goin vegetarian, real healthy shit mah dude..

jugzer

This is one of the first threads to come up in Channel Zero in a while where I feel like I'm on safe ground...so feel free to bring the heat as long as it's somewhat intelligent and informed and I'll debate you. The meatheads will probably be ignored unless they feel up to going on a fifteen mile hike with me, at my pace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like animals and I don't hate on vegetarians, but the whole moral high ground/health aspect is bullshit. It's not any more healthy than a meat diet as long as you eat lean meat. Not to mention half the vegetarians I get telling me to go vegetarian are guzzling 4 liters of Coke per day and 50 pounds overweight talkin' bout health benefits and how they feel renewed since cutting out meat. Fuck outta' my face.

I don't care what study said he, she, who , what is affected by estrogen in what way. Those studies are usually debunked after a few years anyway. I'd rather have it not in my body so I can steady get random hard ons and not turn into a passive turd.

Asians eat MAAAAAAAAAD soy.

Asians have small dicks and are generally subservient pussies.

Bruce Lee gnawed on dead animal.

He was not a pussy.

End thread.

BRUCE LEE AND CONAN THE BARBARIAN TRUMP ANY BOOK YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE, SO STOP NOW.

I could keep up on that hike.

In sand, uphill.

Moonwalking? With heavy farm equipment in the way?

Let's make this real interesting.

Some of you should read "Diet For A New America" and a couple Rodale Press books, then get back to me. I only have my experience and rather limited knowledge to fall back on, but all the arguments against factory farming and monoculture are in there and backed up with facts and figures.

Edit- For me, it's not about personal choices regarding diet or what you wear. It's more important to be able to make informed decisions about your purchases, because that's a far more effective agent for change than me telling people they're wrong...they deserve the freedom to come to their own conclusions.

I thought I'd miss all that Morningstar/Boca/Tofurky stuff more but it's been easy so far. There's a store here called Layonna that offers a lot of gluten and sweet potato products, but I want to see how long I can go without it.

Moonwalking? With heavy farm equipment in the way?

It's more important to be able to make informed decisions about your purchases

In full goalie pads and a lead vest.

Also, I can get with smart purchasing. Voting with dollars is way more effective than most activism.

I just ate a vegetarian chili cheese dog.

It was delicious, but not even close to being healthy.

Although, I am sure it was healthier than had it been made with meat.

Well calling a regular hotdog "meat" is a stretch. They're all by products and nitrates. Most of that fake meat is junk wrapped up in a healthy label, though. Like WOW chips.

What's with fake meat anyway?

Why bother?

tofu is gross as it gets, im tellin u man, the best way is to make some wheat gluten, that shit is wayyy bomb, and the whole "anti-gluten" thing is just hype..

its way better for you then soy

oh and bean burgers (homemade) are the beezy too, AND if u make a bean burger with corn in it, or some kind of grain in it, the bean+corn (or grain) combines to porovide complete protein//

the only truly 100%-complete protein in plants (meaning it has every amino acid) is hemp, and thats the fact. they say soy is close, but it still doesnt match up, its only a bean, and there are much tastier less-faggy beans out there (pinto black etc) so u just combine those with some corn and its good to go..

milk substitute = horchata

egg substitute = idk... eggplant?

I've been reading about cloning meat in a lab to make it cruelty free for the PETA folks, lean and healthy for the health nuts, and free of hormones.

I'd be really interested to see what that tastes like.

I would imagine that it would also cut down on the waste produced by factory farms, so it's also good for the environment, and it would cut down on the over head on farms too. Seems like a win for every involved other than those who breed farm animals.

http://medicalrobotics.blogspot.com/2010/02/2010-cloned-meat-update.html

cruelty free... except cutting the mother plant's (animals) limb off of course..

the leg will just grow other legs like a mj clone grows nugs..

:lol:

oh and honestly on the meat tip, unless u have complete proteins in ur diet somehow (like beans +rice, or beans + corn) ur gonna be craving meat, and its gonna suck, but if u substitute some good combinations to make protein, then u will be fine, cuz i know hemp isnt the easiest to come by in this country

VV im glad u have to waste a post to tell me that VV

Most of that fake meat is junk wrapped up in a healthy label, though. Like WOW chips.

What's with fake meat anyway?

Why bother?

One major problem I have with fake meat is that it's way overpackaged. That place Layonna I mentioned sells in bulk and you're encouraged to bring your own containers, so that's cool...but your average veggie burger is wrapped, then boxed, then shrinkwrapped for good measure...all meat gets is a piece of paper. Makes no fucking sense whatsoever (besides the added cost) but it sure shoots any "green" cache the product may have in the foot.

One thing I've been reading a lot about lately is "greenwashing." Sort of fits with this thread, I suppose.

One major problem I have with fake meat is that it's way overpackaged. That place Layonna I mentioned sells in bulk and you're encouraged to bring your own containers, so that's cool...but your average veggie burger is wrapped, then boxed, then shrinkwrapped for good measure...all meat gets is a piece of paper. Makes no fucking sense whatsoever (besides the added cost) but it sure shoots any "green" cache the product may have in the foot.

One thing I've been reading a lot about lately is "greenwashing." Sort of fits with this thread, I suppose.

Over-packaging is pox that should be dealt with swiftly and brutally. The Japanese are by far the worst culprits. They are so caught up in presentation that they don't notice that they just tripled the price of something that should be ridiculously cheap by making the packaging outrageous and ornate.

I'd say that organic food falls into this thread too.

That shit is a sham and plays on your guilt to suck your bank account dry.

The only type of organic food I could see being worth buying would be the meat (vegetarians please ignore) because it's free range and better for the environment, but does it still get slaughtered at the same place as the rest of the cattle?

Cigarettes, red meat, and beer. Fuck it.

To be fair though, I have no problem going without red meat and I thoroughly enjoy a lot of vegetarian food. I just don't feel inclined to limit myself to what i can and can't eat. For the most part these days, my animal intake is turkey, chicken and seafood, but I like the option of getting a burger or a bloody rare steak and not having to say, "nah br0, I only eat tofu and garden fresh veggies grown in alpaca shit, watered with Fiji bottled water."

Also, has anyone else noticed that like 99% of the super elitist, preachy, vegan/vegetarian health freaks smoke cigarettes like crazy? Seriously, if you're going to try to lecture me on how terrible my health is because i eat meat and how you're being so healthy by eating nothing but raw radishes and organic goji berries or some other bullshit, you probably shouldn't be smoking a parliament light every 45 seconds. Faggots.

fucking faggots. humans only evolved from homonids because they stopped being tree dwelling herbivores and became omnivores. meat in all forms was critical to the brain evolving, all these faggots talking about meat being unnatural can go fuck themselves.

this trend has been around for at best 3000 years, human ancestors eating meat has been around for around 7 million years...fucking idiots.

"nah br0, I only eat tofu and garden fresh veggies grown in alpaca shit, watered with Fiji bottled water."[/color][/i][/b]

That...was amusing.

Also, has anyone else noticed that like 99% of the super elitist, preachy, vegan/vegetarian health freaks smoke cigarettes like crazy? Seriously, if you're going to try to lecture me on how terrible my health is because i eat meat and how you're being so healthy by eating nothing but raw radishes and organic goji berries or some other bullshit, you probably shouldn't be smoking a parliament light every 45 seconds. Faggots.

That coupled with the fact that a lot of them are fucking waif thin and resemble Justin Beiber.