is against this shit: "thou shalt not ???????? false prophet"

LOL that made me laugh. underpants gnomes.

i am a very like-able person in general.

i spread my ignorance here so it doesn't overflow day to day.

but even in my ignorance i could never foresee myself making myself get up in the morning to knock on someones door and profess that I am a prophet of God and you should be one too.

even if it came with free blow jobs from the choir girls, I'd still find it hard to actually put the effort into converting people...

THAT IS UNLESS I WAS BEING FORCED TO.... which it seems that the watchtower society does indeed, unless you want to be "disfellowshipped" (see, even spellcheck knows thats some bullshit)

its a fucking cult man.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I was a witness for almost 15 years... I wasn't forced to do anything... And them coming to your house isn't them claiming to be prophets trying to "convert" you... Just trying to teach... If they do claim to be they are crazy... It's just like any other religion... They have their ins and outs... Catholics used to excommunicate people they found to be unfit... Untill they saw the numbers dropping... I have no ill will towards anyone who is still a witness... My mum is still one... And it makes her happy... So rock that shit out mom...