NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

can whoever started the league send me an invite? headaches sent me a link but if i acceoted we would have been coowners for some reason.

mo sluggs is the only one who can send you the link, he said to PM him.

but i dont think he's on right now, i PMd dude a while ago and haven't heard anything back from him.

so ya just got to wait till later tonight when he's on to expect a link, i'd PM him your email addy like he asked and just check your email through out the course of the day.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicago dumped like their who team! no way they can repeat!

what? why?

their core is intact, and they dumped role players. they also managed to pick up a bunch of role players this off season, for cheap.

chicago will easily be a 100+ pt team again this year, and will contend for the cup. you heard it here first!

just read that san jose signed niemi for 1 year, 2 million. lets see how good he does without chicago playing in front of him...

also, i'm kind of anxious to see this sam gagner, taylor hall line and see if they put up some big numbers together, or if it's gonna be a flop and hall chokes on some pro-dong. /nohomo

and i'd like to see gagner breakout this year because past three years he's been eh, alright.

and im not even an oilers fan :lol:

hate to double post but I'm going to weigh in on this...

gagner is turning 21 this year and already has 131 pts, and he only played 62 games last year due to injury.

this kid is sick. apparently he's been doing a lot of training this off season and can skate faster now, and he's filled out a bit (nh). I can see him putting up 60-75 pts this year playing with a healthy hemsky all year.

as for taylor hall and the rest of the edmonton rookies (MPS, eberle and omark) I wouldn't expect them to light it up at all. I'll be really happy if Hall can manage 50+ pts, and I expect the other rookies, depending on who makes the team, to be in the range of 25-35 pts each. going to be a tough year again in edmonton but at least this team will be a hell of a lot more exciting to watch.

yeah, agree with you metro.

i wanna see gagner put up big points this year, dudes doin big things /nohomo.. and he's gonna be a great hockey player.

also you never know, taylor could come out and just light shit up or he could come out play awesome for a month or two, then completely shut down and become shit at the pro level.

also niemi going to the sharks.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA SHARKS NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU.

NOW YOU ARE STUCK IN SUCKLAND. SHARKS SUCK AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK.

I HOPE SOMEONE BREAKS A COUPLE OF JOE "THE DEEP THROAT CHOKE ARTIST" THORTONS BONES THIS YEAR AND SIDE LINES HIM.

SAN JOSE ShUrCKS

also..

any takes on this?

Alex Ovechkin took a few swipes at Russian hockey during a radio interview on Friday, including calling the Kontinental Hockey League inferior to the National Hockey League. He also had choice comments about Russian youth hockey and critics of his play with the Washington Capitals.

Regarding the KHL versus the NHL, Ovechkin told Russia's Radio Sport: "There is no point to compare the leagues. Let them call me names, call me a traitor, but this is true." He congratulated KHL czar Alexander Medvedev for bringing home some NHL veterans, "But still, there are only three or four teams here that keep up to the level, and there are no other teams."

He also criticized the league for allowing Lada Togliatti to reach such dire financial straits that it hasn't paid up its players and coaches in months.

Regarding Russian youth hockey, Ovechkin said: "If you look at what is happening in reality with our youth hockey, then the situation is a lot to be desired." Also: "When children there are already standing with a cigarette, with a bottle of beer, and they don't need it. That's why we don't have a generation we had in the cases of [ilya] Kovalchuk, [Evgeni] Malkin, myself."

And regarding his play, Ovechkin said: "The question of why I am playing straightforward is a very simple one. It only looks that I play straightforward."

Ovechkin's comments were translated and presented by Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports.

oh shit kobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

whats good dude, been a while, what happened to the old name?

yeah it has been a while, old name is still around, i'm just on my work computer.

on the thornton note..

choke_artist.jpg

and Chicago repeating? yeah right! wings own turco, check the track record.

• Like 3

yeah it has been a while, old name is still around, i'm just on my work computer.

on the thornton note..

choke_artist.jpg

and Chicago repeating? yeah right! wings own turco, check the track record.

