Internet piracy? How worried should i be about this?

AJAJAJ

Funny turning to a forum for a thing like this, but i really know little about this sort of thing and wondered if maybe u guys did.

A couple days ago i recieved a letter from cablevision saying that they recieved a notification from NBC Universal claiming that their work has been transmitted over the internet from my account. The letter went on to say that NBC may choose to pursue legal action against me, and if they choose to do so that cablevision will be required by law to release all my account information to them.

Ive looked around the internet a little bit and am seeing all kinds of numbers being thrown around in terms of fines...and pretty much all of them are scaring the shit out of me.

The bittorent client in question is Vuze, and the supposed file is "the inside man."

The letter didn't say that they were definitely going to pursue legal action, so im wondering, should i look for a lawyer now anyway?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know a few people that have gotten those letters for music downloading and sharing. Only one person ever had to go to court, and the charges got dropped. But he shared a LOT of music. Most people get a warning letter, and if you don't stop they up the ante to charges and court dates. All depends on the volume of sharing and downloading i suppose.

99 times out of 100 those letters are bullshit attempts to scare you into coming up outta them pockets. The RIAA and MPAA have this scam going where they outsource their "claims" process to other companies that send out these letters on their behalf. If 1 out of 100 dummies pays a couple hundo in "fines" then they're still making bank on that. But there's still a chance you that 1 in 100 nigga they wanna make an example of haha

PAA have this scam going where they outsource their "claims" process to other companies that send out these letters on their behalf. If 1 out of 100 dummies pays a couple hundo in "fines" then they're still[/color] making bank on that. But there's still a chance you that 1 in 100 nigga they wanna make an example of haha[/b]

a source:

http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/community/copyrightfairuse/851067-420/cyberexperts_fight_the_riaa.html.csp

stop using public trackers. find a way to get on a private tracker (lots of them have interviews set up for invites) i transfer a stupid amount of data a month both upload and download and nothing happens to me. why? private trackers.

THIS

also demonoid isn't a private tracker... it's filled with viruses and music/videos that are linked to the companies.. so try to get a private tracker invite.. and no i won't invite u

I would consult with sexy-kitty-tubtimes.jpg......

wtf_pictures-sexy-kitty-tubtimes.jpg?w=500&h=364