Move to Oakland, get away with murder...

lord_casek

People are making a bigger deal about this than they ought to, but that's not too surprising.

Oakland is not a particularly unsafe place as long as you use some common sense....as long as you're aware of your surroundings and what's happening around you there's nothing to worry about. However...if you're one of those folks that constantly acts shook around black folks, then you should probably stay in Fargo with your own kind.

Word.

I'm just saying police departments everywhere are most likely going to go through similar issue's due to the economic state at the moment. Perhaps more severe, maybe less. Some may not be affected at all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you're brown and act shook around Asians, will I be safe?

As long as you steer clear of Chinatown and the area just south of Lake Merritt.

The other thing no one's brought up is that firing 80 cops can only make the ones that kept their jobs more stressed out and prone to fuck up.

I have a friend who is a public defender for Alameda County who sat in on some of the meetings regarding the layoffs....he told me that the only reason the layoffs happened at all is on account of the police union not being willing to negotiate a few cuts to the officer benefits packages. As it stands, it costs the county $188,000 a year in pay and benefits for each Oakland cop, so...yeah. Something to think about.

Move to Oakland. Fight Pregnant Lady in Burger king Parking lot while its being taped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6PdyVrHO9g

disaster. preggo girl gets kicked in the stomach a couple of times. also has a dude hit her

i spy 50mil in the video to i think.

:lol: :lol:

That was the saddest & funniest video I seen in a while... Oakland is fuckin ridiculous.

As long as you steer clear of Chinatown and the area just south of Lake Merritt.

The other thing no one's brought up is that firing 80 cops can only make the ones that kept their jobs more stressed out and prone to fuck up.

I have a friend who is a public defender for Alameda County who sat in on some of the meetings regarding the layoffs....he told me that the only reason the layoffs happened at all is on account of the police union not being willing to negotiate a few cuts to the officer benefits packages. As it stands, it costs the county $188,000 a year in pay and benefits for each Oakland cop, so...yeah. Something to think about.

Unions suck for various reasons. This being one of them.

And of course, less cops, harder the job is. More stress, less time to take shit. You can see where I'm going with this.

that video was comedy when the police got there bike ran over....dumb fuck stood there like what, is it gonna pop up by its self, pick that shit up dumb fuck.

since it's going crazy out there, whos tryna pull a lick and rob a pharmacy, get a couple boats of some 80's couple bricks of some lean...

Here's the report.

Man Opens Fire on 2 California Highway Patrol Officers During Traffic Stop

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Authorities say a man who was armed and wearing a bulletproof vest was hospitalized Sunday after he opened fire on two California Highway Patrol officers during a traffic stop on an Oakland freeway.

The trouble began early Sunday when the officers pulled over the driver of a car that was speeding and weaving on Interstate 580, said CHP Sgt. Trent Cross.

Cross said the driver, who was armed with a high-powered rifle, a shotgun and a handgun, opened fire on the officers.

The officers returned fire, hitting the suspect multiple times.

Investigators on Sunday were still trying to determine the number of shots fired, though Cross said the exchange "lasted for a few minutes."

The suspect, identified only as a 45-year-old Groveland man, was hospitalized in stable condition at a local hospital.

The two officers, who have not been identified, suffered minor injuries from flying glass.

The shooting prompted the closure of Interstate 580 around 1 a.m. while police investigated.

CHP said all westbound lanes of Interstate 580 near Grand Avenue in Oakland remained closed early Sunday afternoon while the investigation continued.

The freeway shootout came less than a day after Oakland and Bay Area Rapid Transit police officers shot and killed a man after they said he ran from officers and then charged at them while holding two knives.

Both incidents are being investigated by Oakland police and additional agencies.

never once got robbed. Ever. Once... One time i had a couple of dudes try to rob me and when i told them i was a broke graffiti writer they said "AW BLOOD YOU DO DAT GRAFFITI? HIT UP 51ST AND 61ST CUZZZ"

This has happened to me on several occasions in Oakland and SF. Feels good, especially the not getting robbed part.

I have been robbed once and it was really no big deal. They got an empty wallet...joke's on them, right?