GRE's

the.crooked

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i did really well on mine. i felt pretty happy with it

i used a couple of those booklets for test prep.

what is really weird, is that as you take the test, like esp in the vocab, if you get an answer wrong, you'll usually know because the next question is super easy.. kind of a bummer so you have to stay really focused.

i took them befoer they introduced the essay,. adn you should be happy you don't have to do the analytical portion anymore, shit was a major bitch.

the writing was super easy.

didn't finish answering three math questions. still pulled a 660. should have broken 700

in no way am i happy with my verbal score. i'll be retaking it soon.

plan for next time, larger breakfast before hand. i was sort of feeling hypoglycemic during verbal

• 4 weeks later...

I took the GRE for to get into my graduate program. They just needed one on file, since they had already accepted me. So I walked in with no preparation. Somehow I got 620 for the Math, even though I hadn't taken it since high school. The questions were easy, far easier than the SAT if I remember correctly. I did terribly on the verbal, can't even remember. I took too long to complete the questions.

Yeah, it's new. But they are changing it next year. Oh the pains of standardized testing. They change so much that it betrays any potential long term function as an index of academic aptitude.

As for type of program, I'm looking for a PhD track program for philosophy. I'm hoping to work in an interdisciplinary fashion at the intersection of mid twentieth century philosophy of mathematics and epistemology and cognitive philosophy. I hope at least.