Man claiming to have a bomb...

screaming hand logo

Man claiming to have a bomb in Watsonville bank gets talked into filling out loan paperwork, then arrested

By Jennifer Squires - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Posted: 09/09/2010 04:33:42 PM PDT

WASTONVILLE - A man was arrested Wednesday afternoon after he walked into a Watsonville bank, said he had a bomb in his backpack and demanded $2,000 so he could pay his friend's rent, police reported. But when Mark Smith, 59, allegedly tried to rob the bank, the bank manager suggested that what he actually needed to do was take out a loan, and she had him sit down while she said she was going to retrieve the loan paperwork. Instead, she called 911, according to Assistant District Attorney Dave Genochio.

"Quick-thinking staff kept the man calm and distracted him with some paperwork until we arrived," Lt. Darren Thompson said.

Officers responded to the bank, on the 700 block of East Lake Avenue, around 4:30 p.m.

Police arrested Smith, a Watsonville resident, on suspicion of attempted robbery, making criminal threats and making a false bomb report, according to Thompson.

Smith didn't have a bomb or any other weapons and no injuries were reported, Thompson added.

when in the middle of a crime dont get talked out of it. too late bro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was at my post office in Queens and the dude a couple people in front of me in line had all this shit he was about to mail in his hands along with a $100 bill ready for when he got next, but like 10 people back in the line. So this female tries to distract him by pretending she needed help filling out some form and as soon as he let his guard down she snatched his $100 out of his hand and ran out. Fucked up thing was not only did she put her real information on the form she was trying to fill out (name address), she also left it behind. By the time I got to the front of the line the cops showed up and the dude who got took and the postmaster gave them the form she started filling out. Cop looks at it and goes, "did she have this type hair and about this tall" dude goes "yea", cops like "yea, we know who this is, I've arrested myself before".

Never fill out any paperwork ever when doing crime.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

You think that jigga boo is dumb, this nigga I know gotchu bea

Duke Adams, a 62-year-old "older-era Elvis," said he was approached while in line at a pharmacy by a man offering to sell him items once owned by Elvis Presley, including jewelry, clothing and the king's revolver. Remembering the March 2004 burglary, Adams said he asked the man to stop by his business the next day.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1519229/posts

Basically, after a year and a half police have no leads then this nigga goes up to an Elvis wanna be offering the stolen goods. The dude tells him to holler at him the next day but calls the cops. Idiot shows up with the loot and asks the man if he is hiring. While he fills out job ap( this as he is trying to dump 300k in stolen goods) police show up.

This thread will now be about stupid criminals.