Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nic Thamaire

NEW HARLEM RENAISSANCE GRAFFITI SHOW 2001

Originally posted by rancid:

I'm going, but is meres really a 'graffiti legend'?

don't diss,hes ok...the flyer said 'some of'..

you can ask the same about Ader..

I'm not dissing, I think meres is sweet, but I didn't know he was that well known. I only know of him becaus I met him.

Guest MR PACO SANCHO

C:America Online 6.0downloadgangster_firing_wildly_md_clr[1].gif'> I MIGHT JUST DRIVE BY

"Graffiti art is the greatest art movement of the twentieth century and beyond.."

wow, thats some large words.....sounds cool though....

Guest cracked ass

Min's gonna be there? I thought he went up for murder a while back. Maybe he's out already.

mere's burn most people--------------------------------------------------------------------------with his wildstyle

Guest EWOKONEDOTCOM

ADER IS OUT.

NOBODY RATTED AS MUCH.......REVS,SKUF,SCOPE,PSOUP, OH THAT GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE SWET,(EURO GUY)

WHATEVER.

Is it me, or is one of the graphics on the flyer actually a still from a windows screen saver?

Bump for keepin it ghetto*

meres isnt fuckin every magazine with his flics...but hes got a style thats his, and hes the hardest workin writer i've ever met...not to mention one of the most down to earth writer i've ever painted with...

Yes...the flyer is hideous. That is what can happen when you ask a friend to whip you up something for free and overnight. The good news is the show is going to be dope.I got a sneak preview of the work last night and there are all-new pieces from Zephyr, Duro, Stay-high149,FlinTop, etc, that I would love to have hanging over my living-room couch...and yes, Meres shit is tight too. Dont sleep!

well ROTGUT, if you think about it terms of influence, how many kids worldwide are currently practicing Cubism? Or Surrealism? Or any other art movement of the 20th century? Now ask your self how many kids are trying to write graffiti in every Nook and Eddy of the globe? And what other movement has spread on that level or has lasted as long with little or no funding from dealers or galleries or patrons? And without being taught in any major universities art-history curriculum? What movement has existed over thirty years illegally and under constant repression, attack, and general hatred? While it may not be the MOST important, it without a doubt the most resiliant. I mean, how many people post daily on "CUBISM" websites? When was the last time you even checked the Warhol site? Do you think that if they locked all the canvases behind razor wire fences with attack dogs that Andy Warhol would still have painted? I dunno. But just because your school doesn't recognise it , does not mean it is unimportant.

Originally posted by drake mallard:

meres isnt fuckin every magazine with his flics...but hes got a style thats his, and hes the hardest workin writer i've ever met...not to mention one of the most down to earth writer i've ever painted with...

true that========go to see meres!

yeah...i dunno..the greatest art movement of the 20th century? yeah, i guess picasso, warhol, dali, and pollock really do sit backseat to the act of painting your name really big on other peoples property.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

meres is definitely good people.. nice graff too..

scotch, next time you need a flyer made, drop me a line.. definitely down to support the cause...

if you on the run from vs.. stay home !!If you got beef and dont want it .. stay home ..IF you cant control ya temper and see one ya got beef wit ..stay home !.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this