12oz. Paint shop now open for business.

webmaster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Channel Zero should have it's own line of shirts...seriously.

Think about it...

Giant red text that reads "HAHAHAHAHA" across the whole front.

UMAD?

KC Kid/Phene bootlegs

I saw Catface's titties

Extreme Hammock (for teh oldschoolers)

_CH.0 Gang$ta 4 Lyfe!!11!_

how could you forget wonk saggin!?

as of right now we are only selling domestic....no Australia and yes to Canada

Sorry no art of getting over at the moment we might start selling more books but at the moment we are starting with mainly MTN spanish paint and KKRINK.. we are the main flagship online stores for both..

Also yes 12oz Tees are in the making. Stay tuned.

If there's 12oz Tees in production there better be shipping to Australia!

But seriously, I would buy shit if it shipped here.

And whoever else has said laptop/netbook/ipod/iphone skins.. That'd be sweet.

iPhone shop works well, so an app would be dope.

stop spamming your boys mailorder casek.:lol:

I plan on getting into my Delorean and traveling back to 1995 and ordering caps

for cheap.

I will then flood the market with cheap caps so I can corner the market for German

skinnies (grey with the black button. no one needs these fancy new fangled caps).

Also, I'm going to kidnap Megan Fox and fix her thumbs.

I plan on getting into my Delorean and traveling back to 1995 and ordering caps

for cheap.

I will then flood the market with cheap caps so I can corner the market for German

skinnies (grey with the black button. no one needs these fancy new fangled caps).

Also, I'm going to kidnap Megan Fox and fix her thumbs.

can you grab me a few hundred cases of krylon terracotta while you're there?

Ch 0 shirts would be hilarious, despite what old man Shai has to say. Dude is super cranky about everything Ch 0

Big Red HAHAHAHA test shirt

And DAO mugshot shirts would be awesome

also the king of 12oz RIP KC Kid shirts

I'm looking at this from a way different perspective than you may think. This might get a little more wordy for some of you, so if you aren't trying to know head here.

Original+funny+universal appeal will mean lots of shirts being sold.

In-jokes that have to be broken down with a Cliff Notes version of Channel Zero and a back-story...not quite as successful.

It would go something like this-

Someone points at your Channel Zero meme shirt and says "What does that mean?"

You sit there and try to explain it and they say something like "Oh" or "..."

It has to do with semotics. People aren't going to be interested unless they get the joke right away. The only way they're going to laugh is if they're in on the joke or it's something they can immediately relate to.

Once you look at it from a dollars and cents standpoint, the investment of capital in indulging the back-patting tendencies of a small segment of its audience doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Now, if they were to market shirts that were user-made- sort of like a limited edition "greatest hits" collection- that could work, but it would take a certain level of commitment from the users. Is that there? I don't know...one way to find out is if they want to take a chance on that. Or someone could make an Etsy store and link it through the 12 oz store.

This comes from previous experience with printing semi-large runs of t-shirts for messenger events and art that didn't sell.

They came out great, that wasn't the issue...we used good stock and the prints were solid, but the only people who bought them were the ones who understood the message. At the time I was pushing for quarterly runs of 50 at a time sold for $15 a shirt to create a limited edition item that would generate some buzz/demand, then the print shop went and did 500 at a time, priced them at $10 and ended up making shop rags out of the 350 they got stuck with. So they DID double their take, but lost their ass on overstock. This happened on more than one occasion, and every time they would propose a run like this I'd say "Guys, remember the last time you tried to do this? Don't play yourself again." (I was sharing space in the shop and not connected to the print business directly, but I helped them out and offered advice since I had a stake in the space and overall profits.)

They never did, and while it wasn't the reason they went under it definitely didn't help.

For 12 oz to do a run of shirts that could potentially turn a profit they would have to commit to making no less than 500 or so at a time. If only 50 people buy them then it fucks with their money.

I'm looking at it like...user generated content taken to the next level. Etsy stores are free, and individuals can do smaller runs and still turn a profit if they do the printing themselves. If 12 oz promotes it through the store, it would be a good way to generate interest and gauge what kind of success it would have on a larger scale.