Seeking knowledge.

skeoh87

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ive been feeling the need to get deep lately and havent had anything to really delve into. Does any body have any links that'll lift my mental?

Maybe if you had asked the question a bit clearer you wouldn't have gotten flamed for most of your thread

@wafflecakes I was going to post two out of three as suggestions for him to read great choices right there props

@Rumblefish good stuff and I've never heard of that robert anton wilson book right now im finishing Prometheus Rising though.

So Skeoh here are some selections for you tried to vary it up so that no doubt you will find at least something to your liking

Short Fiction

Kafka

Philosophy

The Republic

Science (sorry no link to actual book but go check this out from the library and read it)

Fish

Comedy

Moliere

Fiction

The Idiot

Poetry

Rumi

Philosophy

Can't

History

American

Hippy bullshit

Walden

Also you might want to check the what are you reading Vol whatever thread for good books to check out instead of starting your own thread about it next time.

Oh and try checking THIS site out every day. If you do I guarantee you will disregard ignorance and acquire knowledge

Guest Ginger Bread Man

i feel the issue right off the bat is that you have no notion of what interests you nor the reason why you want to smarten yourself up.

to acquire true knowledge, YOU and only you will be the only being that will dictate what is good for yourself vs asking an internet forum to help you achieve this goal.

go outdoors, sit and meditate and learn how things work. change your way of thought and base it on a more logical model then and only then you will become intuitive and begin to think backwards trying to find resolution to certain things. you will soon find that although you knew nothing about a certain science you were dead on based on intuition and acquired knowledge in other fields.

you will be surprised at how science in general is built on the same principles and therefore easier than you think to solve.

in short, learn to play chess, this will help you to think more critically and problem solve.

critical thinkers have always been on the forefront of wisdom