New York's tap water isn't kosher.

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where my grandma lives in VA is well water, and no matter how many filters or softeners it goes through, it still disgusts me. I would never drink or brush my teeth with it, and I can only shower with cold water, cause when it gets even slightly warm it starts to smell terrible.

I feel bad for my dad, he said when he started going there with my mom in the early 70s it was 1000x worse

My parents had well water in Pennsylvania and that shit was fucking wonderful. It completely has to do with the area I suppose. Virginia has never been associated with anything normal and clean in my experience. Isn't that where Deliverence took place?

Actually, I've known about this for a while. It's an argument in the Orthodox community.

The law goes that if you can't see them with the naked eye its not a problem but many people claim you can see them. Some people are careful and use a Brita when they drink tap water, but most people I know think that the ultra-orthodox Rabbis are being alarmist.

Nohate but..

Its this type of "rules and reguations" makes me weired the fuck out by any religion :confused: :confused:

Oh and to any religious people tryna hate

Don't try to play the "its cool to be athiest card nowadays" card on me either, Im just thinking as a rational human being.

• Like 1

Cali water is fucking horrible. I cant wash my car without using water softener, inline filters etc.

Mineral deposits for days.

I dont even know what happened. I remember being on this site five years ago bragging the East Bay had the best tap water on the planet.

tap water in indonesia has to be the worst i've ever had, i used it wet my toothbrush and 6 hours later i was shitting brown liquid. not even supposed to eat salads over there because they rinse veggies under water.

my hometowns' water is unsafe by WHO standards, doesnt taste too bad though.

Nobody warned you about that? Typically, the water is boiled before veggies are washed. Def. be cautious about the ice put in your drink from street vendors.

oy vey!

My tap water is cloudy at first also, and when I'm refilling water pitchers in the restaurant I work at, the pitchers are cloudy for a minute. We have to wait for them to clear up before the waiters refill people's water at the tables.

I heard that the secret to great tasting New York pizza is in the water, and that authentic New York pizza joints in other states have the water imported.

I heard that the secret to great tasting New York pizza is in the water, and that authentic New York pizza joints in other states have the water imported.

Yeah, the Northeast's "hard water" is why we have awesome bagels, pizza, etc.

Disney wanted to start serving RI's Del's frozen lemonade at their parks, but they figured out that with water from other places it didn't taste as good, and that it'd be too expensive to import.

MEH. about the kosher thing, i don't keep it 100%, and i never eat shellfish, but i'm not about to buy a brita or start drinking bottled water because as far as i can remember i always heard about nyc having really good tap h2o, and i also have to say taking a shower here is so much better than other countries, because like stated before i've taken showers and still felt mad grimy afterwords. sometimes the hot water is cloudy but4 you let it rest and its fine..