Battle to the Death at Home Depot

geezpot

So you are chosen to compete against 9 other people. All ten of you are locked in a standard Home Depot, that is dark except the emergency lights above the exits. The goal is to kill one another to become the last man standing, last person alive gets to leave.

You are allowed to choose 3 pieces of equipment to aid you. Anything with a bar-code counts as one piece of equipment, for example, if you choose a nail gun, then a container of nails will be needed, so that would equal two pieces of equipment. If the equipment needs something to operate, like gas or batteries, the second thing will count as an item. You can use only the equipment you choose, no scalping from dead guys.

What three weapons would you choose, and what would be your strategy?

Discuss.

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XYlOD.jpg

2 claw hammers and a 3ft segment of metal plumbing

OR

1 garbage bag to smother stealthily

OR

maglite and a pack of batteries(to blind them with light like a cop) and some pepper spray....home depots here sell p spray near the registers

finish off with maglight to the back of neck

mexicans, while often found at home depot, do not have a barcode.

I would get an axe, a piece of thick sheet metal, and a welders mask, put the sheet metal against a corner, get behind it, crouch down, then swing when you got close. If yo try and nailgun me the sheet metal and welders mask will handle that no prob. I will at least be one of the last 2...

also NAILGUNS REQUIRE A HIGH PRESSURE AIR TANK.... I think for the most part. When i did construction every nail gun I ever seen was hooked to an air compressor

Remember the lights are not on, only the emergency exit lights.

If any of you guys have been in a huge store with all the lights out, it is fucking dark.

There will be parts of the store where you will see nothing.

and I will be in a dark corner, waiting, behind a sheet of metal backed in the corner... waiting

also I would take my chances with a metal axe over a chainsaw in this situation, where stealth can be used to your advantage

my choices would be: a big thing of kerosene or gasoline or any flammable liquid, a metal garbage can lid to use as a shield, and a machete

Then i would light the wood section of the store on fire with the kerosene, and dump the rest all over the place. While the store is burning down i run around with my shield and machete to go die a warriors death

A manager from a Home Depot posted this on another site.

"As a manager of a Home Depot, a few observations:

The rules say the store is dark, only lights from emergency exit signs. It gets dark as a cave in some parts of the store when the power goes off. We have flashlights stored at the front of the store for the cashiers to use during power failures to walk customers out of the store.

Everybody grabbing battery powered tools...the batteries have zero or almost no charge when you take them off the shelf.

I worked clean up in the old Arboretum store for several weeks after a kid almost burned the store down one night. He got bored waiting for his mom to pick out some paint and started a fire in the paint dept with a grill starter and some cardboard. The fire spread quickly and they barely got everybody out of the building, and the sprinklers kicked in and knocked down the worst of the fire. The sprinklers are loud, put out a LOT of water very fast, and make a huge slippery wet mess.

Being in the over heads would be a huge tactical advantage, you would have a lot of cover from projectile weapons and could very easily push over huge pallets of doors, windows, or appliances etc from a hidden position and squish your enemies like a bug.

The stores don't sell kitchen knives in store. We do sell machetes. We don't sell pre mixed gas and oil.

Muriatic acid is usually in the outside garden dept.

There is a lot of open space above the offices, bookkeeping, break room, training room, and janitors closet. Great places to hide. "

a large mirror

metal trashcan with metal, removable lid

a box of garbage bags.

at the beginning of the match, i will break the large mirror and use one shard as a weapon, another shard as a mirror to look around corners.

the lid of the trashcan would be used as a shied just incase someone wants to get something that propels objects. i cant think of anything sold at home depot that could penetrate a metal trashcan lid

box of garbage bags so if i am able to sneak up on someone from behind, i can cover thier head with the bags, cutting off their air and ability to scream out while a jab my shard of glass into their throat.

if you're going to make up some bullshit rule now that says i could only pick up one shard because each shard suddenly constitutes 1 item, then i'd just use one shard for both purposes and wipe the blood off on my clothes.

actually, i'd wipe it on my face so if i do go face to face with someone there will be that intimidation factor.

• Like 1