Discovery / History channel on recall people

Manute Bol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
How the fuck you think they got the shot to do so? I doubt History Channel is gunna sponsor these guys if they weren't already established.

Crit.Ical. Think.Ing.

I'm just wondering how it could be lucrative at all, considering that all the money is split between 3 people, and that their "biggest finds ever" only make them like 15 grand max.

I'm not into monster quest or 911 crap but I have seen cool stuff on Modern Marvels and any other kind of historically correct show. I'm talking about the obvious good shows over here like the ones posted. I like watching shows about theory as well, even if I don't agree, it's interesting to hear some of the smartest people in the worlds thoughts on subjects.

Some things people find boring I find really interesting.

*signature

I'm just wondering how it could be lucrative at all, considering that all the money is split between 3 people, and that their "biggest finds ever" only make them like 15 grand max.

People are fuckin retarded and want retarded things that are "antiquated"

"No no the rust and rich patina gives it great value as an icon of American made carburetors"

Nah that shit is doo doo and I hope it gives your loved ones tetanus.

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Please elaborate.

For example, I watched ancient aliens yesterday and the narrator affirms a possibility of something and then they cut to some dude to re enforce their postulation but the dude is speaking on such vague terms that the editor decides it "can" fit in to support the claims.

In another segment the commentator postulates and doesn't even attempt to support his claim with an interview or evidence, he just simply asks and responds with no evidence what so ever.

It's like saying many believe the bible gives reference to aliens and then 3 minutes later saying, yes the bible refers to Aliens without "any" citations to sustain your claim.

Also the stupid suspense music after everything was old 5 years agO.

Remember when the History Channel was actually about history and WWII and shit? Not twenty different reality meth road truckers, killer krab shows?

BACK IN THE DAY

This right here...I'll watch Gangland and Pawn Stars for the entertainment value/I do like em but fuck 90 percent of the shows on the History Channel these days...what ya'll know about the lives of the czars or dark ages series?

That's the real shit, I don't even get how a lot of these new shows they're running have shit to do with history...also Modern Marvels has always been stupid and boring.

/Sortaannoyed

Axe men was good too

axmen33.jpg

MANLY MAN STUFF

Ginger bread man, you need to calm down just cause some theoretical show about "aliens" didn't have enough back behind it :lol:

THEY COULDN'T EVEN PROVE ALIENS EXIST THEY HAD NO EVIDENCE AND THE SUSPENCE MUSIC SUCKZ RARARARA

American pickers is interesting too, as fake as you wanna call the business, that shit they are showing on camera is real. Same with Pawn stars.

Remember when the History Channel was actually about history and WWII and shit? Not twenty different reality meth road truckers, killer krab shows?

BACK IN THE DAY

^^^THIS! The History Channel used to be a lot better. I just checked today's schedule and it's a marathon of "Mega Disasters" and "Chasing Mummies." The only time it breaks from that is to go to some reality TV bullshit during prime time. I think the reason I never watch History Channel anymore is because of this kind of programming. I will give them credit for doing that one series on Warriors of History (or something like that). That show was really well done.

But all of these channels have kind of gone to shit. BRAVO used to show good movies and have the "Actor's Studio." Now it's just a bunch of bullshit overly produced "reality" shows. Top Chef is still great, but the rest of the air time on that channel is bullshit compared to the past. My girlfriend watches those Housewives shows because of the train wreck affect. All of those bitches need to be impaled on fly swatter stakes!

The Discovery Channel has actually improved in my eyes due to reality TV. They're probably the only channel that has improved their content by doing reality TV.

Don't even get me started on TLC. That fucking channel is a bucket of shit.

^^^THIS! The History Channel used to be a lot better. I just checked today's schedule and it's a marathon of "Mega Disasters" and "Chasing Mummies." The only time it breaks from that is to go to some reality TV bullshit during prime time. I think the reason I never watch History Channel anymore is because of this kind of programming. I will give them credit for doing that one series on Warriors of History (or something like that). That show was really well done.

But all of these channels have kind of gone to shit. BRAVO used to show good movies and have the "Actor's Studio." Now it's just a bunch of bullshit overly produced "reality" shows. Top Chef is still great, but the rest of the air time on that channel is bullshit compared to the past. My girlfriend watches those Housewives shows because of the train wreck affect. All of those bitches need to be impaled on fly swatter stakes!

The Discovery Channel has actually improved in my eyes due to reality TV. They're probably the only channel that has improved their content by doing reality TV.

Don't even get me started on TLC. That fucking channel is a bucket of shit.

Yeah like what the fuck? Was there some behind the scenes corporate take over a couple years ago where everything changed?

Anyone remember TechTV?

TLC is jokes. I swear the fat cats at TLC have little people/morbid obese/ fetishes.

On top of that, let's give them a round of applause for their Humanitarian work. Their show Pageant kids or whatever it's called hooks pedophiles UP SON! Now they can just stay home and enjoy instead of Aqualunging.

locked up abroad is one of the best shows i've ever seen...had it in the last apt i shared with a roomate(nat geo that is) def miss that channel being in the guide.

I too remember the golden years of History channel where it was nothing but b&w war footage 24 hrs a day..that just sort of reminded me how everything is going to shit..mtv and vh1 used to be good/great..TNN is now the spike/UFC channel..god damn even nickelodeon (sp?)

There's some dude called "Joe Hardcore" in Philly too.

He hangs out with a few writers and I've even seen a couple Joe Hardcore straightletters.

... NIGGA WRITE A BOOK WITH ALL THIS SHIT YOU KNOW ABOUT GRIMEY WRITERS FROM INNER CITIES.

swear, everytime someone mentions somebody....

"OH JOSE GARCIA THE THIRD? THE REAL JOSE GARCIA THE THIRD ONER IS FROM PHILLY, HE'S BEEN CATCHING TAGS SINCE I WAS KICKFLIPPING OVER YOU IN DIAPERS"

/nobeefjustsayin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
locked up abroad is one of the best shows i've ever seen...had it in the last apt i shared with a roomate(nat geo that is) def miss that channel being in the guide.

I too remember the golden years of History channel where it was nothing but b&w war footage 24 hrs a day..that just sort of reminded me how everything is going to shit..mtv and vh1 used to be good/great..TNN is now the spike/UFC channel..god damn even nickelodeon (sp?)

Well, I mean, there is only so much film from those days, they had to run out some time.

History channel still makes some good war doc's