The Concert Thread

a kid growin up

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGMT........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you get the point.

Recently seen Roky Erickson and Concrete Blonde at the same venue. The Henry Fonda is a great place to see bands who care about sound and quality. You should probably be at least in your thirties to appreciate both bands.

Caliexco is also a band worth seeing live. Quality.

That is all for now.

Recently seen Roky Erickson and Concrete Blonde at the same venue. The Henry Fonda is a great place to see bands who care about sound and quality. You should probably be at least in your thirties to appreciate both bands.

Caliexco is also a band worth seeing live. Quality.

That is all for now.

do you mean calexico? wish i had seen them with sam beam, dudes a beast.

mason jennings before he sold out=

tool everytime they come within 100 miles

ween evertime they're in town

do you mean calexico? wish i had seen them with sam beam, dudes a beast.

mason jennings before he sold out=

tool everytime they come within 100 miles

ween evertime they're in town

What you said.

They were so fucking on point when I saw them.

Viva Calexico.

a friend of mine does PR and set up a show for mgmt 2 years ago

they had a list of requests for back stage for a small budget of 8grand i think.

they requested

-box of puppies

-admirals uniform

-goats milk

dude really had to get all the stuff, and now that i think about it, it was 3 years ago.

and a bunch of other bullshit i cant remember, they didnt seem too weird but i didnt really talk with them that much, i think they received $35k for the gig.

on another note i cant wait to see the pixies!

My last show was pointfest. 29 bands for 29 bucks. no one really stood out. seether was ok, i guess but i am not really into them. flowbots sucked ass and the singer for greek fire is a douchebag. slayer needs to come back. i've seen them 6 times now and they haven't disappointed yet.

im seeing soja the first

went to a steve miller band concert and the security peoples were being dicks so mr miller told them all to leave and let everyone have a good time and the stage got rushed like 30 seconds later :lol:

tryin to make it to the warped tour

edit: after paying copious amounts of money for these big concerts, the BEST concert ive ever been to was still a 5 dollar cover at a hole in the wall bar with ASG, Weedeater, Mortal Man and gollum (before their drummer died)

gwar, and powerglove. powerglove was fucking insane. dragonforce played with them, and were equally insane, they were bottlefeeding the bass player whiskey as he was going on. awesome.

also, dinosaur jr was one of the nuttiest shows i've seen because everything j did was improvised. that and the speakers were bigger than stacks i'd see at a fucking arena rock show