Crossfire humoUr

christo-f

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANGELA MERKEL

Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)

Reason for fear: As a child, Chancellor Merkel was bitten by a dog, instilling her deep fear of canines. Merkel's fear is well known, and perhaps worryingly for Germans has reportedly been used against her by foreign leaders. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, a master of psychological diplomacy, has repeatedly attempted to take advantage of Merkel's fear. In 2006, the then-president perplexed German diplomats by presenting the chancellor with a small dog as a gift and made a habit of having his black Labrador, Koni, sit in on their meetings. Putin's successor, Dmitry Medvedev, has put a stop to the practice.

C302CEAC-347D-4F31-B9EF-0BC031EB57F7_mw800_mh600.jpg

put1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A Pole walking along the road happens to spy a lamp. He picks it up, and as it is covered in rust he gives it quick rub. Out comes a genie.

"I'm the genie of the lamp and I can grant you three wishes," the genie says.

"OK," says the Pole. "I want the Chinese Army to invade Poland." Odd choice, the genie thinks, but nevertheless he grants the wish, and the Chinese Army comes all the way from China, invades, and goes back home.

"Right, second wish. Maybe something more positive," says the genie.

"No," replies the Pole, "I want the Chinese Army to invade again." So the Chinese come all the way from China, lay waste to more of Poland, and then go home.

"Listen," says the genie. "You have one last wish. I can make Poland the most beautiful and prosperous place on earth."

"If you don't mind, I want the Chinese army to invade one more time." So the Chinese army comes again, destroys what's left of Poland, and then goes home for the last time.

"I don't understand," says the genie. "Why did you want the Chinese army to invade Poland three times?"

"Well," replies the Pole, "they had to go through Russia six times."

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I figured I wasn't reading enough news when I didn't get that comic, more so because I don't get the bit about it snowing in Denmark..... Going to guess that as the Koreas were lobbing shells at each other a mainstream Danish news outlet was reporting the first snow of the season, maybe...?