INCEPTION

HUSK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm gonna see it again this week.

I think another person brought up how nolan uses the films he's making to sort of highlight the movie making process. I think this movie is most certainly that.

At least, it's a representation of life as we experience it regularly, and in that way, a collaborative creative process will always mimic those interactions. As we move through the world, we experience what we believe to be a space occupied by ourselves and people which may or may not be an external part of that world. We are in the world and of the world, which makes our consciousness embedded within that system. When we consider that there are others in the world as well, we have to appreciate the loop this starts to create between what I see as the world, how I see others, and how those others have that same perceptual process.

It makes living and experiencing existence a performance of creation and discovery. In the film, they each had a dream to perceive and to create, but it wasn't until they experienced that creation with others (aka discovered it) that it "existed." Our experience of the real world is no different. We move into experiences and spaces we have never been. They only exist to us in so much as we can experience them in a given moment. It's that process of discovery which pulls us into each next moment, and it is the paralleled experience and creative perception of others which helps us build the reality around us.

(A very loaded paragraph, yes, but there is backing to it. I'm speaking mostly metaphorically about the words we use to describe experience and existence, since those words are tied to the physical embodiment of our experiences by the neural structures in our brains. If anyone is actually interested in having a discussion like this, that's awesome, otherwise, ignore me as usual)

Really though, the movie is pretty fantastic the more I think about it. Brought up a lot of thoughts from Alduous Huxley and Henri Bergson for me. If you are interested in some of the metaphysical claims about reality and how we create it, you should totally check out Bergson's perception of consciousness and time. He leaves out space, but that's just a mistake on his part.

At any rate. I think I'll see it again tomorrow.

• Like 2

Is Ellen Page a dyke? She sure walks like one.

My girlfriend thinks so. When she was on The Craig Fergusson show she was talking about her dogs. She said something that I guess sounded like "my partner takes care of them when I'm gone, she loves them" or something like that. I have no clue what the real quote was, but my girl said that was a pretty good hint she likes the taco and not the hot dog.

How Come when they were in the first dream of the 3 dream sequence thing when they where in the warehouse after the train had ran through the town and all that. One character said "dream up a bigger gun" or some thing of that matter and they did but after that many things kinda contradicted that statement...They couldnt just think up weapons like that.I needa see it again. and not the first showing that went til like 4..

i dont know if i remember correctly, but if i do i believe that the dude who said "dont be afraid to dream big" was the dreamer, and the other dude was in his dream.. thats why he was able to do that.

but like i said i dont remember exactly, but i feel like the dreamer had the ability to conjur shit out of thin air like that, it was just dangerous because you were changing the dream and the projections would start to feel they were out of place and shit.

i dont know if i remember correctly, but if i do i believe that the dude who said "dont be afraid to dream big" was the dreamer, and the other dude was in his dream.. thats why he was able to do that.

but like i said i dont remember exactly, but i feel like the dreamer had the ability to conjur shit out of thin air like that, it was just dangerous because you were changing the dream and the projections would start to feel they were out of place and shit.

thw wharehouse they were in was part of the designed dream so it probably had a tonne of weapons for them..i dunno.

thw wharehouse they were in was part of the designed dream so it probably had a tonne of weapons for them..i dunno.

why would they have a ton of weapons in the warehouse? they didnt anticipate fischer being trained in dream extraction.

PS

it was the chemists dream in the warehouse.

the dude who dreamt the gun designed the fortress dream.

why would they have a ton of weapons in the warehouse? they didnt anticipate fischer being trained in dream extraction.

PS

I thought the architect(ellen page) designed all of it.

PS

I thought the architect(ellen page) designed all of it.

semantics.

design, not really. i should have said he dreamt the dream.