12oz. Paint shop now open for business.

webmaster

Shai is right on the economic side of it, in reality this shop needs to be turning profits and having accessable stock, while limited runs of maybe 50 shirts of some ch0 tees would probably sell out (but they wouldn't be turning much, if any profit), if they did larger numbers they would be left with stock on their hands turning a loss.

I would much prefer normal 12oz shirts that would be more attractive to everyone rather than just ch0 heads.

But the shop has potential for a lot of good stuff in there, just look at all the product ideas in Click-Clack's thread in duty free about products, also original artworks/prints would be good as well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that thread, there were some good ideas in there.

The other thing is that promoting Channel Zero memes doesn't necessarily promote 12 oz....they could throw a 12 oz logo in there, but if they're gonna spend money on that they should just blow up the logo and skip the joke.

Seeing things this way has absolutely nothing with how I feel about Channel Zero, it's just me looking at the bigger picture. Anything that benefits 12 oz as a whole directly benefits Channel Zero...which should appeal to some of the selfish tendencies here.

pretty sure the point of this thread was to spread the gospel there open and ready for buisness, not a way for a buncha underappreciated 12 once wannabe prophets that fall just shy of the poverty line and there metafuckingphysical uber corny marketing strategies.

not at decey, not even at spetzlecat.

do you have any idea how much of a jackass you come across dropping this gem:

This might get a little more wordy for some of you, so if you aren't trying to know head here.

the "head here" is a link to the smash or trash thread.

*facepalm

Here's something else I just thought of while I was out having a cigarette.

Without going too in depth into what I know, the store took a lot of time and effort notwithstanding the initial investment to just get it off the ground. That's on top of what it costs to keep the site going and future costs of improvements.

If people were to market shirts through the store and split the take with the site, it would be a great way to give something back while promoting the art and talents of the people who represent Channel Zero.

Or you can sit around and do nothing with what you have to offer while wishing for things that will never happen because the money to make them possible isn't there.

I'm rarely here anymore, I have my own life to lead outside of the internet. Me being here right now is kind of a fluke, so I'm making the best of it by bringing some of my ideas to the table.

If people were to market shirts through the store and split the take with the site, it would be a great way to give something back while promoting the art and talents of the people who represent Channel Zero.

I thought this as well, but was more thinking along the prints/artwork idea, obviously the site would need some kind of quality checking on here, but there are a lot of talented artists on here and would be a good way to make themselves some money and support the site, original canvases, framed sketches, prints etc

I'm certainly not saying that I don't think ch0 tees wouldn't be cool, I would definitely wear them even though I have never met anyone in person that actually uses the site and no-one would get the joke but that shit would be for me.

If 12oz was to make tshirts, they'd have to be universal, something anyone (not really anyone) would want to buy. ie. they could go viral on one of those hype websites of whatever hipsters read.

Tshirts consisting of Ch0 inside jokes and whatever would not be easy to sell. There would be maybe 30-40 regulars here that would buy that. Anyone outside of the group ending up on the website would be scratching their heads going "the fucks a POZ?"

Agree with shai that the economics of this don't make sense.

i'm still waiting to see the urban renewal project shirts. i used to look forward to the catalogs back in the day. btw, are you guys shipping out of ny on the paint?

also, it would be sick if you could get those boston thins, along with the female rusto caps.

props on the new store and for going with the spanish montana.

I thought this as well, but was more thinking along the prints/artwork idea, obviously the site would need some kind of quality checking on here, but there are a lot of talented artists on here and would be a good way to make themselves some money and support the site, original canvases, framed sketches, prints etc

I've been pushing for something like that for a while, but it would take a level of cross-promotion/coordination I don't think is there right now. With everything else that's happening I think we're at least a year away from a project like that, but....well, let's just say that some of the upcoming features on the site could facilitate that, and we'll wait and see.

I don't have a clear picture as to who does what around here as far as what the members have to offer, but I do know what some of you have going on and I think you should be looking at this as an untapped market. There's several ways you could promote yourselves without stepping on any toes...and if you were to offer to cut Raven in I'm sure he would give you a chance to pitch your ideas.

• Like 1

I know a solution that wouldn't cost 12oz any money:

Cafepress. It's heat pressed graphics made to order.

If 12oz wanted to do some Channel Zero meme shirts,

this would be the way to go.

They could probably hold a contest for designs (b/c they

may not have time to do such things) and people who

want to buy a shirt or two could. No impact on 12oz funds

and they would make a little scratch on the side.

Or maybe they could let a member handle it and release

permission to use the 12oz logo (as long as the shirt is

somewhat tasteful, I'd imagine). That would give 12oz

free advertising, but profits would be falling in someone

elses lap. That would be kinda shitty. Especially considering

use of logo, etc.

Win/Win?

I can't see that NOT working as long as the quality is there. If this was a DIY venture people could send samples in for approval.

Exactly. There would be no monetary investment on 12oz's part.

P.S.: Anyone got a spare flux capacitor laying around? Megan Fox's thumbs scare

the shit out of me.

Yes, buying paint from the toy sites out there diminishes your rep down to nothing.

The only thing better than 12oz's shop is actually grinding pigments and mixing your own spray paint,

and pressurizing your own cans with it while creating your own caps by carving them from the teeth of toys.

Does 12oz have a minimum order policy?

We do not have a minimum order policy, but keep in mind that the cost of shipping will probably be fairly expensive on small orders. If you really want to pay to ship one can, it's up to you, but you'll get a lot more value for your money by paying for shipping on a larger order.

also this was pointed out elsewhere but this made me laugh in the store FAQs

How do you make Krink?

Seriously, if you gotta ask stupid questions like that you're on the wrong site cause around here stuff like that will get you humiliated or banned. (Probably both). Plenty of toy graffiti sites out there, so scram!

Shai Halud: relax, take a breather. it's only channel 0. I know you were gone for a little bit and you're chomping at the bits to say whatever snotty thing to come out your brain. chill br0.

Had you been paying attention you'd notice that I didn't dismiss the idea of Channel Zero merch out of hand, I said that it would be impractical for 12 oz to fund the creation and stocking of niche items. So I came up with an alternative that would cost 12 oz significantly less to work with that casek expanded on.

I have experience in this area, I'm just trying to share what I know. So...no, YOU chill.

On a side note, that thread you made in Duty Free is a good idea.

i truly believe there are plenty of ch.0 heads that would support said t-shirts being made.

ESpecially those which have had a long time involvement within 120z(which is kind of a lot.)

Like, how could anyone in here possibly not be 100% down to buy some shirt with "umad"

on it or any other popular inside joke(insert sracasm)(kind of.)

The shopping cart feature seems a little buggy, changes the number of items in cart depending on what you are looking at.

i'm still waiting to see the urban renewal project shirts. i used to look forward to the catalogs back in the day. btw, are you guys shipping out of ny on the paint?

also, it would be sick if you could get those boston thins, along with the female rusto caps.

props on the new store and for going with the spanish montana.

no urban renewal tees, and paint get shipped from west coast.