162zc1.gif

hahaha even funnier then when it was posted last year

:lol: :lol:

oh and hey asthma...

wmjxx2.jpg

no UMADS, but you really don't belong here.

Dude you should start watching basketball, hockey is clearly not your sport. Im pretty sure youve been wrong on everything youve said since you got here. If your with the flyers i guess thats good for hawks fans.

All invites been sent homies---So is there any way anyone else can edit the season settings and all that other shit (Invites ,, Draft etc) ? Or is it only the person who started the league??

Ovechkin can say whatever he wants. He's the shit, even though he does some questionable shit sometimes. And He's most likely not going back to Russia so who cares??

Also Maury is the best show on tv

you obviously don't know sarcasm, because i wasn't being sarcastic "blud"

:lol:

just keep making yourself look stupid, the fact that you edited that makes me wonder what sort of stupid comment you made, but then you realized how dumb you would have sounded and went and edited it out.

but anyway, i'm putting you on ignore so everyone else who is knowledgeable about hockey (and actually has something worthy to say and talk about) wont be taken down a notch by your idiotic no-nadda-posts.

All invites been sent homies---So is there any way anyone else can edit the season settings and all that other shit (Invites ,, Draft etc) ? Or is it only the person who started the league??

Ovechkin can say whatever he wants. He's the shit, even though he does some questionable shit sometimes. And He's most likely not going back to Russia so who cares??

Also Maury is the best show on tv

ok first thing.... please PM MS.SEYER mo... she wants an invite to the league but can't get on 12oz till later tomorrow.

2nd i think you might be able to make someone co-leaguemanager i dont know you should probably go into league settings or, league control whatever type of tab you see that might let you add a co-owner (not to your team but to the league itself)

3rd once everyone is in and all set we need to start talking about a good draft date / time so a majority of people can make it.

4th true about ovie, i just thought it was funny how he was getting shit from russia for selling out and not being a true player anymore and other shit like that, but he is right the russian league is declining they got like 4 teams that have a bunch of stars from the NHL on it but the other teams are mediocre at best.. still none the less it's still fun to watch live streams of russian league / other european leagues on the computer.

anyone here watch any college hockey at all?

not gonna make another thread for plain regular all around hockey talk because a mod will get mad and just combine these anyway.

you obviously don't know sarcasm, because i wasn't being sarcastic "blud"

:lol:

just keep making yourself look stupid, the fact that you edited that makes me wonder what sort of stupid comment you made, but then you realized how dumb you would have sounded and went and edited it out.

but anyway, i'm putting you on ignore so everyone else who is knowledgeable about hockey (and actually has something worthy to say and talk about) wont be taken down a notch by your idiotic no-nadda-posts.

ha, yeah keep it that way tough guy..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if you only knew "blud" feel free to pm me if you want but i highly doubt you would..so back to your convo clown.:chicken:

what? why?

their core is intact, and they dumped role players. they also managed to pick up a bunch of role players this off season, for cheap.

chicago will easily be a 100+ pt team again this year, and will contend for the cup. you heard it here first!

just read that san jose signed niemi for 1 year, 2 million. lets see how good he does without chicago playing in front of him...

you dont get rid of that many players on a cup team and repeat,role players or not.the roles those guys played helped win the cup,and all the pieces gotta fall together correctly.i think the byfuglien trade itself knocked you guys to a second round exit.

oh that's sweet, when the frozen four was in boston i went and hung out at BU for a day and shit was going crazy for them.

i like being a 30 minute train ride away from two of the best college hockey teams (BU & BC).

i'm about to go to a bunch of BC games this year, got the hook up with a dude who is a student and gets free tickets to games.

nice.

yeah i'm kind of pissed i didn't have any extra cash to go see the bruins vs flyers last year.

but they are finally opening the new stadium? nice... is it still gonna be called Mellon arena?

can't wait to see it, i heard it was crazy.

pens vs. caps winter classic should be awesome seeing malkin/crosby and ovie going at it outside on the ice.