throwbacks

Zed_Eastwood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The book is dope, got it this week, a worthwhile addition to any collection.

funny how the book shows what happened at the end of the bombed train era in nyc - limited space leading to either ignorant or willful destruction of older, classic stuff - which is what we see on freights as of late, almost a quarter century later. That said, it has always been appropriate to cover up toy shit with quality. Its a distinction young toys have a hard time coming to grips with, you do your first half dozen pieces and think you are equal to the greats.

Also, from the book - i cant remember why i crossed that dude out back in 86? Heheh awesome to see it all again.

The book is dope, got it this week, a worthwhile addition to any collection.

funny how the book shows what happened at the end of the bombed train era in nyc - limited space leading to either ignorant or willful destruction of older, classic stuff - which is what we see on freights as of late, almost a quarter century later. That said, it has always been appropriate to cover up toy shit with quality. Its a distinction young toys have a hard time coming to grips with, you do your first half dozen pieces and think you are equal to the greats.

Also, from the book - i cant remember why i crossed that dude out back in 86? Heheh awesome to see it all again.

thanks for the support.

i remember after i was writing for a year or two and could make a straight line, i thought i was no longer a toy. later i realized being a toy has little to do with skill and more to do with style, respect, experience and etiquette. case in point, there are a boatload of kids today who can do amazing things with euro paint and fancy caps, but still lack the style, respect, experience and etiquette that defines a established writer. just my opinion tho, blah blah blah.

if your refering to page 24, funny thing i was in Brooklyn this past week and was waiting for the train at Kingston Ave. i was telling my old lady what a historic place this was not only because this is where legends like Dondi, TF5, Wolf and countless others once painted. "you should be honored to be standing here looking at these trains laid up here" i said. she didnt get it tho.

Zed - Speaking of not being equal to the greats, wolf did and continues to do his thing but does not belong in a sentence with one of the baddest individuals and one of the baddest crews to ever blaze the nyc subway system. In a list of all the people who ever saw their shit run in service, yes. And since close to everyone on that list bombed kingston, maybe i shouldnt be trying to correct you heheh

I w ill admit i get a little wistful these days when i find myself in that station, that place was a madhouse back in the day.

thanks for publishing the book!

edited for clarity

• 2 months later...