Elizabethan theatre

En Sabah Nur

this might not be the place to ask... then again, i'd rather ask here than a bunch of art fag college student niggas...

what's your favorite elizabethan era (yes, as in shakespeare) play?

i'm partially just asking for the sake of conversation, but i'm also considering, as just a personal vocabulary and writing exercise, rewriting one of them... in more modern, but more complex language... take iambic pentameter to anapestic octometer or something...

i'm thinking either hamlet, richard 3, or the tempest from shakespeare, marlowe's doctor faustus, or kyd's the spanish tragedy.

and i'd puts some tits on this but i'm typing from my phone, so somebody else is gonna have to.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
this might not be the place to ask... then again, i'd rather ask here than a bunch of art fag college student niggas...

i'm partially just asking for the sake of conversation, but i'm also considering, as just a personal vocabulary and writing exercise, rewriting one of them... in more modern, but more complex language... take iambic pentameter to anapestic octometer or something...

i'm thinking either hamlet, richard 3, or the tempest from shakespeare, marlowe's doctor faustus, or kyd's the spanish tragedy.

and i'd puts some tits on this but i'm typing from my phone, so somebody else is gonna have to.

sounds like college talk to me..

You'd have been better off just asking the art fags.

Art fag.

• Like 1

alright, my bad. there are threads for books and movies, don't see much difference. i expected the general ch0 flames, though.

honestly, the reason i like shakespeare is from hip-hop... he and other people from that era are a huge influence on my understanding of syllable placement and rhyme schemes, and i tend to judge rappers by the same criteria. i read the tempest because el-p's always talking about it and i was curious. and i've heard plenty of metal references to dr. faustus.

p.s. as far as my project... i guess i was thinking like that lyricist lounge thing if it had myka9 or aesop rock writing it and wasn't so corny... and i'm no good at storylines and crap so i figured i'd rewrite something.

El Sabnur -- I took some creative writing and literature classes but I never really cared for reading plays. I was younger though, so I just might have had my mind on some other dumb shit. There is one play I do remember and I still have the book from that class. It's Platus' The Brothers Menaechmus. It's a comedy, and considering it was writing before Jesus, it's actually funny. Maybe it's the translation, but definitely worth reading if you want to read plays.

honestly, the reason i like shakespeare is from hip-hop... he and other people from that era are a huge influence on my understanding of syllable placement and rhyme schemes, and i tend to judge rappers by the same criteria. i read the tempest because el-p's always talking about it and i was curious. and i've heard plenty of metal references to dr. faustus.

[ATTACH]144283.vB[/ATTACH]

facepalm.jpg.b9ee8cbfbdd48307fcd6b253f3c86ae6.jpg