NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brent burns the missing DMEN the sharks need? wtf..think that was a bad move letting setoguchi go..burns has a history of concussions..wtf..bummed out bout that move..see what he brings to the table..

You're bummed about this move?

You're crazy. Burns is a top pairing d man, setoguchi is a fringe top 6 forward definitely top 9. Burns could be the dman the sharks need to really be able to compete for the cup.

im a flyers fan,and im reeling from the last couple days.what do you west coasters think about wayne simmonds? i havent seen too much of him.

Simmonds is a good roster player, top 9 forward for sure. But you got Brayden Schenn too, who is arguably the best prospect in hockey right now. You're going to be really happy about picking him up, he's a comparable player to Mike Richards IMO.

Picking up Sean Couturier with the 8th overall pick from the Carter trade doesn't hurt either. Really what the Flyers did is good down the line for their club, both top 6 C's were traded for roster players now + a really good fill in C (Schenn & Couturier), and another pick. Good trades. Also let you sign Bryzz who is a top goalie in the NHL and may be able to get the flyers to the cup in 2 - 3 years when they are ready to compete for it again.

You're bummed about this move?

You're crazy. Burns is a top pairing d man, setoguchi is a fringe top 6 forward definitely top 9. Burns could be the dman the sharks need to really be able to compete for cup.

Homie don't get it twisted I know he's a good d man him and boyle should be interesting to watch just don't think that was a good trade personally..dude is a good sk8r..but honestly I'm more worried bout his concussion history dude..for example a dude gets a good clean hit on him and gets another concussion then what? Back to sqaure one...I see why they picked em up cause wallin went back to sweden..but yeah def don't think they should of let seto go..see how it goes.

Burns has had one concussion IIRC.

Seto was making $1 million on a one year contract. He was good in the playoffs, had a decent regular season but was definitely due for a big raise - not sure if he was going to UFA or RFA - but swapping him for burns one for one was a great move for SJ.

Burns and Boyle on the PP is going to be scary. Boyle is an awesome puck mover but he doesn't have a great slapshot and Burns has a cannon. It was your PP and your lack of PK that let the Canucks get past you in the WCF this year, and Seto is more easy to replace than a top pairing D man.

^

Have you heard about Amstel Light and their offer to the Bruins?

Apparently one and only one Amstel Light was on that bar tab ... Amstel is offering a big hook up to the Bruin who fesses up to ordering it. Can't remember what they're offering off the top of my head.

Anyway, to anybody who is watching the FA market...

Wisniewski is possibly going to sign with the Blue Jackets. They are slowly beefing up, watch for them to make the playoffs next year... Carter centering Nash and the Wiz on the point for the PP sounds scary.

Ehrhoff has broken off talks with the Islanders, he'll likely hit the open market. It's going to be a 1/2 race with him and Kaberle as they will be the top puck moving D men to hit FA. Will the Bruins resign Kaberle? They have apparently let it be known they were willing to shop his rights to sign ala Wiz&Ehrhoff. Detroit is supposedly looking to sign a PMD, and if they manage to sign Ehrhoff that will make their already amazing PP very very very good.

NYR looks like they have the inside track for Richards though. I expect him to sign with the rags for something stupid.

Please god no. We just got rid of Drurys redic contract...

In other news..

WE ARE FUCKED.

Pierre McGuire just left TSN and signed with VERSUS/NBC.

sidpierre.jpg

Im not sure I can watch hockey without the mute button anymore...I hate this guy.

He got sick of owning the KHL and is going to be a Flyer next season for 3 mill.

Holmgren is acting like a kid playing GM mode. Just making a lot of moves.

And SSP, Sather is great at doling out shitty bloated contracts for underachievers (Redden, Drury, Gomez....), but he is even better at getting rid of them. Hahahaha