goin vegetarian, real healthy shit mah dude..

jugzer

so ive been doing the healthy thing.

i cut soda and red meat out of my diet.

feels good man. i mean, i have basically

living off fruits, water, and good trees.

but i love meat..ll..

so im wondering if i should

just stay a chicken and fish dude,

if i should go just pescatarian,

or straight veg, and maybe even

vegan?

what should i do?

ps: bacon consumption is not affected by any of this

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not about to tell you how to live or get into a discussion about the ins and outs of meat consumption, but listening to most vegetarians and the USDA about anything to do with your diet will only steer you in the wrong direction.

Whatever you do, don't replace your protein sources with soy protein or you will turn into a woman.

Meat is not bad for you as long as you eat lean, dense, nutrient packed cuts and stay away from bullshit that is soaked in gravies, salted, pickled bullshit etc...

Modern diets are fucked because our bodies have not changed much in 40,000 years.

But the world has. Agriculture, migration, etc...

Eat at the edge of the supermarket and stay out of the aisles and you will be okay.

Just make sure you eat real food and not a bunch of powders and shitty supplements to take their place.

yea, i just decided, fuck all this bullshit im feeding myself.

my mom actually told me i was getting fat, and slapped

my tittie like "what the fuck is this?" so thats when i

decided the fast food life was catchin up, and i need

to make a change.

its alot easier on the wallet too

but, i mean, i could just replace it with like beans and tofu, right?

if you actually read ingredients, you will find tons of foods that have protein.

you should also replace empty carbs with complex carbs, there's protein in those too.

lot of people gain a ton of weight when they go veg b/c they start eating lots of bad carbs.

once you get used to it, it's not so difficult. good luck.

I haven't eaten meat since 1996 and it hasn't slowed me down one bit. I'm slowly cutting soy out of my diet as well.

But that's me, not you. Your body will tell you what it needs, pay attention to it.

Also, try exercise. If you're active and your diet doesn't make a huge difference in your physique, then that's the way you're meant to look. Inshallah.

my meat alternative = homemade wheat gluten

so easy to make, just using whole wheat from the "organic" whole foods store, it only costs like 5 bucks to make a week worth of steaks or w/e

also, tons of mushrooms mimic the meaty flavors of flesh, if cooked correctly, there are even mushrooms that have a sea-food taste..

one thing i would advise to stay away from is nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and peppers)

white and black "peppers" (corns) are alright, and sweet potatoes are not nightshades so they are fine,

it's just that nightshades have toxic alkaloids in them, they are in the same family as tobacco, in fact potatoes actually contain traces of nicotine.

ever heard of datura or jimson weed? yeah, those are nightshades also.

/knowledge

also if your gonna substitute beans for protein, make sure you combine beans with rice, or beans with corn so tyhat i makes complete proteins, otherwise it will be sorta useless..

beans + corn

beans + pasta

beans + grains

beans + rice etc etc

lentils and noodles you know.

but in the end, the greatest protein we can put into our bodies that is 1005 VEGAN is ....

HEMP nigga

eat your damn nuggies once in a while, bake it into your bread or something, get stoned / healthy at the same time.

dont eat the seeds! plant those motha fuckas..

peace!

i mean i grow tomatoes and stuff, its just i been reading, and they say like the tomatoes u buy at the supermarket are picked when they are un-ripe, so a lot more of the toxic alkaloids accumilate at that time, they jsut turn red after being picked..

so like, if u grew ur own and picked them when they were completely RIPE they wouldnt be as bad.

no big deal, but i been thinkin about makin stuff without tomatoes, like usin root veggies instead of, u know like rutabega n all that stuff, plus u can use tumeric root or w/e fopr spiceyness instead of peppers..

just sayin, nightshades look the spawn of satan usually, doesnt mean i dont like em