Help Me Out ! Need Advice !

TechRGK

Hey ya'll,

i come from Melburn Australia, and just recently me and 2 of my crew members were sitting in a bus stop minding our own business waiting for a bus. Then these two bike cops roll up, and say to one of my boys 'hey dont i know you' whick was bullshit, an obviouz search excuse, they then asked us to bring out our wallets, my two mates had ID, i didnt, so they spot searched my bag, got my magnum from the front pocket, but missed my 30ml stainer luckily, that was all good coz they couldnt do shit for a texta, i had stupidly bomb the front of my bag, and let a few toys hit up on it too from my school, so this cop read all the tags and wrote em down next 2 my name and made me read a few out, which i just basically repeated what he said, not wanting to give shit away when he got it wrong :), and he told me he was reporting me to the transit cops, and if any of like the 6 or 7 tags that we bombed on there matched up he'd charge me. This was neally 4 weeks ago, so im hoping its blown over and i dont get a call. I dun wanna get flamed for having tags on my bag, i been writin for neally a year and a half now and i should know better, but i have a couple of questions, 1) Can they do me in for any of the toy's tags on my bag if they matched up, like just on heresay? 2) Are they able to search a home over this minor shit? as i have cans and bombs all over various things in my room.

btw im under 18.

thankz for the info guys, peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. no

2. no

there is very little they can do unless they catch you in the act. they found a marker and a couple of shitty tags on a bag. they would get laughed out of the force for taking you in for that because there is no way in hell they can get a conviction of any sort out of that.

if they want to ask you questions about shit like that, ask if you are being charged, and if they want to question you they can take you to the station where they can have a recorded interview on tape while you have your lawyer present. the only information you need to give them is your name and your address. if you have id, give that to them and that's all they need.

i doubt very much that the transitis care for a kid who's been writing for a year. you are not even a drop in the ocean. so don't sweat it

thanks heaps for the advice man, helped me a lot

i was just concerned coz i hit hard, im pretty up around my area and was just sweating on it a bit ya know? not sayin up all city, im just up and would be up for a few charges if they caught me

thanks again.

they haven't caught you until they've busted you in the act, or else all they have is circumstantial evidence (which isn't worth it's weight in pig shit). also, NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING!! no matter what they say never admit a thing. a confession is exactly what they want cos 9 times out of 10, they aint got shit. always deny everything, even if they do catch you. keep that in mind.

AMERICA------..YOUVE GOT THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!!!! USE IT. ALSO WHEN ON TRIAL..PLEAD THE 5TH AMENDMENT (THE RIGHT NOT TO INCRIMINATE YOURSELF)..MAKE THOSE FUCKERS WORK!! ---ODESK-MDS,6FK!!

Originally posted by ANCmelburn

Hey ya'll,

i come from Melburn Australia, and just recently me and 2 of my crew members were sitting in a bus stop minding our own business waiting for a bus. Then these two bike cops roll up, and say to one of my boys 'hey dont i know you' whick was bullshit, an obviouz search excuse, they then asked us to bring out our wallets, my two mates had ID, i didnt, so they spot searched my bag, got my magnum from the front pocket, but missed my 30ml stainer luckily, that was all good coz they couldnt do shit for a texta, i had stupidly bomb the front of my bag, and let a few toys hit up on it too from my school, so this cop read all the tags and wrote em down next 2 my name and made me read a few out, which i just basically repeated what he said, not wanting to give shit away when he got it wrong :), and he told me he was reporting me to the transit cops, and if any of like the 6 or 7 tags that we bombed on there matched up he'd charge me. This was neally 4 weeks ago, so im hoping its blown over and i dont get a call. I dun wanna get flamed for having tags on my bag, i been writin for neally a year and a half now and i should know better, but i have a couple of questions, 1) Can they do me in for any of the toy's tags on my bag if they matched up, like just on heresay? 2) Are they able to search a home over this minor shit? as i have cans and bombs all over various things in my room.

btw im under 18.

thankz for the info guys, peace

dont worry in the first place they cant search you next time that happends say not until my lawer present...because they have to have saw or know something before hand....2)they cant get you for that shit because they had to have seen you do it if they really bother you just say you taged thoughs on your bag to bite the real writers is doesnt matter what they think...//.........

Originally posted by mental invalid

...get a new bag and leave it blank...you dont need to advertise what you do...r

acually have shit on bag or other is nice ive seen writers with hat,t-shirts,sweater etc..with there tag on it its funny and makes the cops mad....///..............

cops cant do shit unless youre on survellance and they catch you redhanded.. i've been caught with paint a couple times and they just took my name and said if there was any new shit up i would be charged..its all bullshit anyways..once you get in the court they laugh at the charges.

