NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguably the biggest prize in free agency is off the market.

Brad Richards has chosen to play with the New York Rangers and will agree to a nine-year deal for $60 million.

Richards and his agent held both face-to-face and conference call meetings with perspective teams in Mississauga, on Friday.

The L.A. Kings, Toronto Maple Leafs, Tampa Bay Lightning and Calgary Flames were among the teams making pitches to the skilled forward.

Richards had 28 goals and 77 points in 72 games with the Stars last season.

And SSP, Sather is great at doling out shitty bloated contracts for underachievers (Redden, Drury, Gomez....), but he is even better at getting rid of them. Hahahaha

I pray Richards works out with gabby or anisimov or someone...

Gonna flip the fuck out if I have to watch another overpaid unmotivated vet get beat to the puck or miss the net consistently all season.

Ive backed off my fire slats attitude after his stellar trade work last season..but if this does not work out well i may take him out myself.

Not to mention they still have to resign some good young talent like dubinsky callahan and anisimov this summer.

SSP I've heard grumblings between the Rags and Oil and it could very possibly be a move for Dubinsky ?? I know the Oil would love to have him on our squad, he's going to be the next ryan kesler but WAY LESS of a douche bag.

Also I think Richards will continue his good play for the Rags, I listened to him do an interview after he signed the contract and he's pumped to be playing in the east coast again so his family can watch him play and he feels back at home and blah blah blah

He will turn Gabby into a 40-50 goal scorer. Who is the Rags top LW ?

Also that Heatley for Havlat trade is LOL worthy because Havlat is a much better threat these days especially with Joe Thornton passing him the puck now. Who is Heatley going to play with in MN? Koivu? lol

Heatley/havlat trade is good for both teams...heatley only made two more goals than havlat in the season..and was getting payed ridiculous money..havlat brings speed and for half the money that heatley was getting..and just as good.

Like shameless said if he would of showed up in the playoffs..would of been nice..

Heatley & setoguchi should bring a lot more offense to the wild.

Dubinsky has until 12pm tonight to sign for arbitration. I REALLY hope he isnt going anywhere. I know A LOT of our fanbase will be pretty pissed if they trade him. Him and Cally are two beloved players in our franchise right now, besides the obvious of staal and henrik. Dubs is a great person off the ice also, and seems to get along with everyone on the team. Hes young and has spunk, fighting guys he has no business being around at times.

He is our best LW, next would be Wolski...and Im not a big fan of Wolski.

Unfortunately we still have to figure something with dubs, christensen and cally..

If we do sign all of them it leaves us something like this:

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Hagelin - Stepan - Fedotenko

Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi

McDonagh - Erixon

Del Zotto - Sauer

Lundqvist

Biron

Scratches: Avery, Zuccarello/Christensen, Eminger

Which seems like a very solid team on paper. Interested to see how Rupp shows up.

Edit: Fuck. Just read that all four (the other was Sauer) filed for arbitration today. Looks like around 4mil each player, roughly..

Rags are loaded down the middle.

I don't get why you guys play Dubs on the LW though?? He's a natural C.

He took the second most faceoffs on your team last year and went 55%. That's huge!! What does he do? Take the face off and then defer to the wing?

Dubs, IMO, is going to be 'the next Kesler' - perfect #2C to play behind Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in Edmonton :D

We'll trade you Cogliano + for him SSP.

• 4 weeks later...

Fucked up- and unnecessary

Boogaard Charges Are ‘Just Plain Wrong,’ Family Says

By JOHN BRANCH

MINNEAPOLIS — The family of the late Derek Boogaard came to the defense of Aaron Boogaard, who faces charges of drug distribution and tampering in connection with the fatal overdose of his brother, a former enforcer for the Minnesota Wild and Rangers.

Aaron Boogaard, 24, is accused of distributing at least one pain killer to Derek Boogaard the night before he was found dead May 13, and for flushing others before authorities arrived at the apartment they shared near downtown Minneapolis.

Medical examiners ruled Derek Boogaard’s death an accidental overdose of alcohol and oxycodone. He had been partying with Aaron and a few friends the night after returning from several weeks at a California substance-abuse rehabilitation center. He was 28.

On Friday, Michael Freeman, the Hennepin County attorney, said that Aaron Boogaard admitted to controlling some of Derek Boogaard’s stash of pain killers, “parceling” them when his brother asked. He said Aaron Boogaard supplied at least one pill before Derek Boogaard died.

“To insinuate that Aaron had anything remotely to do with Derek’s death, as Prosecutor Mike Freeman alluded to, is just plain wrong,” Ryan Boogaard, another brother, wrote in a statement released early Tuesday.

Aaron Boogaard, out on bond, made his first court appearance Monday, accompanied by his mother and sister. He was told that he is on probation, forbidden to drink alcohol or to take nonprescription drugs, and that he would be randomly drug tested. His next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 17.

Both Aaron and Derek Boogaard were draft picks of the Minnesota Wild. The 6-foot-8 Derek eventually reached the N.H.L. and became one of the most feared enforcers in the game. Last summer he signed a four-year, $6.5 million contract with the Rangers. Aaron, four years younger, has played in the minor leagues. The two lived together in Minneapolis during the summers.

“Our family is still grieving over the loss of Derek and this has affected nobody more than his summertime roommate, training partner, best friend and loving brother, Aaron,” Ryan Boogaard wrote.

The full text of the statement:

“Our family has been fairly mum on the recent arrest and subsequent charges laid against my younger brother, Aaron, so I would like to share a few words.

Although I cannot make specific comments as to proving or disproving the allegations against Aaron while the matter is before the court, I can say that our family fully supports him and we are disappointed in both the Minneapolis Police Department and Hennepin County Prosecution Office in their decision to prosecute him. Aaron had fully cooperated with their investigation and now, just over two months after losing his big brother and still grieving, he will have to endure very public legal proceedings.

Aaron has never sold prescribed and nonprescribed pain killers, never bought prescribed and nonprescribed pain killers and Aaron does not abuse prescribed and nonprescribed pain killers. The prosecution’s office did not disclose all the details surrounding the investigation but for me to go into more detail about this would go against my previous statement about not commenting to prove or disprove the allegations and Aaron gets his day in court so it can all come to fruition at that time.

In summary, there is more than what has been released to the media.

Aaron has never been arrested in the United States or Canada and, up until recently, Aaron has never been charged for any criminal offense.

As it is now widely known, Derek became addicted to pain killers after having shoulder surgery in 2009. This broke our family’s hearts to watch as Derek battled the disease. After two failed attempts in rehab, this was a fight that Derek never got up from.

Aaron never condoned what Derek did and had actually gone to California to support Derek in his latest rehab attempt.

To insinuate that Aaron had anything remotely to do with Derek’s death, as Prosecutor Mike Freeman alluded to, is just plain wrong but, again, I cannot comment on specifics as it is before the court.

Our family is still grieving over the loss of Derek and this has affected nobody more than his summertime roommate, training partner, best friend and loving brother, Aaron.

After July 1st league activity just about grinds to a halt though. Not enough NHL fans that post regularly on 12oz to keep this thread alive. I love me some summer time, but I'm counting down the days until the preseason starts so I can watch Nugent-Hopkins between Taylor Hall and Jordon Eberle...

I wish the Oilers won a SC so I could do that to my house.

TSN did a spiel on Marc Savard today. He got his day with the cup, but it sucks for him because he most likely won't get his name etched on it because he didn't meet the requirements for games played this season past.