Good article on Shepard Fairey plagiarism...

SerialSkiller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day, this man still has more money and probably enjoys a very comfortable life than any of us could imagine.

i dont care for his work, but hey nigga is making it in the world.

granted monetary wealth is in no shape or form a good dictator of happiness in life, but im just sayin'; this guy could wake up and decide to fly to some country and chill whenever he pleases.

Also I love how two of the 3 people who you just mentioned as being qualified to talk shit are just mods on here who as far as I know aren't anybody at all in the graff world, and have even stated as much that they don't even really write.

Is this DAO? If so, yeah, I've admitted on here plenty of times that I can't paint, don't paint, and I don't really care to start this late in my life. But Harvey, that dude can paint. If this is DAO, I think you're just hating on the dude because he's busted your balls on here more often than not, and you're doing it with blind anger. Considering the work I've seen of yours on here, I will say that Harvey definitely has a hand up on you as far as painting. You might have a better wicket, but overall, Harvey can burn you. That's no diss either, I'm just being honest with you.

So ONE of the people in Shai's 3 doesn't paint, can't paint, and has admitted to it more than enough times on here. I think Shai brought those 3 names up because he knows we're all from the Providence area and old enough to remember it from the get go, and Harvey also mentioned that he worked at Shep's studio back in the day.

I like Jeff Koons over Banksy and Fairy if we're going to talk about appropriation. His work is much more interesting and developed. To me both Banksy and Fairy, despite going to an art school, find it hard to express anything unique. People seem to like their subject matter because its accessible and knee jerk political, which to me is boring.

Koons! hahaha the poor mans Richard Prince.. another coat tail riding niggie...

Eh, both their subject matter and preferred mediums are different. Koons is interested in kitsch and Prince seems more interested in cool/luxury/commodity.

Not to mention Koons' work sells for so much more than Prince's, so I hardly try to say he's "the poor man's Prince".

I think Koons is wack. I've never liked his sculpture, and his paintings are SUPER stupid.

Warhol all day

Yeh most of his paintings suck the only one i've seen that I liked was this one.

tumblr_krcc0dvJPU1qa5h7no1_500.jpg

Overall, I don't really like appropriation as art. I think it's pretty lazy.

Eh, both their subject matter and preferred mediums are different. Koons is interested in kitsch and Prince seems more interested in cool/luxury/commodity.

Not to mention Koons' work sells for so much more than Prince's, so I hardly try to say he's "the poor man's Prince".

WUT???????

your kidding right? just some Prince books titles sell for upwards of 1000 and his original works are 6 figures... get your appraisal skills up and not just make assumptions cuz koons is on some cool guy artist fame...

with that said, im not familiar with the above posted Koons work but if its actually PAINTED its pretty cool...

WUT???????

your kidding right? just some Prince books titles sell for upwards of 1000 and his original works are 6 figures... get your appraisal skills up and not just make assumptions cuz koons is on some cool guy artist fame...

with that said, im not familiar with the above posted Koons work but if its actually PAINTED its pretty cool...

Seems like you're not too familiar with Koons' sales either.

Koons's works have sold for astronomical prices at auctions and privately. In 2001' date=' one of his three [i']Michael Jackson and Bubbles[/i] porcelain sculptures sold for $5.6 million. On November 14, 2007, a magenta Hanging Heart, one of five in different colors, sold at Sotheby's New York for $23.6 million becoming, at the time, the most expensive piece by a living artist ever auctioned.[12] It was bought by the Gagosian Gallery in New York, which the previous day had purchased another Koons sculpture entitled "Diamond (Blue)" for $11.8 million from Christie's London.[25] Gagosian appears to have bought both Celebration series works on behalf of Ukrainian steel oligarch, Victor Pinchuk.[26] In July 2008, his Balloon Flower (Magenta) also sold at Christie's London for a record $25.7 million. During the late 2000s recession, however, art prices plummeted and a violet Hanging Heart sold for $11 million in a private sale.[27] However prices for the artist's earlier Luxury and Degradation series appear to be holding up. The Economist reported that Thomas H. Lee, a private-equity investor, sold “Jim Beam J.B. Turner Train” in a package deal brokered by Giraud Pissarro Segalot for more than $15 million.
  • Like 1

Is this DAO? If so, yeah, I've admitted on here plenty of times that I can't paint, don't paint, and I don't really care to start this late in my life. But Harvey, that dude can paint. If this is DAO, I think you're just hating on the dude because he's busted your balls on here more often than not, and you're doing it with blind anger. Considering the work I've seen of yours on here, I will say that Harvey definitely has a hand up on you as far as painting. You might have a better wicket, but overall, Harvey can burn you. That's no diss either, I'm just being honest with you.

So ONE of the people in Shai's 3 doesn't paint, can't paint, and has admitted to it more than enough times on here. I think Shai brought those 3 names up because he knows we're all from the Providence area and old enough to remember it from the get go, and Harvey also mentioned that he worked at Shep's studio back in the day.

I've asked Harvey more than once what he writes, and he's always said that he doesn't.

And I wasn't dissing you, I was just saying.

Seems like you're not too familiar with Koons' sales either.

i am, i was not thinking sculptures or thinking back to 2001, i stand corrected. should have used wiki!

some of princes work have fetched millions but not on the regular, koons either.

now that i think of it i recall having a convo about a rose heart of his selling for 20million. wild

sheps art is not even in the conversation of this money level...

I've asked Harvey more than once what he writes, and he's always said that he doesn't.

And I wasn't dissing you, I was just saying.

It's cool. I didn't take it as a diss. I'm also not trying to put Harvey on blast. I just know the dude is talented and wanted to fill you in so you don't think he's just a fan like me. You both have totally different mindsets and styles, so I'm also not trying to start any arguments.

You sure you're not dickeating to be a mod? :lol:

You sure that scratch on your forehead isn't from where your dad dickslapped you with his incredibly underdeveloped wang?

The other bullshit that dribbled out of your cockholster and onto your keyboard made no fucking sense and wasn't even worth responding to, much less quoting.

You sure that scratch on your forehead isn't from where your dad dickslapped you with his incredibly underdeveloped wang?

The other bullshit that dribbled out of your cockholster and onto your keyboard made no fucking sense and wasn't even worth responding to, much less quoting.

Must have really hit home for you to be this UMAD. :lol: