The Concert Thread

a kid growin up

mgmt is pretty hit or miss. first time i saw them was in 07 and it was unreal. seen them a few times since then and it's been shitty. dudes do a lotta drugs so i'm guessing their performance depends on how fucked up they are.

this looks like a good show: http://www.treasureislandfestival.com/2010/index.php

i've been every year and yes, it is saturated with stupid bridge and tunnel hipsters, but pretty much any show on TI is rad.

lots of bay area folks on this thread...any chance you get to peep the new Fox Theater in Oakland is worth it. it's a great venue and I hope it does well...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into 50 on her way out of a Fox show last year. I forget which show, was it TV On The Radio? She'll remember.

They definitely get some pretty good acts in there. I'm sure I'll eventually wind up seeing a show there someday.

Yeah, they haven't been doing anything that I've heard of. We have mutual friends, it would be easy for me to find out the story but I think their success may have something to do with them playing less.

Another good band in a similar vein to TG is the Trainwreck Riders, but they're another band I haven't heard much about recently. They're affiliated loosely with TG through the Mission scene.

I'll keep my eye out for them thanks!

Hopefully something will turn up in the future.

Another great instrumental band to see live is

The bronzed chorus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNW-s6w47wY.

I only got to see them once

but they put on a really good show at this really crappy bowling alley with

hardly anyone there. I like it when bands do stuff like that..play good no matter the head count.

French kicks also did a good job when they were here.

I was surprised that they played in a tiny little bar in sacramento.

The cool kids were too cool to be stoked over it.

The drummer is something to see though.

I would also love to see the the national live.

I missed them when they were in oakland.

I think theyre headed out north and then over seas.

I don't know about The National. They aren't bad but they certainly don't make their influences a secret.

I saw TG play at the Black Box in Oakland in 2004 to a crowd of about eight. It was cool because they were able to turn down the sound and play a mellower set that was a little more centered around acoustic material. Normally they tend to rock out, so it was a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

I don't know about The National. They aren't bad but they certainly don't make their influences a secret.

I saw TG play at the Black Box in Oakland in 2004 to a crowd of about eight. It was cool because they were able to turn down the sound and play a mellower set that was a little more centered around acoustic material. Normally they tend to rock out, so it was a nice change of pace.

sup shai. been lurkin? aint seen ya much, not even in crossfire.

I love Washington, even the rainy parts.

have you had to live in a town where nobody has seen a black or mexican person outside of the TV or internet? (im not black or mexican, but still)

edit: i dont mind the rain, it makes everything green and the wildlife is amazing. its just the people i cant take.