INCEPTION

HUSK

I saw the trailer for this. Everyone I know was so hyped about it when they saw the trailer. I thought it was going to be fucking retarded. I thought that a serious movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and fucking Juno was stupid. And that part where she says "is this a dream?" I thought it was going to be shitty. But then I saw it and thought it was the shit. Seriously, good storyline, good concept, well executed. I did get kinda turned off in the beginning because of the "500 Days of Summer" guy, but it ended up being really really good.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good effects.pretty good story.they could have elaborated more on parts like what the fuck they were doing there in the first place?I think they were just trying to fit alot into one movie and didnt have enough time...that totem idea might very well be on point???:confused:

• Like 1

This movie was awesome. In so many facets. One of the best sci-fi's to come out in recent time. There was only one line that was absolutely not needed. When Leo DC refers to the fact that "we only use a small percentage of our brains in conscious action" is such an outdated perception of human cognition. Otherwise they were pretty spot on with contemporary thought on dreams, the structure of observable consciousness during dreams, and other more abstract metaphysical representations of dream states (mostly french philosophers, which is why the french trope is really awesome). But there is so much attention to detail. To think that Nolan wrote and directed this speaks volumes to his ability to conceive, create and execute a specific vision that is ultimately comprised of multiple parties perception of that vision.

It's a wonderful metaphor for how we are in the world itself, and as we exist with other consciousnesses that must impact the world we create for ourselves.

/yesmetaphysicalrantoner.

• Like 1

This shit made me lol--Homeboy sent me these messages after seeing inception:

[soup], just thinking about the movie right now is almost enough to move me to tears. I haven't felt this way about any creative achievement ever. I'm usually afraid of over-hyping things because I have the ability to augment my passion for something I enjoy though analysis, but Inception is beyond that. The hype and analysis and criticism I'm capable of isn't even worthy of this movie. As far as I'm concerned, Christopher Nolan is God, and with Inception he's officially produced "light" for the world.

[soup], after thinking about it some more I realized—my opinion of films has changed. There are good movies. There are great movies. Then there is Inception. It's an achievement. It's the child that Blade Runner and Heat and The French Connection raised in hopes of a better future. It is the new canon against which I will judge and inspect all creative endeavors from here on out. If a perfect film ever exists, Inception is it's father on the day he taught it to walk.

This.

I went to see this tonight. I am definitely a fan of this movie now.

The crowd was dead silent throughout the whole movie, and when the end cut to credits, the whole crowd let out a nervous laughter. Almost like "COME ON!"

I was definitely impressed by this film. I can only say it was like Christopher Nolan merged his "Following" and "Memento" writing style with Batman's action. It was really well done.

watched it yesterday..im pretty sure the kids are the totem as the modern techno dreidel was his wifes and the guy said something like each totem is unique or what ever. so it would make sense that he never saw his kids faces as they were his totem and everything was a dream so when he finaly came out of it he got to see them.

if that makes sense..all in all the movie was exactly what i expected and more a lot of the audience was like whut?

The fact that they had a MC Escher reference made that whole film worth it for me; worth $10 bucks I am not sure; but just to see a reference to Escher for all the dudes in the younger generation who haven't heard of him..yea in that sense it was well worth it.

Big fan of that dudes work.

yea, i liked that too, and how they showed the endless stairs from above being continuous, then.......

cut to next scene

walking down the steps to the ground

DOOH!!!

facepalm.jpg

Wasn't all that impressed with this movie. Definitely a good movie but certainly not all it was hyped up to be. I personally think some of the directing could of been a little better, some things left out and some other aspects added in. IMO.

I had high hopes and the movie started off very well. Then it started taking a nose dive for me around midway through and finally the last 30-45 minutes I just flat out lost interest and didn't enjoy at all. I'm all for giving movies a chance and respect when it's due but I just cannot co-sign this as being any more than a one-time, "I'm bored and there ain't shit else to do" type of movie. It was a great idea and plot but I just don't think it was as good as it could have been.

I'm hoping Machete will be entertaining.

finally saw this today, it was good.

nolan is a really awesome filmmaker who clearly spends a lot of time thinking about his craft. he pushes the limits of storytelling and cinema in a way that is so much more interesting than fucking james cameron. this movie was the perfect antidote to all this avatar hype nonsense.

I really like the way inception and the prestige kind of equate filmmaking with dreams and magic, respectively.

the only part of this movie i did not care for is the magic dream machine

why get stuck on stuff like this?

it's like the people complaining about "they didn't explain this technology enough"

wahh wahh you're totally missing the point.

the machine runs on Unobtainium, ok?

I feel bad for you son.

i got 99 problems but inception aint one

if you having comprehension problems i feel bad for you son

i didnt miss a trick and loved it, ive explained this movie to my boy and his gf, and my boys room mate, and ill help anyone else if they like. if you quoted the whole thing you'd see i thought it was a great movie.

yall need to stop going to movies stoned, you usually dont remember/cant follow whats goin on, whats the point?

anyway, thought the movie was great. it goes through a somewhat complex storyline relatively smoothly, and without talking down to the audience, It leaves most of the explanation of details to subtlety, allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions. It could have gone lots of different directions with the dream sequences, i'm happy they didn't go overly fantastical (like the matrix, flying stopping bullets, etc) i think it was done just right. Of course the ending was predictable, but it left it open for further interpretation/discussion, not mad at it.

4.5/5

certainly wasn't a bad movie, don't see what all the people who didn't like it Dont like about it, at the very least it was 'ok'