goin vegetarian, real healthy shit mah dude..

jugzer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

impossible to be straight vegan, you use animal products at some point in your life.

like yer own dick

What? You eat your own dick? That's amazing...and gross. But do you.

Now I know why your SN is sausage party.

• Like 1

i've been doing fine as a vegetarian for 15 years. ok pescetarian but the seafood intake is VERY low. and i don't eat cow milk.

i haven't found i've needed to do much worrying. i eat a balanced diet though, and i cook a LOT. if you don't cook for yourself it's going to be tough.

restaurants don't get it. they think all vegetarians like bland food or something. why can't i find a decent veggie version of lasagna or shepherd's pie in a restaurant? because people fucking suck.

i don't eat much tofu either.

I think chicken is way worse than pork and it's easily substituted with turkey.

jugzer, aren't you Muslim? Why would pork even be an issue?

Symbols, why would you expect to get good lasagne or shepherd's pie at a restaurant? Whenever I go out to eat (it's rare) I don't expect much variety unless I'm at a veggie spot, but either way I don't go hungry.

Being vegan is a touchy subject with me. I don't buy leather but I'll wear a free pair of shoes. My bike seat is leather because I haven't found anything better than a Brooks. And I've had it for seven years so that cow didn't exactly die without a purpose.

I have been vegan, militantly so. I was young and didn't know better. Now I don't care unless I see an animal being abused, then it all comes back to me and not in a good way. But do I get bent out of shape over people wearing a leather jacket or eating a cheeseburger? No. That would be me interfering in someone's personal life.

Anyone who tells you different on either side of the argument can go eat dicks with sausage party.

I eat meat, chicken, fish and I'm in great shape because I eat healthy and exercise daily. When you break it all down health comes from how well you take care of your body. If you eat shitty food all of the time you're most likely going to be in bad shape. Going veggie just for health's sake always seemed odd considering how much more difficult it can make getting you daily food values. If you do it for moralistic reasons i can understand it better, even if i don't necessarily agree with you.

as far as the whole muslim thing, i do that in moderation.

i dont really eat pork, like pork chops and ham,

but i do make an exception for bacon.

even my bacon consumtion has gone down

alot lately, just due to not eating fast food.

my shits also stink alot less these days

I rarely eat a meal without meat in it, so I don't understand how people can go a whole life without it. Red meat is especially tasty.

Vegetarian I guess I can kind of see (cause you can eat such awesome things as cheese pizza, or eggplant parm), but vegan? Never. Don't understand how people do it.

KGP did it for years, and finally admitted that it made him feel sick and weak all the time, so he went back to being a regular vegetarian. I'm hoping, one day, I'll get him back to the meat side, no homo.

Edit: I also despise nothing more in the word than a militant vegan. KGP's ex was like that, bitch always was pushy with her beliefs

all u have to do to make wheat gluten:

-get a bunch of whole wheat berries (theyre like 98 cents a lb)

-grind it all up (use a blender or coffee grinder if u have to, but get it as fine as u can)

-mix it with HALF as much water ( 10 cups of wheat = 5 cups of water)

-put all that in a dough machin or just use something to mix it all up so its like dough

-when its all dough-like, then u just cover it with water enough, then mash it with ur hands and the water will turn white, so u pour off the water.

-pour off water, and take a handful of this shit at a time, and start kneading the shit out of it under a SLOW (really thin) trickle/stream of warm water (in the faucet dummy), best to do this over a colander in case u drop any ( a spaghetti strainer)

-keep kneading this shit piece by piece under the water trickle until most of the white is washed away, and what u have in ur hands is like really super-stretchy

-when its reall stretchy (each piece) u put it on a plate to dry, then once all ur pieces are ready, u put them all together again into one big ass stretchy piece of "dough" (gluten)

OK now what u do is make a big thing of flavoring mix, like about 2-3 cups worth or more

I USE:

-a little bit of soy sauce ( like enough to cover the bottom of the glass measuring cup shit, a

few tablespoons or w/e)

-a bunch of water

-crushed up dried onions / onion powder/ finely chopped onions

-finely chopped garlic / garlic powder

-salt and pepper

-cayenne if u want

-what other flavors float your flavor boat

make sure this is all about like 3-4 or more cups worth of flavoring mixture, it should still be sorta potent even if its that watered down, depends on what u like, then u take a TABLESPOON of this stuff, and mix it into the dough u have (make a cup out of the dough then ppour a spoonful in) then knead the flavor all up in this dough

ok so that gives u flavor into the stuff, NOW u wanna stretch this shit out on the cutting board and pound the shit out of it as much as u can and stretch as thin as you cna, til its like steak-thickness, then ui just cut it up into strips of "steak"

now to cook this shit all you gotta do is get a big ass frying pan, and fill it with some of that flavor mixture u had, and then put as many pieces of this "steak" that u can fit on the frying pan, makin sure that they are covered with this flavor-water.

poke a few holes in each steak so the flavor sinks in

make sure they are underneath the water this whole time (submerged) and cook this on medium or w/e for about an hour or so, and dont let the stuff evaporate, if the level of this water stuff goes down u jsut keep adding more constantly, to keep the flavors marinating into this "steak" stuff

ok once it looks like they might be sorta done they should be nice and cooked but tender, u wanna haave your oven set to like 400 or less maybe like 362 or some shit

then, u just put all these little steak-ass niggas on a metal cookie shit (spray that shit with some pam) and let them get dry up in that oven for about another hour or so maybe 45 minutes or less, just gotta make sure they dont get too damn dry, but so that they are still thoroughly cooked . spray a shit load of pam on there i guess is what u should do.

once these steak shits are done and ur time is up, u refrigerate them until ur ready to: cook it up again on the frying pan for tacos n shit, throw em on the barbeque or whatever, microwave em for ur sandwiches, they are usually good to eat already by this time, but if ur gonna make some fresh food, u best cook them again right before serving them.

and thats how u make some good ass wheat steak

whatever you decide, just keep at it. the first month or so may be hard, but it does get easier. i'm going on 6+ years without eating red meat. the last couple of months i have tried going pescaterian, but it's been kinda hard. i was/am so used to eating chicken, though i only eat it once in a while. i basically live off of veggie dishes, fish (sashimi and sushi mostly) and fruit. i snack alot on nuts, no homo. I haven't had a soda in years either and only on super special occasions will i eat a processed sugar desserts. usually a piece of fresh fruit will be my dessert, when i have dessert.

Act like your intestines have a built in refrigerator when you shit out that double quarter pounder with cheese next week.

I'm no expert and definitely don't feel sorry for an exploited bee. But I imagine if you don't chase that bacon wrapped, ground beef filled pizza sandwich coca cola dipping sauce with some chlorophyll then you're more than likely gonna die on the shitter with one hand on your dick and the other holding a hustler.

Act hard.