Burger King is madd delicious, as if we didn't know..

ClueTwo

Ok, so I never should have stopped here in the first place, but I was hungry and I'm running low on ends so it seemed like an ok idea. Then, principle got involved and now I'm pissed.

So I pull up to said Burger King and see big lettering on the front saying, "FREE WHOPPER, w/ purchase of a Whopper."

I'm thinking to myself, yup, this is the place for me. I know I can't eat two whole Whopper's, but I think maybe one of the guys from work will eat it and I just saved them a couple bucks.

So my happy ass walks in and passes an employee walking out. I'm talking about, "Yeah, free whopper" and he laughs a little..

Get to the counter, order a number 1 combo (Whopper combo), the kid rings me up, I pay, and he hands me a receipt. I take a peek thinking that my FREE whopper will be on the ticket. Nope. So I ask the kid, "hey, what's with my free whopper?" He replies, "Well, you have to buy it individually." to which I respond, "Well bud, your sign says FREE Whopper with a purchase of a Whopper, and I just bought a Whopper." He pauses and rebutes, "Let me get someone."

Second person comes out and starts dibble dallying with the computer, takes some cash out, puts some cash back in, and then looks up to me and says, "Ok, that'll be $7.55." (This is almost $2.50 more than I just paid.) I look at her funny and exclaim,"Look, I'm not paying more for something to be free. Your signs says clearly that if you buy, you get one free, and I bought." She tells me to hold on and she's getting another "Manager".

I'm so over it by now, but I'm going with principle at this point. The thrid and final overweight burger flipper comes out and tries to explain there rules and regulations. I disregard them completely and tell her that is not what their sign says and we do a little ditty back and forth. I finally just say, "Give me the combo I ordered, and change your fucking sign. It's against the law to false advertise and just plain fucking stupid."

Luckily, my food was done well before the conversation hit the fan. I never received my free whopper and don't care if I do, but I'm still thinking about it and realized that I'm going to share with you guys because the real world doesn't really give a shit.

End Rant.

Picture of said sign..

2w2g39t.jpg

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Burger King SUCKS, as if we didn't know..

i haven't eaten that shit in like 15 years probably. Next time do yourself a favor... Find a little middle eastern restaurant and get a couple schwarma sandwiches. They are like 3 bucks a piece at pretty much all the spots i go

haha i get a good laugh when people change those signs. i've seen CHEESY ANUS, when the cheesy angus burger came out, and when the celts and lakers were playing it said GO CELTICS BEAT LA. right up until someone changed it to GO EAT CLITS.

wish i took flicks, so i guess it didnt happen.

• Like 1

I like burger king...rodeo cheeseburger 99c. Yes please.

the flame broiled taste is a seasoning not a flavor from grilling...meh

although I'm eating healthier these days and have sworn off drive thru. Haven't had fast food in maybe a month.

I digress,

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.

Yeah, free Whoppers has never worked out to be a good price for me, always somehow more expensive, except when I was in high school and stole these discount cards the football team was selling. That shit had crazy ill deals to alot of places, and one of them was a free Whopper with a purchase of any size drink and soda, so good.

Anyways, BK is my favorite readily available fast food (since they don't have Hardees where I live) and Whoppers are delicious, so I just pay them what they want.

Edit: Also, their double cheeseburgers (which are $1.00, or $1.19 with 2 pieces of cheese) are a quarter pound, and mad good. McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese is like $4, fuck that

Fuck that, I woulda asked for the district mgr #, customer is always right with corporations...fuck a store manager...principle purposes only

Yeah if he calls corporate to complain he will get a ton of free shit. That goes for any company...we used to do that at work...call a bunch of places, tell them something was wrong with there product...boom coupons for free goods.

Come to think of it, I have not been in a BK since Barcelona in 1998, and that was because I had eaten pasta for 4 months straight (Living in Roma) and I was dying for something different.

I haven't been desperate enough to eat that crap since.

get the managers name, then call up their corporate and tell them said manager was rude, etc. make something up, other than the real story you just said. make it so it was their fault. they should send you a book of coupons for free shit. when i was younger we used to do this all the time because the manager would always call the cops on us for loitering inside and outside. try it, you have nothing to lose.

oh and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1-naHt1aA

One time my asshole of a brother bitched to BK because when he got back to his place with some whoppers and shit he accidently spilled BBQ sauce on his couch. Yeah. So he goes back to BK to bitch... I have no idea what the hell his arguement could have been.. maybe it was already open or something... anyways, not pleased with the results he ends up calling the fucking better business bureau over the whole thing. I guess this isn't about BK but more about how my brother is a fucking lunatic.