What's prison like?

beanshore

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats prison like? I'm not trying to find out. I spent a year in the county and the 1

thing I do kno is when people came thru on writ they couldn't wait to head back upstate

The only benefit to county time is your people usually live nearby so you get visits.

Other than that. I can only speak on my experience which is in county.

* I went outside for less than an hour 4 times that year

* The food is nearly inedible. I starved myself for a month to get down

to a weight whereby they were obligated by law to give me double food

trays. I existed on cereal, oatmeal, apples, bread, milk and whatever

vegetable came on the tray.

* I lived in a 10 man cell. Probably 15 feet wide by 20 deep.

* Lots of crusty old scumbags

There is very little you can do. Lots of pushups, dips, and crunches. Gambled

with little store bullshit. Lots of spades, lots of chess. Usually get a visit a week.

Write letters and draw. Theres a book cart.

You dont want to find this out yourself

My boy was in Korean jail for like 3 months on hash charges.

He wasn't allowed to have books because they thought he could smuggle drugs in them.

I visited him a few times.

He seemed happy as could be, but bored out of his mind.

He got off the charges and sent back to Nigeria.

I don't know which is worse.

Asians are stupid about drugs.

My incarceration experience has only been 3 months in county and I'm not going back ever. I had an opiate detox to deal with, miserable first few weeks, showered all fucking day and night until my skin was just devoid of moisture and flaking off. Beat off when everyone slept and paced around the cell at night. Couple guys would give me thier fruit and whatever had sugar in it. Really every one I spoke to that did prison time said the same shit, everyone on a parole hold was like "Just send me fucking back upstate". I guess you got more "resources" and what not to pass the time in the lower security levels.....that was the worst part. bordeom....wake up eat, lie down, play cards(no more spades and yuker), lie down, wait for lunch, repeat, wait for dinner, repeat, wait for lights out....can't sleep from not doing shit all day. Read the same magazines and books over and over and over and over. IN classfication the guards would grab a magazine rip it up and each cell block got about 10 pages .Read a quarter of the king james version of the bible. Fuck that shit sucked.....I would honestly try to skip bail if I was facing some years....I met a couple guys around my age, give or take that just seemed to eat the shit up though......like they were getting their stripes in and talking about parole like it was fun.:rolleyes:

When I got out I crushed a pizza and bread sticks, had 3 marlboro lights and went for a long walk. Being able to MOVE and not walk around a 60 foot circle was amazing. I ate so much the first day I was out, I swear it took my body like 3 days to process that shit.

If it wasn't for books i would have lost my damn mind

Having to go to jail sucks but its all what you make of it.

I read a couple hundred novels. I lost a bunch of weight

and got in real good shape, i learned how to better deal

with difficult people, developed a respectable chess game.

Wrote a lot, quit smoking cigarettes and stopped getting

high and drunk. When i got out of jail I pumped my

brakes. Before i got locked up i was way out of control

my BFF is currently in prison for rap letters on a freight. 18mo sentence and the poor bastard had never even done a day in a county jail, prior to being sentenced. weaksauce. oregon will throw you in prison hella quick for rap letters nowadays if you have any priors for crim mischief. all while the fuckin state complains about being broke. fuuuck. tax payers will end up payin over $30,000 to house my little homie who did (according to court papers) ~$200 worth of damage. america, fuck yeah.

motherfuck the us judicial system.

amusing story he recently told me:

at his last prison, some wheelchair bound fella had been snitching ppl out for various activities...eventually one day on the yard, two people ran by mr wheelchair, one from each direction, and simultaneously punched him in the face. dude fell out of his chair, and a shitload of inmates picked up stones and started throwing them at the guy while he tried to crawl back to his chair. handicapped nigguhs get it too.

Riddle me this ... Whats a 7ft Nigerian in Korea doing out of jail?

They're the Mexicans of Korea. They make the goods!

Can't answer that. I mean luckily I've never been Nigerian or in whatever shithole asian country he was at the time.

So I'm not being a pigheaded American. America > being Nigerian and arrested in a shithole asian country.

Yes, it does beat being Nigerian.

Yet your comment about Korea being a shit hole Asian country just negated you being a "pigheaded American."

• Like 1

America needs to really overhaul the justice system when you get anything over a weekend/few weeks for vandalism. But that won't happen, the country makes too much money on the prison system.

oregonians passed a supposed anti-tweaker bill that was going to "get tough" on repeat offenders of various non-violent crimes...criminal mischief happened to be included in the bill. so nowadays, if you have misdemeanor priors for criminal mischief and end up getting popped for painting a choo-choo, youre most likely looking at a mandatory prison sentence, since vandalism to a train is a felony.

i know im preaching to the choir, but....fuuuucck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i725FCBJIxA

Richard Speck ruined Illinois prisons. Before these tapes came out, prison really didn't affect the quality of my life( aside from the obvious: pussy). The thought of going punk never crossed my mind once so I don't know where doing some X would make dude 69 his cellie. I was still getting drunk, smoking weed, eating pizza on the yard with cats i went to school with. Some prison hooch is as good as mad dog, i know it doesn't make it sound any more appetizing, but some cats make some damn good hooch. the bikers took it a step further and made stills so they stayed good and fucked up. whiskey was going for $10 a half pint and i never knew anyone to go blind.

After these tapes went public, they made a lot of politicians look bad and they took their prisons back, Now you don't have shit coming behind bars but a lot of cell time. Boredom reigns supreme.

haha the puerto ricans would drink buck all the time and then get into fist fights over dominos games. that buck shit smells so gnarly coming out of the pores. blegh. fuck this jail nonsense. haha gotta laugh though... dude was trying to buy heroin and got mdma and decided to have a homo sesh with his cellie... what the fuck. hahaha.