Okay guys, I want to give you a little bit of advice. Here is my disclaimer. As you know from other posts, I am not a writer, I am just a person who likes the graffiti culture and art. As a "fine upstanding citizen" I have access to talk to members of the city government and the police department to find out what is happening on the other side of the coin. I will share what I know with you.

Anecdotal statistics (very informed guesses) say that the US in spending conservatively $15 Billion dollars a year on graffiti removal. That doesn't include enforcement, education programs, or any of the myriad of other programs they have in force.

As major crimes go down, petty crimes receive more attention. Especially if those petty crimes are costing a lot of money. Graffiti is hot right now, not only for you guys (with all the new toys joining in) but also for city governments and police.

Police are getting better and better at making arrests and getting convictions. Many of the pieces of advice given on this board are uninformed, status quo responses. Times are changing.

That said, you can be convicted based on circumstantial evidence. They can use expert witnesses to charge you with numerous counts based on past incidents that were documented prior to removal. Felony limits are lowering. All they need to get a search warrant is minor evidence that they believe you are involved in graffiti. Any toy on the street that knows who you are, and what your tag is can be a potential witness against you. SO BE CAREFUL.

To ANCmelborn, get rid of your bag, hide your stuff and chill for awhile. Graffiti cases are complicated and involve a lot of paperwork, so it may just take them awhile to get it together, thus the 4 weeks. At anytime though they could come back at you based on that contact, so you would be wise to change your name.

Every state, country, is different and has different laws, but overall they are all getting tough on graffiti. Take the time to research your areas laws.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Im not even gunna read all this shit..but keep in mind hes from Australia..and I thought it was Melbourne or is that a different city..

that's right. and as i am from melbourne, my advice is more relevant to the situation in melbourne than the "fifth amendmant" kinda style of advice. we don't have prop. 21 or any of that other stuff in australia, so it is a different situation with regards to arrest and conviction in the land down under. plus with the heroin problem in most cities in australia, graffiti isn't as much of a big deal with law enforcement as it is in some cities around the world. anc was just unlucky enough to get hassled by a couple of bored cops, and really doesn't have anything to worry about.

i dont know anything about the justice system in melbourn; but in america they wouldnt have shit on u. first of all, u gotta stand up for ur rights more. even if they do know ur friend that doesnt give them probable cause to search u. but it doesnt matter anyway. they cant prove u did the tags on ur bag. tell them some toys wrote on ur bag and ur fuckin pissed about it. u dont have to give out names. dont worry about them searching ur house unless u gave em information. if u didnt tell them anything, they shouldnt be able to get a warant. but just in case, u could stash ur paint for a little while. unless they catch u in the act of hitting something illegal or get u on camera, they cant do shit. never admit to anything. never give up information that would help them.

peace

ive had experience with it. as long as they cant prove that u hit a spot and u dont admit to anything they cant convict u. as long as u make up a story that they cant disprove, and isnt too unbelievable, then an honest judge shouldnt be able to convict u. u could easily tell them that someone else did the tags on the bag and they couldnt prove that wrong unless u admit to it, or they saw u do them. but i dont know about the justice system in au so... i was just sayin somethin that might work.

i don't think people realise this is australia we are talking about. there are 3 ways you will get convicted for graffiti in melbourne:

1. getting caught red-handed

2. confessing to the crime

3. your friends and crewmates informing the police on you, and testifying against you in court .

here's a little story:

a couple of my friends were nabbed getting off a train after destroying the insides with tags. the circumstantial evidence was OVERWHELMING that it was them who did it (they were the only people on the train on it's first run of the day, and they are on camera getting on at the first station on the line), but they kept their mouths shut and denied EVERYTHING. because there was no witnesses, no confessions, and no concrete evidence, they walked free from of the police station, because there is no way in hell somebody could go in court with that and get a conviction.

as long as you are smart and don't lose your head, you have nothing to fear. but don't take this as meaning it's somehow easy to go around destroying shit. cos it aint. doing stupid shit will get you in trouble no matter where you are.

ABC I am not trying to address this issue specifically, but more the growing trend toward tighter enforcement and more prosecutions. I realize that Australian laws are different and I recommended that everyone check into their own local laws. Keep you own eyes open however because from what I've heard Australian police are trying to catch up with the US.

honestly i dunno what all they can do but i sugest change your name at the least cuz if nothing else they will look for you being in those areas you frequented with you name you just became a little more suspicous to them and thats bad about the shit in your house stash the paint if your that worried but they can't do shit about what you doo on the walls unless its without owner permission

-sky-

Archived