NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the picture in thestar.com article regarding Price's 'Jacques Plantes' helmet for tomorrow's outdoor NHL game the Americans don't know about. Kinda cool.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/941997--carey-price-unveils-new-heritage-classic-mask?bn=1

I'm terribly disappointed in the Leaf SO loss to the Sens but what a great goalie duel.

Also, I love Reimer's helmet with the Cherry/MacLean portraits. So sick. If I was a goalie, I would have done the same.

"Kids, you gotta..."

Natural hat trick with 3PP goals in a row in the third period for Taylor Hall yesterday.

I still don't have my voice from yelling/screaming/cheering.

I love afternoon games its a shame we don't play more of em.

Bruins are comin to town on the 27th, can't wait for that game, lookin forward to seeing Seguin play.

I just saw the picture in thestar.com article regarding Price's 'Jacques Plantes' helmet for tomorrow's outdoor NHL game the Americans don't know about. Kinda cool.

"

a lot of americans do know about it.

a handful of my friends who never watch hockey and are more baseball/basketball people.. were talking about the heritage classic being on versus, and hockey day in america.

NBC had a good amount of ads running for hockey day in america, and then for people to turn to v.s. to watch the heritage classic.

NBC failed in my business opinion, they would be dominating if they aired the heritage classic as well as the american winter classic...

oh and to let everyone know....

the first game the 1st period i was moving, 2nd period i started to feel it..

10 minutes into the 2nd, i could tell how long its been since i've done anything as exciting and energy consuming as hockey...

made it through the rest of the game on fumes.. but it was awesome... the 1st period and half of the 2nd everyone was going full throttle... but after that everyone kind of took it down a notch and played like it was a all star game...

i felt it all the next three days sore as fuck..

the 2nd game was a lot easier...

^ That game was awesome!

FUCKING STICKS BREAKING EVERYWHERE---Guy caught a pass and his STICK BROKE WTFFFF

Never understood those new sticks-200$ for what???

Montreal M9 or Sher-wood Coffey still to this day...

carbon fibre vs fibreglass.

the higher priced sticks are made to be lighter, yet with this they lack durability.

the more you pay, the lighter your stick, plus kickpoint comes into play, therefore increasing accuracy.

it is what it is.

i worked at a hockey store for a lil while this winter.

$200? shit theyre closer to $300.

but the players arent paying for them with the endorsements.

i feel, for under $150 you can get a sick stick that should last you sometime.

easton s19 is shit too, prolly the most expensive stick on the market, but completely susceptible to breaking as it narrows at the bottom of the shaft.

the bauer total one is by far the hottest seller, i cant tell you how many kids conned their rich mothers into buying this stick for christmas.

it amazes me because to truly utilize the technology of these high end composites, you need to be 6 feet tall and at least 180lbs.

sherwood has merged with tps and are now marketing composite sticks with the coffey curve. but theyre heavy as fuck. still a good bang for your buck though.

i can remember begging my dad for the easton aluminum gretzky and him handing me a wooden sherwood saying, "here, you want a coffey or a mcinnis?" haha.

i mentioned before about the easton eq50.

that shit has got an interchangeable weighting system in the shaft and weights in the blade (like previous higher end eqs).

if you shoot that stick though, youll know why its the price it is.

you all have seen ccms authentic ovechkin curve correct?

it is absolutely impossible to backhand with this stick.

Going to see Canes/Panthers tonight.

Got drunk and talked a lot of shit at Pens fans Friday, especially Yinz. But the first period in that game was one of the best from the Canes all season. Every line was pushing hard for the full 20 while Crosby nursed his yeast infection.

And I got the Bauer One30. Shit feels like a golf club.

What were they supposed to do??? Agreed though--- he proved a lot of people wrong..

Not arguing about sticks either.. Always liked wood, even when the aluminums came out. Like the weight also for some reason.. Can get a half dozen Sher-woods for what, 180$$ ----- I don't play often enough to care about the newest 2-300 stick that feels like a feather.. And I don't remember the last time I saw a wood stick in A pro shop for sale.. All comp now...

they always sell out pretty quickly (wooden sticks) especially around christmas because thats when alot of people want cheap sticks for pond hockey.

it was damn near impossible to find a right handed wooden sherewood from december 1 to november 15 in my city.

correct if youre not playing double or triple a, its probably not worth it for a 200/300 buck stick.

im a firm believer in learning to shoot on something heavier and then if/when the time is right to progress up to a higher end stick, the results will be noticed immediately.